Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

He was clearly brought on to take a penalty
Absolutely. He could of spoke up though and said he never felt comfortable. Players who just come on at the very end of extra time to take a penalty are at a disadvantage. Look at the final of Euro 2020 when England brought on their penalty takers. I knew then and I knew in Saville that it was a mistake. In my opinion, you need to have at least 30 mins in the legs to get used to the pitch, ball and atmosphere. You only need to look at his penalty to see he wasn't comfortable/confident. That's why I blame him. Scared to say he wasn't comfortable and scared to strike it with confidence.

I need someone to blame and I'm sorry but it's got to be Ramsey.

Absolutely. He could of spoke up though and said he never felt comfortable. Players who just come on at the very end of extra time to take a penalty are at a disadvantage. Look at the final of Euro 2020 when England brought on their penalty takers. I knew then and I knew in Saville that it was a mistake. In my opinion, you need to have at least 30 mins in the legs to get used to the pitch, ball and atmosphere. You only need to look at his penalty to see he wasn't comfortable/confident. That's why I blame him. Scared to say he wasn't comfortable and scared to strike it with confidence.

I need someone to blame and I'm sorry but it's got to be Ramsey.
Rules of FF , you’re not allowed to blame anyone.

Something we will never know but we should never have signed him in the first place.
Just a mental suggestion that in the heat of that moment in such a massive game you think Gio was caring about how much the club spent on Ramsey and how to make it look like a good deal

Just a mental suggestion that in the heat of that moment in such a massive game you think Gio was caring about how much the club spent on Ramsey and how to make it look like a good deal
Perhaps , perhaps not but history will always show he missed the vital penalty.

The financial fair play rules are a joke. You have Barcelona with over a billion in debts spending freely, and then there teams like Leicester who can't buy until they sell. Then there is the rest of the smaller clubs in Europe, on the outside looking in as the rich clubs do what they like.
They are selling rights to all sorts of things so they aren’t breaking FFP. What they are doing is essentially gambling the future of the club though. Any club can do that if the FA allow it.

Shambles it really is.
It’s not a shambles it’s an instalment that was agreed when the deal was made. It’s being worded that Barca have just patched paying them which isn’t the case. Would be like Besiktas complaining that we haven’t paid out Yilmaz instalment yet despite a future date being agreed.

Slightly surprised at Chelsea seemingly paying £20m for Chukwuema - not sure I've seen enough of him, because I haven't seen anything that suggests he's going to be a superstar in what I have seen.

Might just be ignorance of the player on my part.

Slightly surprised at Chelsea seemingly paying £20m for Chukwuema - not sure I've seen enough of him, because I haven't seen anything that suggests he's going to be a superstar in what I have seen.

Had been linked with Barca and Dortmund. The player wants more minutes yet he is going to Chelsea where he will just go out on loan I'd imagine.

Gerrard mentioned his agent had lost the plot.

Wanted £120k a week or something mental.

Surprised by that myself.

Renato Sanches to PSG for €15m. A complete change of transfer policy this summer from the French side.

Their manager is very good.
A lot of cynical people pointing out the change in direction coinciding with the Qatar World Cup. Plenty of talk the last couple of years about them taking a back step once that is done with.

Kasper schmeichal to nice for £1m ,ffs i would have took him at Ibrox for £1m
He was also on £120k a week at Leicester. No idea how much he will be on at Nice but it would be well out our price range.

Never realised he was 35. Looks a good bit younger than that.

Back