Martindale says its nonsense people get upset with him using players nicknames

uneasydaz

DAVIE MARTINDALE says it’s nonsense if people get upset by him calling rival players by their nickname.

The Livingston boss was criticised in some quarters for referring to Rangers pair James Tavernier and Scott Arfield as ‘Tav’ and ‘Scotty’ after his side’s 2-1 defeat last week.

But Martindale said: “We play each other that much and everybody knows each other that well that there’s always some kind of relationship.

“Scotty Arfield is from Livingston and we have mutual friends. He has a really good relationship with wee Cheb, our kitman. The two of them were at Falkirk together.

“Ever since we’ve been in the Premiership, Mr Arfield has come and visited us after games. He comes in the changing room to see Cheb.

“So is it Mr Tavernier or Mr Arfield? Is it Mr Jota? When Scott Brown was at Celtic I’d call him Broony. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong there, to be fair.”

Lot of nonsense this players in the past have openly displayed their love for the Tim’s (Charnley, Diamond and McGuire to name a few few) and nothing was said

He shouldn’t even be justifying himself to the bitter 19th Century Terrorist hordes.

One Rangers minded manager that happens to take more points off them than us has them absolutely foaming at the mouth, yet they have no issues with the numerous filth minded players and managers within our game that were all too cuddly with “Broony” and the boys for years.

Not to mention their opponents last week who seem to lube themselves up every time they play them.

It’s standard in Scottish football these days for the online mentally challenged army to go to town on anyone that’s not “Celtic minded”, and the last week with Martindale has been a perfect example of that.

DAVIE MARTINDALE says it’s nonsense if people get upset by him calling rival players by their nickname.

The Livingston boss was criticised in some quarters for referring to Rangers pair James Tavernier and Scott Arfield as ‘Tav’ and ‘Scotty’ after his side’s 2-1 defeat last week.

But Martindale said: “We play each other that much and everybody knows each other that well that there’s always some kind of relationship.

“Scotty Arfield is from Livingston and we have mutual friends. He has a really good relationship with wee Cheb, our kitman. The two of them were at Falkirk together.

“Ever since we’ve been in the Premiership, Mr Arfield has come and visited us after games. He comes in the changing room to see Cheb.

“So is it Mr Tavernier or Mr Arfield? Is it Mr Jota? When Scott Brown was at Celtic I’d call him Broony. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong there, to be fair.”
RoqvkD4.gif

It's the old one of accusing others of what you are guilty of, groups done it before, one of them has a statue in Dublin,(fairview Park) I think his name is sean russell, he was a definite nazi.

Yet the group he belonged to accuse the group who fought the actual nazis that they are nazis.

It's like how celtic/snp/sinn fein call people who despise them fascist, while singing songs in praise of the ira who were avowed fascist and in particular sean south who the people who accuse Martindale of being to friendly with Rangers players sing his song multiple times each game in praise of him.

It's time to start telling the truth about them.

James McPake couldn't bring himself to say "Rangers" after our win up there last season.

Charlie Mulgrew was seen on camera, not congratulating, but being like "what a goal that is" to Rogic at HT in the 3-0 game.

Remember the multiple newspaper articles and press conference questions about that too….

…….

…….

No wait…

This is basically othering those not pulling the pathetic and corrupt Celtic party line in Scottish football.
Of course and they've went after the referees who they can't control, even if the numbers prove they give more decisions for them than us.
Madden all of a sudden wants to be working in the English system and Beaton has abused someone at a game and obviously now he will leave.

To be fair you get people on here raging if McCoist says Lenny or Kevin Thomson says Broony etc. It’s really not that big of a deal.

Just me or does it seem like Martindale is getting a hard time because
A his team failed to beat us even though they get results against the tims B he supported us back in the day.
Watch them start having him as leader of the “sack race” if they fail to win today :mad:

There have been threads on here before about managers using opposition players nicknames so the irritation isn’t all one way.

It's faux offence/outrage. They're the masters of it. They've got it down to an art form.
They are absolutely determined to suck every little last bit of enjoyment out of football.

They try to exhaust people into submission with their never ending grievance seeking and manufactured outrage.

We have plenty of our own too.

Do they think this is going to make him try less against their team? I'm baffled by it.

I remember Kenny Miller referring to 'Broony' after an Old Firm game. Were there any articles about that because there was definitely 'outrage in some quarters'?

A player from another club told us "It's not on. Using wee pet names for James Tavernier just shows his bias. No wonder Livingston lay down for Rangers. I will tell you something else - there is no way on earth Lenny would have stood for any of that"

What about the media outlets that lovingly call the scum "the hoops" thats ok is it

Martindale is exactly the right person to respond to this pish in a manner that makes the comments sound as stupid and petty as they are. Especially because they are aimed at him, but still.

Fucksake, the filth have a Japanese player that the whole fucking country calls by his first name.

Excluding myself in that though.
I prefer "wee diving prick."
The media have swooned at the mention of “Henk” “Ange” and the various first names that the forever nasal whines seem to throw up.

Fucking hypocrites the lot of them.

Strange that “The Hoops” get upset by people using nicknames or familiar term shorthand names when talking about football.

Since last week, I have asked the question.

What’s the difference between Martindale using shortened versions or even nicknames when describing these players, as a self confessed boyhood Rangers fan, and an active, employed SPFL manager in Jim Goodwin, an ex-celtc player, attending a Celtc cup final as a fan with his son who wore a Celtc scarf?

What’s the difference in having a manager openly supporting a club and a manager openly supporting a club?

The answers I received for this ranged between “because Martindales a wee hun bastard” to “Goodwin was scouting so you can’t prove he’s a Celtic fan”.

What we really know here is that the rattlers don’t like anyone openly supporting us because straight away that encourages thoughts of corruption and being in the masons etc. it’s ok for people to openly support their club because of hate the cult they live under, but he’ll lend you if you support Rangers openly in Scottish football.

Martindale shouldn’t have to explain himself, in fact, he should just ban the media from asking him any questions relating to it, it’s in his gift to do so. Let the media stir up the agenda, as they usually do. That lets us see who cares about it and who’s really, really upset about it.

The whole thing is a nonsense.

Back