Another defeat for villa

Legend is steep. One trophy in his time here doesn't scream legend.

Has his place in our history, that's it.
I think he deserves a bit more for the turnaround he did with the club. Many have spoke about how it changed right from the canteen all the way through when he came in. He got the standards back to the levels required for our club as opposed to the utter shambles the charlatans had left it in.

I think he deserves a bit more for the turnaround he did with the club. Many have spoke about how it changed right from the canteen all the way through when he came in. He got the standards back to the levels required for our club as opposed to the utter shambles the charlatans had left it in.
Agree

He brought us up to standard as an elite club again in many areas.

Villa are a team where the fans see them as top 6, when the reality is more 6th from bottom and mid table on a good run.

I don't think that's actually true.

Its like the myth that Newcastle fans expected there team to be competing for the top 4.

I think if you ask most AV fans they'd be happy with somewhere around 8th-10th and moving in a positive direction.

Legend is steep. One trophy in his time here doesn't scream legend.

Has his place in our history, that's it.
I've no axe to grind over his leaving, he saw an opportunity and took it, end of story.

I also am grateful for what he did for our club while he was here, but legend.

Too easily bandied around these days, for me.

Was great for us for 3 years and should be a legend.

But he phoned it in for 3 months then left like a thief in the night, popping back to nick a 16 year old striker.

For me it’s not about Gerrard, will always appreciate what he did for us.

I know it’s impossible but I’d be happy if every EPL side lost every week. The pretenders like Fulham Watford Bournemouth and the like piss me off with the ridiculous TV money.

The bigger clubs with their billionaire owners I like even less.

At least 30 years ago the likes of Man U Liverpool and Arsenal were winning as big clubs with tradition fuelled by a big fan base.

Hate the arrogance of the likes of City and the way they Chelsea and others run football farms swallowing up all the young plyars

And now we have Newcastle ffs

Rant over WATP

Will never not be grateful to Gerrard for what he did for us. He gave us our pride back in Europe, he gave us 55. But at the end of the day he slinked away in the night to Villa. He took the first offer. It wasn't a bad job but it was a 70/30 job (not in his favour), Villa have a billionaire owner which frankly in EPL world means nothing. Every club has a billionaire owner. He jumped at the first chance, will always be thankful but he went too soon.

Let’s be honest they lost their actual manager in Beale

It’s going to totally unravel. Gerrard is little more than a motivational figurehead

I’ve said on here before that I think he needs to hit the ground running this season otherwise he could find himself out of a job by Xmas.

Losing to a newly promoted side in his first game isn’t a good start.

He’ll achieve nothing at Villa. Won’t win anything, won’t go down.

A poor fit he’s chosen for himself.

Reactions: BWO
Apparently they were really, really poor today. Coutinho a waste of a jersey, shaky at the back, zero creativity. Bournemouth got a goal early, sat back and whilst villa dominated possession, they couldn't break them down. Sounds depressingly familiar to a lot of our games pre 55 season.

Listen, time is a great healer and after my initial anger at Gerrards departure, I've made my peace with it and can remember the good things he did here. But I still reckon it was a strange career move and that he'll be lucky to see Christmas in the job. Such a toigh league for any team to break the top 6 / shiw real consistency and the money that villa have isnt really that much of an advantage given most clubs in that league have riches to soare His smarter play would have been to continue with us for a while longer sbd then see which way the wind was blowing.

He should never have left us, he’d have learned more about management staying and working with a limited budget. Villa is and will be a meh club for years!

I wish him no harm but he made the wrong choice

Word down in Birmingham is that he has 7 games or he is out, board not impressed by last season and the lack of spending to date says something about trust money men have in him still being there long term
Sky bet have him at 14/1 to be the next manager to leave all over that if what your saying is even close to being true

Making mcginn captain a big mistake, no idea how he survives with the pace of the EPL after watching him waddle round Hampden v Ukraine

So do I.

I find it pathetic seeing Rangers fans taking great delight at seeing a guy who played his massive part in building us back up fail.

It’s pure Tim behaviour and it needs to go.
I as a Rangers fan wish the guy no ill will but what sticks in my throat is the weepy interview the week Walter passed while he knew he was going to aston villa and then walked out on us taking everyone of his staff the week of a cup semi final that is what boiled ma piss.

As previously stated the 55 was huge, more importantly he stopped the 10, both that factors for me brings legendary status, wish him nothing but the best, losing their first game of the season away from home is hardly a pant pi55ing situation.

For me it’s not about Gerrard, will always appreciate what he did for us.

I know it’s impossible but I’d be happy if every EPL side lost every week. The pretenders like Fulham Watford Bournemouth and the like piss me off with the ridiculous TV money.

The bigger clubs with their billionaire owners I like even less.

At least 30 years ago the likes of Man U Liverpool and Arsenal were winning as big clubs with tradition fuelled by a big fan base.

Hate the arrogance of the likes of City and the way they Chelsea and others run football farms swallowing up all the young plyars

And now we have Newcastle ffs

Rant over WATP

Agreed mate. Aribo movin to Southampton only happens because of the EPL. We were in leagues of the same level he only leaves for a bigger team.

I hold no grudges towards him, but the way he left really disgusted me. He came here, he brought an elite level feel to the club, he transformed the attitude and the professionalism and changed the way we operate.

He brought us the most important title in recent history, he changed the way we think about the rattler bastards and how we should treat them with the disdain and contempt that they deserve. He solidified the standards and expectations.

His trophy return was very poor, but all we wanted was that one title to justify his appointment. The harsh reality is that, domestically on the pitch he was second best for the majority of his time, other than our historic unbeaten and record breaking season, but in Europe he brought the respect for us back, he brought some amazing times back.

He was always going to leave, but to leave in the manner in which he did fucks me right off, so to see him start to flounder down there kinda makes me feel that karma is a wee cow sometimes, maybe the grass isn’t always greener.

Not surprised. Without even checking their forum I know what they'll be complaining about already.

Sacked by the end of the season.

Making mcginn captain a big mistake, no idea how he survives with the pace of the EPL after watching him waddle round Hampden v Ukraine
Mcginn was being slaughtered on the Villa forum today...
You do get the impression Villa fans have never taken to Stevie though.
Sad he is having a tough time....he gave us some great memories.
Villa fan today...
"His Rangers side were so dynamic and pressing, seem to be seeing very little of that here. Have to admit Beale leaving has me even more concerned, we don’t look to have a plan at all."

Villa are a team where the fans see them as top 6, when the reality is more 6th from bottom and mid table on a good run.
Yup that’s a problem for any manager going in there. Was pissed whenSG left us but over that long time ago and as others say he brought the respect back to us + 55 season was so good shouted out we are back thx SG

Was watching that one with interest, in my opinion away to Bournemouth was a game he would desperately not want to lose.
Its important to get off to a good start and harder away venues await.
I have no ill will towards him and wish him well but that's much worse than just losing the three points.

Villa is an almost impossible job. Not good enough or big enough for CL or even EL. So mid table is all they really can aim for. But their fans are as deluded as Aberdeen and still think they’re relevant.
1982 and all that.

Least successful Birmingham club this century.Fact

Last edited:
The reality is their fans never did take to him from day one.

He'll never have there what he had up here. No matter how many Coutinhos he buys.
I dont think that's true. All the villa fans I know were buzzing about his arrival. Granted some are less optimistic now but haven't heard anyone calling for his head yet.

I dont think that's true. All the villa fans I know were buzzing about his arrival. Granted some are less optimistic now but haven't heard anyone calling for his head yet.
Probably our own sad bastard fans that can't move on.
We are Rangers ffs

Seen this earlier from Bet365

After 28 games, Steven Gerrard's win % record at Aston Villa is the same as Gary Neville's at Valencia.

Won - 10
Drawn - 5
Lost - 13
Win % - 35%

I had Bournemouth on my coupon today, I just fancied them to win today, sadly Wolves let me down. I like Steven Gerrard and wish him well but I do think he made the wrong choice to go to Villa. It’s a tough gig down there and his stats are poor. I hope he turns it around, however they won’t give him a lot of time, its brutal.

Feels like the Villa support are forever unhappy with their manager not living up to expectations, probably more so now given the owner's deep pockets. Can understand Gerrard thinking he could make it happen there with those resources. Just one of those clubs for whatever reason where managers don't deliver and progress onto better things.

I bet you are one of the ones that would have let him %^*& you while he was here.
Screen_Shot_2019-03-22_at_5.33.23_PM.png

Back