46k MyGers members - is this higher than our number of season tickets?

Just announced on the Rangers twitter. What a roaring success and the best thing to happen to RSC's and the Rangers support in general for a long time. Long may Bisgrove reign.
I know this will be a joke BUT I'm for a loyalty scheme if its done on support for the club i.e attendance of matches, possibly RTV etc and those who attend the most get priority over the tickets.

BUT now with points going on so many things it looks like who is the richest will be gold as things like B & Womans team season tickets generate points and that is a sad state of affairs as well off fans will possibly buy them with no regard to ever attend..

Ofcourse their money and the can spend it on what they want. I just feel it should be a match ticket loyalty scheme based on match attendance.

Yes brilliant if you want to jump the public queue and get tickets against Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee Utd etc but when it comes to Aberdeen it’s a struggle and for the Manky mob you have to book a hotel to get a ticket even if you stay in Glasgow, there just copying the top English teams and increasing hospitality and slowly shutting out the ordinary fans who have supported the club through the bad times as well as the good.

Might want to merge it with this one, gaffer ;)

Let's assume all of those paid £40.00 (some will have been more).

£1,840,000

It's certainly working for the club if not the fans some of the time.

Yes brilliant if you want to jump the public queue and get tickets against Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee Utd etc but when it comes to Aberdeen it’s a struggle and for the Manky mob you have to book a hotel to get a ticket even if you stay in Glasgow, there just copying the top English teams and increasing hospitality and slowly shutting out the ordinary fans who have supported the club through the bad times as well as the good.
We've a poster on here who managed to get tickets for every Home match last season during the MyGers window, including both OF games.

Can only imagine he was regularly camped on the website and refreshing every minute or so. Fair play to him for his efforts if so.

I know this will be a joke BUT I'm for a loyalty scheme if its done on support for the club i.e attendance of matches, possibly RTV etc and those who attend the most get priority over the tickets.

BUT now with points going on so many things it looks like who is the richest will be gold as things like B & Womans team season tickets generate points and that is a sad state of affairs as well off fans will possibly buy them with no regard to ever attend..

Ofcourse their money and the can spend it on what they want. I just feel it should be a match ticket loyalty scheme based on match attendance.
It definitely isn’t a match rewarding scheme, I don’t have a season ticket or MyGers (though that is changing), but I get to any game I want, more than folk I know on MyGers get to. So I don’t see how they’re rewarded?

We've a poster on here who managed to get tickets for every Home match last season during the MyGers window, including both OF games.

Can only imagine he was regularly camped on the website and refreshing every minute or so. Fair play to him for his efforts if so.
I’m sure one of the OF games there were only 80/90 odd tickets that went to non season ticket holders who had a MyGers Membership, shameful, were turning into the Prawn Sandwich Brigade

It's an amazing uptake and amazing for the club. Still not sure it's really any good to the fans though.

Season ticket holder,MyGers member,
I only go to home league games to satisfy my live football needs that that are pretty modest,Away games don’t appeal to me so I can’t be accused of being particularly staunch and I subscribe to MyGers to give the club a few extra quid which is of no benefit to me.

Simple, if you don't have a season ticket you shouldn't be allowed in the scheme IMO.

Great scheme , easy cash straight into the club funds. A way of distributing tickets fairly and also gives the chance to people who can only get to a game a month.

Glad that the figures showed that all those that were allegedly protesting and weren’t going to renew came to nothing. To be honest I can’t even remember what they were annoyed about as they always find something.

Great scheme , easy cash straight into the club funds. A way of distributing tickets fairly and also gives the chance to people who can only get to a game a month.

Glad that the figures showed that all those that were allegedly protesting and weren’t going to renew came to nothing. To be honest I can’t even remember what they were annoyed about as they always find something.
I was personally annoyed that we withheld a few thousand tickets at least for the Manky Mob game and gave the tickets to players, corporate hospitality, sponsors and hotel deals instead of fans who purchased for the Motherwell , Dundee, and St Johnstone etc games

And yes I renewed :D

Fan rinsing mechanism from the horrible bastard that is Bisgrove!

There’s no hiding it now that they’re selling B team season tickets for points and games on at the same time as the first team.

I have a season ticket and I only really attend home matches.
I never really kept upto date with mygers implementation and it was only when I never got any tickets for the Celtic semi final despite being in the ccs I realised what it was all about. So this season I have binned the ccs. Pointless going to cup games at Ibrox against 1st Division dross when it has no bearing on getting semi and final tickets.

In saying that it seems to be a decent revenue stream for the club, so I suppose it makes sence.

Fan rinsing mechanism from the horrible bastard that is Bisgrove!

There’s no hiding it now that they’re selling B team season tickets for points and games on at the same time as the first team.
On the other hand we have fans who aren’t, as yet, season ticket holders at Ibrox and who may wish to go along (and perhaps take the kids and grandchildren) to see the B Team or the Womens Team. They could be MyGers Members who hope to one day get a season ticket or they may simply want to build up MyGers points in the hope of ‘jumping the queue’ and getting tickets for a game at Ibrox. In that context there is nothing wrong with them getting MyGers points. Why wouldn’t they be rewarded for following the B Team or the Womens Team? I actually think that is more deserving than, for example, a programme subscription. They are match attending fans - or they should be. What ‘toxifies’ it is folk buying said season tickets with no intention of attending any of the matches.

On the other hand we have fans who aren’t, as yet, season ticket holders at Ibrox and who may wish to go along (and perhaps take the kids and grandchildren) to see the B Team or the Womens Team. They could be MyGers Members who hope to one day get a season ticket or they may simply want to build up MyGers points in the hope of ‘jumping the queue’ and getting tickets for a game at Ibrox. In that context there is nothing wrong with them getting MyGers points. Why wouldn’t they be rewarded for following the B Team or the Womens Team? I actually think that is more deserving than, for example, a programme subscription. They are match attending fans - or they should be. What ‘toxifies’ it is folk buying said season tickets with no intention of attending any of the matches.
I would hedge a bet on those types of fans making up less than 5% of MyGers and the club will know this as well.

They would at least have the games on at different times.

Surely the reward of going see the B team or womens team is…seeing them.

Almost seems disingenuous towards both sides to suggest fans have to be rewarded on top of attendance IMO

Simple, if you don't have a season ticket you shouldn't be allowed in the scheme IMO.
What about those who live overseas and can only make a few games a season.
MyGers gives those supporters a chance of a ticket for some matches.
They also have to buy flights and book hotels, if not staying with family, to come and watch.

Back