46k MyGers members - is this higher than our number of season tickets?

I would hedge a bet on those types of fans making up less than 5% of MyGers and the club will know this as well.

They would at least have the games on at different times.
Does it matter what percentage they make up? If they commit to buying a season ticket for the B or Womens Team and attend their matches then surely they deserve the points? The ’problem’ is folk buying with no intent to attend.

I do agree that, where possible, they should de-conflict with the First Team games. Might not be as simple as we think though as I guess the opposition have to agree as well - and many of them will be made up of guys, and women in the case of the Womens Team, who work part- or even full-time.

Last edited:
I love the idea of a membership scheme. I hate how it's implemented. I've said before, I don't have much. My problem with it is that to have any real chance of tickets for league games etc, it's essentially a £150 deposit just to have a better chance.

I get the make money aspect but if it continues to drift towards points for cash, there's gonna be a large amount of rangers mad kids unable to see their team play outside of a home cup draw against smaller teams or pre season friendlies.

Does it matter what percentage they make up? They commit to buying a season ticket for the B or Womens Team and attend their matches then surely they deserve the points? The ’problem’ is folk buying with no intent to attend.

I do agree that, where possible, they should de-conflict with the First Team games. Might not be as simple as we think though as I guess the opposition have to agree as well - and many of them will be made up of guys, and women in the case of the Womens Team, who work part- or even full-time.
I get your point mate but I still don’t agree with the whole system.

It’s absolutely killing very loyal RSC’s and I’m obviously pretty biased because of that.

I was personally annoyed that we withheld a few thousand tickets at least for the Manky Mob game and gave the tickets to players, corporate hospitality, sponsors and hotel deals instead of fans who purchased for the Motherwell , Dundee, and St Johnstone etc games

And yes I renewed :D
Yep, I am the same. I get annoyed when I don’t get tickets. For me it’s a donation .

Wonder what the breakdown is of STH and non-STH in it?
I would like to see that too.

I'm ST holder who was in first 2 years and then ditched it this season.know someone else who did the same. To balance that I know 2 ST holders who just joined for 1st time this year and weren't previously in it

It’s nothing more than a con where bronze will never catch gold , new members don’t stand a chance of getting an away ticket

They’re slowly forcing out the buses and the hardcore support to be replaced with those with the most cash who will just spunk £80 or the likes to get an extra 25 points

If you’re gold and you keep buying B team season tickets and woman's football + subscription to programs you’ll never get caught , never ever ….

The only problem is you get less now for your money and Loyalty than we did before, if the club had any sense they’d put MyGers points on everything from pies to kits they’d make a killing

It’s nothing more than a con where bronze will never catch gold , new members don’t stand a chance of getting an away ticket

They’re slowly forcing out the buses and the hardcore support to be replaced with those with the most cash who will just spunk £80 or the likes to get an extra 25 points

If you’re gold and you keep buying B team season tickets and woman's football subscription to programs you’ll never get caught , never ever ….
Reading the other thread, there’s folk in Bronze who have got a ticket for Easter Road - probably the only one they will get this season right enough.

It's a loyalty scheme.
It's rewarding fans that show that loyalty by sticking an extra few quid into the pot.
These fans get priority for tickets, events, promotions etc.
The club earns a couple of million quid in the process.
What's not to like?
Forgetting who we are for pennies.

I'm neither a sth or mygers member but remember, lots of people don't have the disposable to stick extra in the Rangers pot. We need to be careful what loyalty means.

What about those who live overseas and can only make a few games a season.
MyGers gives those supporters a chance of a ticket for some matches.
They also have to buy flights and book hotels, if not staying with family, to come and watch.
And the folk who pay the money to try and follow the team week in week out, need to sit out a game because someone from over seas want to go to one game?:)):)):))

Reading the other thread, there’s folk in Bronze who have got a ticket for Easter Road - probably the only one they will get this season right enough.
Correct and that’s the reason they’ll never catch Gold who will get another 4 tickets on top of that

I was bronze last season and got St.Johnstone away on the Wednesday night , that was it …

£50 to go into a ballot where you get one ticket ?

Total waste of money unless you’re Gold

This is my last year in it …

Correct and that’s the reason they’ll never catch Gold who will get another 4 tickets on top of that

I was bronze last season and got St.Johnstone away on the Wednesday night , that was it …

You don’t get points for each individual away game so what you’ve said is untrue. Apply for every game and buy every ticket offered and you’ll get the same amount of points as someone in gold who applies for all and buys all offered

Don’t know why people are worried and getting themselves upset about mygers, it will be scrapped in the next few seasons and a new scheme will be invented that everyone can join and argue over.

Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know:

1. How English teams operate their loyalty schemes;
2. Whether they award points for women's games, programmes, etc?

This is my last year in it …
Even if you are gold its a waste of time apart from europe

Don’t know why people are worried and getting themselves upset about mygers, it will be scrapped in the next few seasons and a new scheme will be invented that everyone can join and argue over.
No it won’t, generates too much money. Won’t stop until tens of thousands refuse to buy it

It's not going anywhere.

It's a cash cow for the club.

People are buying all sorts of things they'd never normally consider, due to MyGers.

How the world has changed from attending games as you could buy tickets against the Manky Mob ‘away’ from Pubs and Newsagents in the late 70’s early 80’s.

You don’t get points for each individual away game so what you’ve said is untrue. Apply for every game and buy every ticket offered and you’ll get the same amount of points as someone in gold who applies for all and buys
My mistake I thought they’d stopped that

You serious? Other teams loyalty schemes are top down, Ie tickets are given to people based on how many points they have from most points to least

Like how we sort europe and hampden
I’ve never paid any attention to other schemes and have no idea how they work.

So how do you accrue points at other clubs?

I’ve never paid any attention to other schemes and have no idea how they work.

So how do you accrue points at other clubs?
Man Utd is ticket history, think it’s very much a closed shop. Sure I read Leeds is similar for a % of their away allocation

My mistake I thought they’d stopped that
Unfortunately for current bronze, the likelihood is very few will ever make gold unless they buy every single add on for another 3/4 years and even then there’s no guarantee if those above do the same

Man Utd is ticket history, think it’s very much a closed shop. Sure I read Leeds is similar for a % of their away allocation
Sorry. I’m confusing myself. You don’t like our scheme but use Man U as an example which you say is a closed shop.

I’m having one of those days but I’m clearly missing something here.

Possibly , but I think it's unfair on people who can't afford everything Rangers offer.

Maybe some can afford to go to the games but can't afford to buy strips , RTV etc
Agree. Even in different industries, it’s generally how a loyalty scheme works. Spend more or use more and get bigger/better/more frequent ‘perks’

Sorry. I’m confusing myself. You don’t like our scheme but use Man U as an example which you say is a closed shop.

I’m having one of those days but I’m clearly missing something here.
I’m saying mygers isn’t a loyalty scheme as a loyalty scheme would be top down

I don’t believe all domestic aways should be top down. The only one I think should is Parkhead and the top 500 should each get 1 ticket from the 2 games. The top 500 could potentially change and it’s extenuating circumstances with the allocation

I don’t believe other domestics should be top down. Just saying mygers isn’t a loyalty scheme

Agree. Even in different industries, it’s generally how a loyalty scheme works. Spend more or use more and get bigger/better/more frequent ‘perks’
Ok, but I’ve accrued over 350 more points than the cut off for gold. What perks do I get over them? I’ve paid 5 figures more to accrue those points

the comments on twitter in reply to that tweet are refreshing to see.

unfortunately the vast majority are probably members whilst moaning about the scheme.

I can't bring myself to join the scheme mainly because I can't justify 40 or 50 quid for no gain.

Fan rinsing mechanism from the horrible bastard that is Bisgrove!

There’s no hiding it now that they’re selling B team season tickets for points and games on at the same time as the first team.
Out of interest, does individual match attendance get points?

Back