Andy Goram - ashes buried behind the Copland goal line

ewilliamson

Official Ticketer
Rangers legend Andy Goram’s ashes were buried under the Ibrox pitch in a ceremony held by his loved ones.

His remains were placed inches behind the centre of the goal line at the Copland Road stand in a private service.

It comes five weeks after Goram – nicknamed The Goalie – lost his battle with cancer, aged 58.

Rangers legend Andy Goram’s ashes were buried under the Ibrox pitch in a ceremony held by his loved ones.

His remains were placed inches behind the centre of the goal line at the Copland Road stand in a private service.

It comes five weeks after Goram – nicknamed The Goalie – lost his battle with cancer, aged 58.

Absolutely love this. Has warmed my heart after reading of the scum chant.

RIP Goalie.

A memorial bench for Andy is being unveiled at the shankill garden of remembrance on Friday night in Belfast.Andy wanted something in place to show his respect and love for the people of the shankill road.that it’s being placed in the garden of remembrance shows how much that community looked at Andy as one of their own.
Will be there either Friday evening (work depending) or Saturday

What a class act

His final resting place the line he defended so many times. How fitting.

Was going to say i think I've heard of this before and wonder who else's are buried at Ibrox.
Well, i done a little search on google amd found an old forum page.
Here is what i found.
Tiger Shaw , Alex willoughby, willie findlay, Jim Baxter, Sandy Jardine are the ones I know of.

Whether this is true or not, no one seems to know. in the early days at Ibrox, a horse was used to pull the cutter to cut the grass. The story went that the Groundsman had a favourite horse and that after the horse died it was buried behind the goals at the Rangers end.

Am I reading too much into the fact they've used a picture from over 25 years ago with a booze advertisement behind the goal?

Back