Get on the phone to Bayern first thing tomorrow morning.

Was getting pushed off the ball a lot first half... Then came alive. Opposite of the first two games really and this time he won us the tie!

We have the exclusive option to buy, let's just concentrate on the football matches for now. :D

You can tell easily he's a very good player.

Some on the match thread wanted him off at Ht.

No fucking patience for 45 mins, never mind a fucking season.
I did too, mate. I think he has a lot of skill but needs to speed up his distribution. I really want to see Lowry getting the same opportunity to play.

He's gonna be a great player however I think the first half proved he can't play out wide , get him in the 10 and play around him and he will cause carnage . If it really is £5m - pay it now- no brainer

He's a cracking player everyone can see that ...... but he is young and had a lot to learn as well

Take one wher in corner ball was going out he tried to swing it over for a cross where as few mins l left tien around and hit it into corner and keep possession of throw in

Things that will be learned with playing and experience.

Exactly what I said. A bargain at £4.5 million and he is still getting up to speed.

After tonight I believe we get £5 million, we won’t lose in time with this lad.

Would love to see him in the No10 role . I don't think the wing is the place for him but a fantastic prospect. Can see him only getting better. Still a lot of getting used to each other.

We have the exclusive option to buy, let's just concentrate on the football matches for now. :D
How can it be an exclusive option to buy?

Say another club makes a bid for him for the same value as our purchase option, would Bayern not be able to accept the bid? If that's the case, what's to stop Tillman rejecting our contract offer, returning to Bayern, and then transferring to the other club?

Say another club makes a bid for him for the same value as our purchase option, would Bayern not be able to accept the bid? If that's the case, what's to stop Tillman rejecting our contract offer, returning to Bayern, and then transferring to the other club?
The deal IS first refusal to buy

The deal IS first refusal to buy
We can't force him to sign a contract with us. If he has an amazing season with us and a team like, say, Newcastle make it known to his agent that they'll pay him £50k a week, he's under no obligation to sign a long term contract with us.

Unless I'm mistaken and there's already a binding long term agreement in place with Tillman which we have the option to exercise. In which case, fair enough, might aswell wait.

What some don’t realise is that Tillman will lose the ball at times, maybe be a little frustrating, but he is capable of things that others in our team can’t do. He’s a game changer and a match winner. Only 20 as well.

We can't force him to sign a contract with us. If he has an amazing season with us and a team like, say, Newcastle make it known to his agent that they'll pay him £50k a week, he's under no obligation to sign a long term contract with us.
He’ll know the terms

However, if the lad has a belter of a season and his value rockets we can “buy” him and immediately sell to whoever. It’s a no brainer for us

Outstanding the night. Was worried he'd be wasted out on the right tonight but MOTM tonight by a mile.

Contract with Bayern. If we want to sign him he is ours. If Tillman doesnt want to stay, we buy him then sell him to his next club.

Unless I'm mistaken and there's already a binding long term agreement in place with Tillman which we have the option to exercise. In which case, fair enough, might aswell wait.
In this hypothetical scenario, he could go back to Bayern with Bayern holding out for £20m. Or he could stay at us with us wanting £15m, and he receives a bigger signing on fee at Newcastle.

Quality big player.

I worry he'll tire quickly this season though just because of his lack of first team football.

Hopefully Gio can manage him well.

Funny, the tadgers around me in the Govan Rear wanted him sent back to Bayern right away :shh::))
The same tadgers that arrive after 10mins, go for a smoke and pie at 30mins, moan about everything and how everyone is shite then head to the boozer at 70mins.

Morons.

He’ll know the terms

However, if the lad has a belter of a season and his value rockets we can “buy” him and immediately sell to whoever. It’s a no brainer for us

I don't think that's guaranteed or been announced.

That's not how they're all done, sometimes there's just an agreed fee that they have to accept and then it's down to negotiate the contract.

I'll be honest and say he wasnt as effective as i was hopimg, but showed up just when we needed him.(and strangely we had gone a bit flat after the 2ndc goal).
Careers can be made from those moments.

Quality big player.

I worry he'll tire quickly this season though just because of his lack of first team football.

Hopefully Gio can manage him well.

Surely that’s the idea behind a squad of talented players that you can replace those tiring. Probably where the likes of Lowry will come in.

Back