Club asking fans to wear Blue v PSV

I like the orange tops and when fans wear them it feels like quiet FY to the anti Rangers Scottish establishment. However aesthetically having one colour looks better (when you have a group of fans) and blue is the colour.
What I genuinely don't understand is why the club are making this request for this particular game. Is it about branding, do they want international TV viewers to see that all the fans in the Rangers stand are bears, what's the deal here?

Spend your money on the new kit, but we will tell you when to wear it. Fvck that.

Why did the team wear the new white and red away top last week when there wasn't a colour clash? To promote sales of that particular top.
Aye mate, no one ever buys our home top.

With the cost of everything going up, what if someone or a family can only afford to buy one top a season and decided to buy the orange one because it was out first and was released to be worn in Seville. Are they going to feel bad by wearing this seasons kit but in a different colour. Stupid idea, wear what you like.

You don't have any blue clothing?

Hopefully it gets everyone’s backing and we get the spectacle it can be

I eagerly await the “No one will be telling me what I can and cant wear” brigade though
Wait the the Union Bears hear about this, all that black SI gear's now worthless

With the cost of everything going up, what if someone or a family can only afford to buy one top a season and decided to buy the orange one because it was out first and was released to be worn in Seville. Are they going to feel bad by wearing this seasons kit but in a different colour. Stupid idea, wear what you like.

It's just a suggestion mate. I havent bought any tops this season and will just wear whatever I like. Don't worry about it. Hopefully loads do.

Spend your money on the new kit, but we will tell you when to wear it. Fvck that.

Why did the team wear the new white and red away top last week when there wasn't a colour clash? To promote sales of that particular top.
They didn’t say the new blue kit did they? They just said A blue kit…

It's to be pissing of rain:)), this is them wanting us aw buying the blue castore lightweight rain jackets
Roll up, roll up......:))

TF0510_BLUE_1_38d11bab-76aa-44e7-baed-6a5f843920b9_2000x.jpg

I won’t be wearing a rangers top but they are only asking people to wear blue

blue t-shirt or polo top for me

Doesn't have to be a Rangers top mate. I'm sure that family has blue t shirts.

I can’t believe the amount of people that didn’t do it in Seville to be honest, hopefully as this is the club asking and not the union bears then participation will be close to 100%, doubt it though
There were 20 of us there and everyone had blue on. Orange on the Tuesday and blue on the Wednesday seemed to be the theme with the majority tbh!

Sorry lads that's us out.

I always wear my 90s Nike away shirt (white and black) to euro ties, any time I don't we inevitably get beat :mad:

Is next week going to be cold and I can wear the blue on top.... double layered loyal.

Doesn't have to be a Rangers top mate. I'm sure that family has blue t shirts.
Exactly. I think the only royal blue t shirt I own is a Davie Cooper t shirt. Will just wear that. It ain't a massive deal.

Aye like the Europa League final when the UB asked folk to wear blue. Meanwhile everyone in the Frankfurt end had no issues wearing white.
Frankfurt fans were coordinated to the max. All given chant sheets, all in white (or vast majority), knew you bring in plastic supports for their giant banner.

The club really should have included a British Standard number in that tweet.

The chaps in MRC would never be seen dead in a replica top and there will be punch ups galore when the accusations of “wearing the wrong shade of blue” start to fly.

They've asked folk to wear blue. No mention of wearing a Rangers kit, just wear blue.

I'd have been more convinced that the sentiment supposedly behind this exhortation- to create the "Blue Sea of Ibrox"- was worth supporting had the club not decided to cynically wear the red and white away kit at Livingstone and in Belgium when there was patently no colour clash.

That said, it was evident in Seville that the Eintracht Frankfurt end was universally white while our fans, despite being in greater numbers, chose to wear an array of blue, orange and even the 150th anniversary "white" shirts so diluted the overall presence and impact of our support at the stadium and when seen on TV.

Personally, I'm a traditionalist and I expect to see my Rangers wearing blue in every game unless there is a requirement to change because of the opposition kit being similar. Hence, I'm happy to select an appropriate blue shirt from my extensive [and expensively acquired] collection of home tops purchased over the years but I respect others might feel differently.

I won’t be wearing a rangers top but they are only asking people to wear blue

blue t-shirt or polo top for me
but if it's not an official Castore t shirt or polo top you'll be telling everyone you've deprived the club of some extra cash and some folk will be ragin at that level of unstaunchness. :)

Back