Burnley looking at Sakala. ?

I’m in the camp of go out on loan and get a years football under your belt.

Hopefully comes back a more polished player

Saying he doesn’t want to go out on loan is incredibly short sighted on his part and although I get the sentiment of why he is saying it, there are a good few ahead of him now in the pecking order so if he isn’t wanting to go out on loan the club will just move him on permanently. Something that I personally would be a mistake

Take your medicine, go out loan and prove your worth

Would be sad to see him go. Think he could play a big part in the away leg at PSV if we have a narrow lead to defend. His pace on the break could be a lethal weapon as we saw at the piggery last season.
If we need pace we have Rabbi Matondo. I like the wee man, but he’s very raw and a wee bit below the quality of the other starters. He’s unlikely to get many minutes this season, so if £3m is on the table, it’d be a good move for both parties.

Bite your hand off for 3m for Sakala. Holy moly between this and the Simpson deal I'm not sure if Ross Wilson has made some sort of dark pact with the devil.

A likeable guy with an incredible song but he's 25 now and his positional play is junior League at times. He's got attributes but he's extremely frustrating to watch.

Absolutely contributed last season and I wouldn't describe him as a dud by any means but if we can get 3m quid in we can absolutely use it to strengthen another area for that - either central midfield or goal keeper and I think we'd get much better for 3m.

Being discussed in the transfer thread.

But it'd be better to cash in on Sakala, it seems harsh but Gio clearly doesn't see a place for him in this squad.

If we can get decent cash, and go and get someone now, sure, let it happen.

If we need pace we have Rabbi Matondo. I like the wee man, but he’s very raw and a wee bit below the quality of the other starters. He’s unlikely to get many minutes this season, so if £3m is on the table, it’d be a good move for both parties.
I thought you were describing Matondo there. They're quite similar in both being raw and below quality at the moment

Gio clearly doesn’t rate him so I wouldn't be surprised. He doesn’t see him as a number 9 and he doesn’t contribute enough defensively when he plays him out wide.

Need different plan B players , can't rely on Plan A the big target man all the time its incredibly stubborn to think that works in every game

Seems a great guy and is an effective player at times. However, the times you need the cool touch, quick pass, sharp thinking, close control, critical pass is where he WILL let us down.

There are thin margins at the levels we aspire to operate in and I think we need better quality in that regard. Love the guy, but I don't think he is good enough for where we want to be. As you say, we also now have Matondo, who is in exactly the same mould. 3m would be too hard to refuse.

He in reality is unlikely to play often.

We should be looking to add AN other who can offer another option in the 8 or off forward role.

We have Hagi to come back.

Is this all direct competition, not exactly but part of the rotation of minutes Sakala isn't going to be getting.

He is just going to become a wage

Going to be back up this season and that’s good money.

I’d like a sell on with him as he’ll get plenty space to exploit in that league and I think Burnley will do well. I actually think he’d be a great signing for them and could move for £10m plus in the future.

He’s not good enough for us, despite what his “stats” might say. Anyone watching him play knows this. A good fee and he goes with our best wishes, no doubt.
Agree with you mate. Just don't think he's someone that can improve us. We should be looking at better, maybe Matondo is it.

He’s not good enough for us, despite what his “stats” might say. Anyone watching him play knows this. A good fee and he goes with our best wishes, no doubt.

I think he is fine as a Squad player, more effective than Scott wright, however if he thinks he is better than be a bit player then he is wrong and should be moved on for the best of both parties

Hopefully it will have a sell on clause, I know he is raw but his finishing % must be quite high for the amount of chances he gets. Best of luck to the boy if he does leave.

I never want to be playing crucial games and cup finals without a recognised striker again, we’ve had that too often. Morelos and possibly Colak are reliable, Roofe certainly isn’t so I’d be keeping Sakala as an option.
I agree with your general point, but for me roofe is the best finisher of the lot. Pity we can't keep him fit.

I like Sakala and think he is a useful player to have. That said, I don't think I'd be against him moving on for a decent fee.

Fo

For 3 million quid giving 10 goals and 10 assists or however which way you want to slice it? Gerrard chased Jack Simpson for 3 windows, managers get things wrong sometimes.
His minutes will be reduced even further this year if the start of this season is anything to go and he won't hit those numbers if that's the case Kent, Lawrence, Wright , Matondo and sometimes Tillman are ahead of him in the pecking order out wide and he has Colak, Morelos and Roofe ahead of him up front £3m for a 4th choice winger/ striker who we got for free would be good business

Back