Catering in Ibrox - How is it possible?

On a slightly related note, any idea what work is going on in the Govan with the scaffolding? I'm possibly putting 2+2 together and getting 143 here but it looked to my untrained eye like it could've been some ventilation equipment lying at the bottom of it. Wondered if it had anything to do with the Black Rooster kiosk that's opening in the Govan Rear,

The food actually seems to be better.

They also have straws and lids now for juice, still no ice though so I won’t be paying £3.20 for a cup.

Maybe once the staff are somewhat up to speed and the stock levels are sorted it’ll seem like an overall improvement.

They don’t have enough stock and some of the staff look like they’ve never held a conversation before, but the food on offer this season is much better than last season so far anyway.
How is this even possible for a catering company.

Are they surprised how many people go to Ibrox or surprised that people want food to eat?

On a slightly related note, any idea what work is going on in the Govan with the scaffolding? I'm possibly putting 2+2 together and getting 143 here but it looked to my untrained eye like it could've been some ventilation equipment lying at the bottom of it. Wondered if it had anything to do with the Black Rooster kiosk that's opening in the Govan Rear,

Is it not the work going on for the new Blue Sky Lounge?

The blue sky lounge works that’s ongoing.

Don’t think it’s to open until the end of the year I think. Loads of work still ongoing as far as I’m aware.

The food actually seems to be better.

They also have straws and lids now for juice, still no ice though so I won’t be paying £3.20 for a cup.

Maybe once the staff are somewhat up to speed and the stock levels are sorted it’ll seem like an overall improvement.
What’s better about it serious question?

Couldn’t face paying £3.20 for a flat Fanta and the food looked pretty much the same as prior year or even more limited so intrigued how you think it’s better.

What’s better about it serious question?

Couldn’t face paying £3.20 for a flat Fanta and the food looked pretty much the same as prior year or even more limited so intrigued how you think it’s better.
The quality of the food based on people’s feedback, I haven’t had any myself.

Its been like that since the new caterers came in, only a couple of juice choices too, pretty poor so far.

Its beyond incompetence, I don't know how many fan surveys or fans catering groups need to take place until someone actually does something. It surely cant be hard to stock a variety of basic juice, crisps and chocolate as a starting point

Anyone going to the football and buying food deserves all they get. Eat before you go or take a snack with you.
Shouldn’t be the case mate. I went down to Tottenham in April, the food and drinks selection inside the stadium was very good.

Our local NRL / AFL / A-League ground here has a Dominos, Krispy Kreme, abundance of bars, kiosks for drinks, crisps, chocolates, pie and hot dog stalls, coffee carts etc.

It really isn't hard.
What I do like too is, they're all separate if you want them - and then each stand will have one or two that do all. That way if I only want a beer, I don't need to stand in the queue with the guy who's getting 14 hotdogs, 2 pies, 5 kids packs and drinks.

Our local NRL / AFL / A-League ground here has a Dominos, Krispy Kreme, abundance of bars, kiosks for drinks, crisps, chocolates, pie and hot dog stalls, coffee carts etc.

It really isn't hard.
What I do like too is, they're all separate if you want them - and then each stand will have one or two that do all. That way if I only want a beer, I don't need to stand in the queue with the guy who's getting 14 hotdogs, 2 pies, 5 kids packs and drinks.
Now you're just trolling haha. Bringing out being able to get a beer if you want.

Now you're just trolling haha. Bringing out being able to get a beer if you want.
Can even be trusted to take it off the concourse and out to your seat.

What doesn't make any sense is, the beer they sell is half strength only - however, I can get 4 vodka and cokes no dramas.

Anyone going to the football and buying food deserves all they get. Eat before you go or take a snack with you.
I love a burger or hot dog at the football. Always before I enter the stadium tho cos it’s fuckin dreadful inside

on occasion ill risk a steak pie, knowing it’s 50/50 whether it’s edible or not

Thought the steak pie was actually pretty good. Definitely overpriced, especially for water. Those cartons of water were tiny as well as ridiculously priced, though the lad that served me gave me 2 and charged me for one. Was a pain in the arse that the till stopped working at the first queue I joined so had to queue twice.

Kinda scunnered with it tbh it’s frustrating as a chef looking at how poor it is.
Would need to the set up and facilitates to have a proper balanced view tbh. Actually seen there is an agency recruiting for chefs at every level for Ibrox, paying up to £21 a hour for a head chef, not the worst.

It looks like going by the menus, Rangers have actually picked a half decent package with Levy.

Can only imagine the total sh’tshow behind the scenes, wouldn’t be surprised if the facilities for catering are stuck in 1990.

As a child of the 60s, when a pie with any kind of heat in it was a massive bonus, a genuinely boiling cup of bovril which required gardening gloves to hold it, a spam roll sold from a cardboard box, or a macaroon bar / spearmint chewing gum was the gourmet cuisine of the day, I can't get too animated about the stadium food. My nephew on the other hand, apart from needing to work about 6 hours to pay for it, had a thoroughly enjoyable burger last night.

I've never understood the need to subject yourself to stadium food given that it's fucking rank - it makes Greggs appetising ffs o_O

Surely folk can go a couple of hours without eating :rolleyes:

Over last few seasons I’ve been a handful of times when I’ve had my boy with me, he likes getting a steak pie at football and to be fair they’ve always been half decent. Probably better from the previous caterer than they were at the spurs game

I've never understood the need to subject yourself to stadium food given that it's fucking rank - it makes Greggs appetising ffs o_O

Surely folk can go a couple of hours without eating :rolleyes:
You're presuming everyone is in easy reach of Glasgow. Often our fans have travelled longer times than the duration of the game already and will settle for whatever and whatever cost .

I'll also add a lot of our Glasgow fans underlook just how much of our fanbase don't live in Glasgow and never did. A couple hours at the game is a day trip for some and an absolute nightmare on weeknights

Last edited:
I mean that’s the shite attitude the food of the past has developed for every fan and you're right...imagine it was half decent though, the money it could generate over the course of a season.

We're already at a disadvantage in Scotland with our poor TV deal and our ban on alcohol sales. The clubs we directly compete with in Europe will have better TV deals and a greater £/€ spent per fan at the game. In 5+ years, I'm not even joking I've spent less than £10 at the food kiosks at Ibrox. I spent more than thst in Leipzig stadium last season.

People often take the piss out of some clubs in England offering up Salt and Chilli Chips or Noodles etc saying its modern football gone mad. The reality is it makes them a fortune, it may be over priced but it's edible.

We're very lucky our fans are loyal to our brand buying shirts etc but it's frustrating watching us sitting allowing the easier money get away from us. If anyone ever wonders why MyGers is more of a money maker than a loyalty scheme this is why, we've replaced the money we should get from matchday revenue for that.

Let's say 45k season ticket holders spent on average say £175 each in Ibrox each season (it's ambitious without alcohol). I think we had about 34 home games last season so it's about a fiver a head per game, we're talking 7.8m gross for easiness we'll say 5m profit a year which I guarantee the board would welcome. Instead we put it out to some substandard catering company who have limited facilities to deal with, sell shite food and take a massive chunk of the profits.

Would need to the set up and facilitates to have a proper balanced view tbh. Actually seen there is an agency recruiting for chefs at every level for Ibrox, paying up to £21 a hour for a head chef, not the worst.

It looks like going by the menus, Rangers have actually picked a half decent package with Levy.

Can only imagine the total sh’tshow behind the scenes, wouldn’t be surprised if the facilities for catering are stuck in 1990.
I used to work in the hospitality years ago.

The kiosks are terrible. I get you can’t have fryers or whatever but the equipment is obviously terrible.

There’s probably been no change outwith putting new screens on and a lick of paint.

To not even have cold water etc and things like that is shambolic.

Back