Club asking fans to wear Blue v PSV

Read page 1 yesterday and jumped to page 8 today. Have we all agreed which shade of Royal Blue we are wearing as I know there can be some variances on the official colour charts? B-)

It might be pouring from the Heavens so every one attending get yourself some Royal Blue rainwear. :)

It was the UB that requested everyone wear blue for the final, nothing from the club about it.
I can see why some of our fans wouldn’t know about it.

My dad only has Facebook so would never have seen the UB’s post.

I told him about the retro day for Jimmy Bell and he was happy to dig out an old home top for that.

He’ll be happy to join in on Tuesday but I’ll need to tell him what’s happening. I assume a lot of our older fans are in the dark when it comes to things like this.

I can see why some of our fans wouldn’t know about it.

My dad only has Facebook so would never have seen the UB’s post.

I told him about the retro day for Jimmy Bell and he was happy to dig out an old home top for that.

He’ll be happy to join in on Tuesday but I’ll need to tell him what’s happening. I assume a lot of our older fans are in the dark when it comes to things like this.
No we’re not

I thought the mix of orange and blue in the stands last night looked awsome, all blue will look dull  in  comparison.

Edit:. There's a reason I highlighted the comment 'in comparison' in bold letters. Some folk will no doubt mis-understand what is written above.
You're absolutely right. The sea of blue with specs of white, red and orange is a tremendous sight. I loved how it looked v USG the other night as well

With the cost of everything going up, what if someone or a family can only afford to buy one top a season and decided to buy the orange one because it was out first and was released to be worn in Seville. Are they going to feel bad by wearing this seasons kit but in a different colour. Stupid idea, wear what you like.
They could wear an old top or a blue t shirt for one game

I don't understand your post, it doesn't make sense.
Yours doesn't make sense either. Joey veerman was a signing we should have made last season. I hope to fcuk he doesn't come back to bite us in the arse. Simples. As for blue top I will be wearing one. It says WATP on it. I hope you are unconfused.

Yours doesn't make sense either. Joey veerman was a signing we should have made last season. I hope to fcuk he doesn't come back to bite us in the arse. Simples. As for blue top I will be wearing one. It says WATP on it. I hope you are unconfused.
I might be missing something, unless veerman told you himself he was just waiting on Rangers calling.

I made this point on our way home on Tuesday. It would be great to see a sea of blue, like the Dutch fans or Danish fans at internationals, it can be an intimidating site. We have so many variations of tops, example on tuesday I saw some really old ones and all the various latest. I hope we can co-ordinate on this occasion and turn up in Blue. C'mon people

I dont wear Rangers tops at games but if i was their tuesday id be in Blue

Fuss over nowt gotta love FF

The thing is, it’s not like literally everyone has to wear blue or else they won’t get into the game. If for some reason you really don’t want to wear blue then that’s fine! All this is doing is to maybe encourage some fans to show up in our home colours.

Doesn’t seem like much to ask but apparently from this thread, it is.

Should I feel guilty for wanting to wear the away top on Saturday.. I feel like I'm obliged to wear the home one for a few games now.

Maybe Rangers will wear the away top at home just to mess with everyone's head against St Johnstone

Should I feel guilty for wanting to wear the away top on Saturday.. I feel like I'm obliged to wear the home one for a few games now.

Maybe Rangers will wear the away top at home just to mess with everyone's head against St Johnstone

Aye you should.

Yeah. That'll really mess with everyone's head.

I suppose it's a sign of these modern times that so many folk have Rangers tops that aren't blue.

Surely, though, everyone has at least one blue Rangers shirt in their collection.

The old fashioned me still wishes life was simpler and Rangers wore blue every match unless there was a colour clash, and when that happened they then wore the same design of shirt but in either red or white. But that's another topic entirely.

Its not often it happens, but I always engage with the Club when they put out requests like this!

I think it looks great as a spectacle and shows a massive sign of Unity with everyone involved with the club and that’s the kind of signal I like sending!

You’re not just playing the team, you’re playing against every single one of us!

Last edited:
I can't actually a very simple request has generated this level of debate. In fact, any debate at all.

Also, if everyone pinged this request to fellow bears on their WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and sent handwritten letters to older fans, then I'm sure word would get around.

Maybe wearing blue should get us an extra MyGers point.

Back