Does it annoy you when parents let there kids through the turnstiles without a ticket?

Followbear93

Sit in the Copland front and seen it over the years, doesn't necessary bother me but seen a few bad mouthing it but I get that when kids get to a certain age they want to go to games and sadly with the support we have its hard to get a ticket near your season ticket seat, so can see why parents do it.

Sit in the Copland front and seen it over the years, doesn't necessary bother me but seen a few bad mouthing it but I get that when kids get to a certain age they want to go to games and sadly with the support we have its hard to get a ticket near your season ticket seat, so can see why parents do it.
How I got taken to games when I was younger.

As long as they arent demanding to stay in a seat they havent paid for I dont really care. Id much rather dads/mums and their kids were at the game than priced out.

Pretty much every game is sold out so not like the club is losing out

Euro games must be the easiest to do this at as most folk stand. Saw two stewards watching for this on Tuesday.

In saying that the guy in front of me for the RBL game's ticket didn't work. Being the good chap that I am I said fire through with me.

Lesson to be learned 2 folk circa 18 stone don't fit through too easily.

Last edited:
Was lifted over for years by my dad and uncles.
Would be hypocritical of me to object to this practice.
No it wouldn’t, when we got lifted over there was red standing for 70k fans. Now the kid would effectively need to find an empty seat or sit in someone’s ST

Good going having your 20+ son sit on your knee :p
Might have been the pair who walked in ahead of me on Wednesday!
I just wondered where the extra bod would sit.
Don’t often see this at Ibrox but used to it at away games.
Didn’t mind this as most stood anyway.

Depends on the age and size of child
But I don’t see this ‘it used to be okay back in the day’ or ‘it’s sold out anyway so the club aren’t losing out’ as justification

If someone was sat next to me with a kid on their lap that’s moving around all the time getting in the way etc I wouldn’t be too happy

I remember once going in to sit on my dads knee but it wasn’t a regular occurrence so no idea why I done it that day.

Season ticket / ticket for a kid isn’t expensive, I‘m not sure I’d sneak a kid in now (or that any of mine would let me).

How can u get into Ibrox without a ticket, I got lifted over years ago at old Douglas park a few times my uncle was an accies fan and I used to go to some games

Kids under 5 should be allowed to be lifted through. Man City let that happen for all games down here. Should be an accepted thing.

After that they should be paying the cost

Was lifted over for years by my dad and uncles.
Would be hypocritical of me to object to this practice.
Yes, it was an acceptable practice back in the day.
But space wasn't limited so much then and wasn't portioned into individual seats.
I can see why it can be a problem nowadays.

Reactions: TQ3
Done it when I couldn’t get my other kid a ticket for a sellout game maybe 3 or 4 times, so im cool with it!! When tickets are available I would buy for the sake of the club!

Also wouldn’t mind if a bear wasn’t well off and had to sneak in, do anything to watch rangers

As long as the wee melt doesn't have a "can I have your shirt sign" I'd be fine with it.

Always remember the next generation of fans are always the most important. Paying/snuck in who cares its kids.

I wouldn't do it with mine due to the risk of being caught and feeling like a pikey :D

In different and tougher times I don't think I paid, or had to pay, into football till I was 12 or so. My Old Man "lifted" me over and one of his mates or an obliging fellow fan would lift my younger brother over the turnstile. Indeed lots of Glasgow street urchins with no money in those times would walk miles to Ibrox and ask the cloth capped punters to lift them over. It was a Right of Passage in those days and we all melted onto the vast terracing of Ibrox with little issue, and the Clubs tacitly accepted this was the custom, so a tad conflicted on the issue today of all seater stadia.

Last edited:
I think a lot of us must have got lifted over a turnstile at some point when they were a kid.
Given that it’s all seated it must be difficult nowadays.? I get people stand, especially in the Broomloan, but it’s not the done thing elsewhere.
So you take your kid in the hope you can get him or her over the turnstile but a couple of eagle eye stewards prevent you from doing it.
I take it, it would probably mean going back to the pub without seeing the game .??

Some bad grasses on here, greeting about weans getting skipped in especially in current climate.
Don't really care about "current climate" or being called a grass because someone who hasn't bought a ticket is making our section even more cramped than it already is. Explain why this should be the problem of someone who paid to get in? How is this any different from the wee neds doubling up or climbing the turnstile? It's not about the money, you can't just let any number of people in.

I think if it's a young kid who's sitting on the parent's knee it's fine.

But if they're needing a seat of their own, not so much. There's a capacity for a reason and squeezing into a packed row isn't good for anyone - especially a young child.

Back