PSV Away Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of getting pelters, has anyone ever done a trip alone? Looking a possibility for me for this one!
Done several trips solo
Has definitel advantages to be honest , free to do own thing / plan itinerary/ do as you like

In fact I went to skopje solo for 5 days, stayed in Eindhoven on way there as it goes , skopje to Eindhoven on way back then got the train to Amsterdam / schipol for flight back to Scotland
(Partly why I’m not going to this game / felt I’ve seen Eindhoven / no rush to go back ( nice place though

Done several trips solo
Has definitel advantages to be honest , free to do own thing / plan itinerary/ do as you like

In fact I went to skopje solo for 5 days, stayed in Eindhoven on way there as it goes , skopje to Eindhoven on way back then got the train to Amsterdam / schipol for flight back to Scotland
(Partly why I’m not going to this game / felt I’ve seen Eindhoven / no rush to go back ( nice place though
Kinda the same, been to Eindhoven twice now (1978 & 2011) not really fussy about going again, but Holland is easy to get to and a good trip.

How's that?

I was over in May and didn’t get checked going through. Would imagine that’s what he means unless their rules have changed again. It did state that I had to have had 2 or 3 jags with the last one being less than 270 days prior. My last dose was my second in June last year but there was nobody checking. They probably want people in and out the airport as quickly as possible too with the absolute shit show Schipols been the last few months.

Price wise it has ended up a bit too expensive to get to the closer airports but I'm flying to Frankfurt first thing on the Tuesday morning and travelling through to Eindhoven by train at lunch time - supposedly takes about 3 and a half hours if you get the express train.

Is anyone else travelling this route?

At the risk of getting pelters, has anyone ever done a trip alone? Looking a possibility for me for this one!
Once you get over the initial - internal - notion of it being weird...you're fine.

Due to one reason or another done a few away euro games on my own when I was still at home; mates up for it then cancelled, short notice (like this) and only one with holidays left or cash.

Generally speaking if you go to games home and away you'll bump people you know, and if not you'll always find a crowd to sit in pubs/square with anyways mate.

You’ll bump into people you know or will meet new people.
I’m heading over myself for this trip too.
I enjoy the freedom of going where you want when you want.

i went athens on my own years ago when we played there, I enjoyed the freedom of doing what I wanted. Met up with some Edinburgh lads in my hotel and they made me feel very welcome. 4 of us going Eindhoven at lunchtime so anyone wants a beer and a natter is more than welcome to join us. I always find other nationalities are up for a chat as well especially the attractive females behind bars

I'll more than likely go with Weeze airport too given the price and I have to be back on the Thursday. Have you looked into taxis etc?
What's the transport links to there like, any idea?

I'm going from Dusseldorf itself on Tuesday lads so it's just a train from there. They are pretty regular and only £22

For the Thursday I found an online taxi company that were able to quote a fixed price of €125 to Weeze. Not too bad if split between 3/4 of us.

As said further up there is also an option of getting a train from Eindhoven to Venlo which is £10. Then get a taxi from there (25 miles) . I've contacted one of the airport firms so will let you know. If I'm on my own I'll likely do this to save a bit of cash as it will only be 15-20mins longer. If I can get folk to share I'd say taxi is best though. It's only an hour.

If you are coming into Weeze itself have a look at the train. Takes about 1hr 50m. For some reason you can't do that journey in reverse, hence the taxi.

@Ray Von I'm doing this one solo.

I'm going from Dusseldorf itself on Tuesday lads so it's just a train from there. They are pretty regular and only £22

For the Thursday I found an online taxi company that were able to quote a fixed price of €125 to Weeze. Not too bad if split between 3/4 of us.

As said further up there is also an option of getting a train from Eindhoven to Venlo which is £10. Then get a taxi from there (25 miles) . I've contacted one of the airport firms so will let you know. If I'm on my own I'll likely do this to save a bit of cash as it will only be 15-20mins longer. If I can get folk to share I'd say taxi is best though. It's only an hour.

If you are coming into Weeze itself have a look at the train. Takes about 1hr 50m. For some reason you can't do that journey in reverse, hence the taxi.

I'm going myself too but flying into Amsterdam on the Tuesday then back from weeze on the Thursday to Edinburgh so happy to share.

Trains to venlo are very regular but I don't know how much it saves going by the taxi link that I posted above.

According to the DB website it is possible to get to the airport leaving at 8.19 but takes 3 and a half hours or more so taxi is a better option.

Let me know how you get on and we can arrange something if you want

Cheers CD

Hopefully find out today if that's the route we are using. Would be 2 of us looking to share if we are

Surely Rangers open up registration today, can’t see a reason why it’s not already been done
I’ll predict that registration opens today, with deadline being Sunday morning and we find out on Monday/Tuesday.

At least, I hope that’s what it’ll be.

I'm going myself too but flying into Amsterdam on the Tuesday then back from weeze on the Thursday to Edinburgh so happy to share.

Trains to venlo are very regular but I don't know how much it saves going by the taxi link that I posted above.

According to the DB website it is possible to get to the airport leaving at 8.19 but takes 3 and a half hours or more so taxi is a better option.

Let me know how you get on and we can arrange something if you want
Cheers CD

Hopefully find out today if that's the route we are using. Would be 2 of us looking to share if we are

Magic mate.

Das we can arrange to share regardless. If GO and his buddy are joining us, then all the better.

Glasgow - Amsterdam Tuesday, overnight in The Dam. Train to Eindhoven on the Wednesday morning, staying there overnight then return Amsterdam - Glasgow Thursday night.

Can't wait for what will be a great few days!! :))

Reactions: SSR
I’ll predict that registration opens today, with deadline being Sunday morning and we find out on Monday/Tuesday.

At least, I hope that’s what it’ll be.
Just of the phone to CTM and they are still in talks with the club( s ) however something should be arranged for today ( this evening ).

I said £569 previously but I think it'll be higher than that now, might even be close to £700
Im thinking it’ll be less than the £700 for USG but still be north of £650

I’ll go £675 including ticket. They’ll get enough people registering, whether people will pay it is another matter

Last edited by a moderator:
My itenery is Monday - Thursday
Gla > Amsterdam 18:45 then overnight Amsterdam city centre

Tuesday flixbus 13:45 to Eindhoven

Tuesday overnight and Wednesday overnight Eindhoven

Thursday bus then train 07:12 - 09:11 to airport

EasyJet Amsterdam to glasgow 12:35

Anyone doing similar and wants to meet up or share Ubers or company along the way etc then let me know. Doing it solo at the moment.

My itenery is Monday - Thursday
Gla > Amsterdam 18:45 then overnight Amsterdam city centre

Tuesday flixbus 13:45 to Eindhoven

Tuesday overnight and Wednesday overnight Eindhoven

Thursday bus then train 07:12 - 09:11 to airport

EasyJet Amsterdam to glasgow 12:35

Anyone doing similar and wants to meet up or share Ubers or company along the way etc then let me know. Doing it solo at the moment.
Where are you staying in Eindhoven?

Email from CTM offering priority for the match in Eindhoven. Have until midnight on Sunday to secure place.

This will ruffle a few feathers B-)

Lot for a day trip but not unexpected

Do like the 16.59 email, press the button and run technique

Used it many times myself,

Bit confused with the email though

“Following feedback gathered in the fans focus groups, tickets for this match will be distributed via a "top-down" method whereby tickets and flight packages will be offered to MyGers Members based on the number of MyGers points they have.“

Thought official flight was prioritised for those who had booked the union flight

“Following feedback gathered in the fans focus groups, tickets for this match will be distributed via a "top-down" method whereby tickets and flight packages will be offered to MyGers Members based on the number of MyGers points they have”

Hahahahaha

Why even put that on the email when they’ve given seats to silver/bronze as an apology for USG which wasn’t even CTMs fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back