Rabbi Matondo

Arlo

“No better than Sakala”

Boy is real quality and has been slaughtered on here for his 1st leg performance in the CL when he was nursing a hamstring tear and written off after 3 appearances as no better than Sakala.

Boy shone today and is going to be a star. It says a lot when we didn’t miss Kent at all today. Rabbi will give us something special on the right, equal to what Kent does on the left.

His assist was quality, having the calm head to get his head up and pick the pass rather than thrash it, something we miss occasionally from others.

A fully firing front line of

Morelos
Kent, Lawrence, Tillman, Matondo

Would be something truly to behold.

That’s forgetting the fringe attacking options who have stood up, such as Colak. We will destroy a lot of teams this season.

Last edited:
I thought he was excellent at times, great first touch and rapid, sadly he had to wait for others to catch up at one point, but he is a dangerous player, and had end product. His slide for Čolak to score was tenacious, not many wide men make the extra effort like that, they normally stop if the defender gets to it.

He’s still a bit raw and inconsistent but when he’s on form then you can see the boy has ability.

I think we’ll probably get quite frustrated with him at times this season and we won’t see the best of him (consistently) until next season.

He’s going to be an excellent weapon to have in European away games.

He will get better and better with match sharpness. Only a kid. Still learning the team. Happy with his performance today. Didn't stop trying.

Starting to come on to a game, looking forward to seeing more of him. Could do with Tillman upping his fitness though to last more than 65 mins.

Grew stronger as the game went on. Finished the game very impressively after little impression in the first half.

Ability to find space in a low block was promising. An end product puts him ahead of Wright as well

Seemed a little bit confused in the first half but even then he was taking men on and trying things. Really came onto a game in the 2nd half. Was even doing defensive work too which was a huge relief as that's one of the things we have to teach younger players. Dangerous player and a great asset for us on either wing

Not quite settled yet, but today should do him the world of good.

He seems to be a confidence player, which surprises me a little. Although since he is a winger, I shouldn't be shocked. He could be a frustrating one, much like Kent. There will be days when things come off for him, and days when they don't.

He got better the longer the game went on today. Lovely assist for Colak's goal. Showed real fight and tenacity to win the ball.

Will take time to settle and grow into his new surroundings. When he does there will be more consistency and more goals.

Will be a good signing.

Highlights that maybe people should be a bit more patient rather than sharpening the knives after one poor performance.
Follow follow is full of reactionists, mate. Nobody is allowed a poor pass, or poor game.

Matondo was okay first half - and much improved in the second half. With our fitness, and constant movement of the ball, we will steam roller most teams in the second half - fans have to show patience.

Rabbi Tillman or Borna MOTM for me.

He must be an absolute nightmare for defenders to play against because he never stops. Pace kills and when the boy puts the afterburners on theres no catching him.

He reminds me of a right sided Lovenkrands.

He nearly scored a screamer with that one the cannoned off the cross bar from outside the box.

Good game from him today. He's very raw but runs about well and can be a nuiscance. Let's hope for more of today but he needs coaching. More poor games than good so far but he's still young

Poor first half, except second half.

I thought the team selection was an issue in the first half. Borna sitting on top of Matondo and Tav on top of Wright. Borna dropped a bit in 2nd and Matondo used the extra space well. Tav’s never dropping, so Wright moved inside a bit. Problem for Wright is that he was then playing in a space better suited for Arfield.

I thought Arfield or Lawrence starting instead of Wright would have been a better option.

Showed up really well today, personally thought he was motm. His runs in behind were very good. Need our players to get there head up more often because he was in behind them all game.

Had some good moments in game, especially second half.

Would have liked him to have made most of his pace and go on outside of full back a few more times, as was a bit obvious coming inside all the time. Beat him easy on outside when he tried it.

But happy with his performance overall!

Grew into the game the more it went on good use of the ball takes players on always looks creative and can mix it up a bit.

He will only get better under the management.

He’ll score goals and assist just like Lawrence and Čolak will. That’s been the opinion of many since they were linked and signed.

Funnily enough we had a Cardiff City ST holder with us today. Lad loves Matondo and said they were linked with Lawrence early pre-season.

No surprise Lawrence, Matondo and Čolak along with most players are getting stronger and better as the season continues.

His stats last season were like the opposite of Kent's, goal heavy, poor assists. I was concerned he was either a greedy B in front of goal, shi** at setting up chances, or lacked composure.

I've seen enough this season already not to worry, his goal contributions will be impressive.

He's a quality player that will have his ups and downs like most. He'll be a big player for us, both in the league and Europe.

Assist stats are pointless. Player could skin 5 players, cut the ball back to his striker who guns it wide from 5 yards.

Stick on assist notched off by another player failing to do their job.

Reactions: TN8
Assist stats are pointless. Player could skin 5 players, cut the ball back to his striker who guns it wide from 5 yards.

Stick on assist notched off by another player failing to do their job.

I half agree with you, there was a goal last year that Alfie scored from a Tav pass, however it was Hagi at the halfway line playing the ball to Tav that opened it all up.

However, if a player does have a high assist rate it gives you an idea of their contribution.

He came onto a game in the last half hour today, but if truth be told he was poor up until then and almost gifted them a goal. Last half hour form is what's required more often.

Got to agree, the lad was pretty poor especially the first half but last half hour of the game he came onto a game .

Looks like he'll be a major weapon for us this season. His acceleration is ridiculous.

Back