Colak the New Boyd?

I thought his overall play was good and he more than earned his goal but there is no question if we give him chances he will get a good number of goals.
His chance conversion has been excellent and bear in mind he’s still getting to know his teammates and vice Versa

Reminds me of Kris!
Only scores goals which,of course, is his job!
A proper old-fashioned striker who is lethal between the opposition goalposts!
I don't think that for a second.
The only criticism I have of him is he isn't Alfredo Morelos outside the box.
Half as involved as Alfie, 10 x more involved than Boydie.

I can see him being the natural replacement for Defoe. Won’t start every game but is a clinical finisher that will get 15-20 goals
Not at all like Defoe ffs.

Much closer to Boyd. Knows where the net is but isn't going to do much outside the box.

He’s very different to Boyd but he does have Boyd’s knack of being in the right place at the right time. Uncoachable instinct.
This.

Seen a previous poster trying to say he's lucky or some BS because he's always in the right place.

Clearly doesn't have a clue about football or at least positional awareness!

3 goals in three games. I'd say the starting shirt is his right now, at least until Alfredo gets back up to speed.

Not sure of the Boyd comparison though. I don't recall Boyd ever turning on a sixpence like Colak did today.

Werent most of Boyd's goals from within the 8yrd box? :cool:

Nope, not as good a finisher (though Colak can certainly finish) but works much harder. Not alike at all really.

Nope, not as good a finisher (though Colak can certainly finish) but works much harder. Not alike at all really.
Not really sure how that could be said in terms of his finishing at this point. Still getting to know our game and settling in.

Last edited:
3 goals in three games. I'd say the starting shirt is his right now, at least until Alfredo gets back up to speed.

Not sure of the Boyd comparison though. I don't recall Boyd ever turning on a sixpence like Colak did today.

Werent most of Boyd's goals from within the 8yrd box? :cool:
I actually hope we don’t operate a ‘shirts is his‘ policy when Alfie is fit. I would rather see that in any game where we need our striker to hold play and get us up the field then Alfie is the man. However in any game where the opposition is most likely going to siege defend, or be pushed back constantly by us at Ibrox like today, then Colak would be my choice. I actually think he will do better than Alfie in games at Ibrox like today’s. However in games where the opposition push up on us or just about any game in Europe then Alfie is the man.

Has similar instincts for finding the right positions in the box but has a better first touch and does so much more out of possession.

Saying that, I'd be very pleased if he ends up with a goalscoring record like Boyd's in his first spell.

He doesn't have great link up or movement but if he gets the chance he'll score, especially against teams like today. You can't ask much more from him. He did his job today.

Big colak knows where the old onion bag is.
He will score plenty .

But a tad early for comparisons to the SPFL top goalscorer.

Very similar.

Give Colak chances (even half chances) and he'll score goals.

Hes want we've been missing for a good few years.. a good reliable goal scorer that will bury the diddy teams.

Big fan.

I think the comparison with Boyd is quite accurate tbh. I don’t think they have similar styles but I think their role in the team/squad is very similar.

Colak will score us 20+ league goals this season, which is something I’ve been saying we need for a while now.

Morelos will still be our first choice (and best) striker though, especially in Europe.

He’s arguably cementing his place in the team at the moment. Alfie will need to fight for the jersey and that’s the way it should be. Competition for the place will hopefully mean they both bang in plenty of goals this season.

This thread just smacks of posters desperately to back on their ridiculously early impressions of him, & so trying to now compare him to Boyd because that's not as much as a climb down.

Many people on here weren't even willing to give the guy a chance, and this was based on one thing only: he isn't Morelos. Morelos might do more work outside the box, but Colak is undoubtedly a better finisher.

Unfair.

I’m a big Morelos fan & have been 100% behind Colak.

He’s improving his all round game clearly, and his finishing is lethal.

Back