Sportscene

His basic argument seemed to be “won’t someone think of the the children!” - were denying youngsters a chance

Leon King got minutes today though…

If the young players arent good enough they wont play, its that simple.

We wont jeopardise the short term success in the off chance we unearth a few gems, us fans wont allow it.

From the current crop you would realistically be giving King, McCann and Lowry more minutes than last season.

As per post #26. It doesn’t matter if it goes backwards these days. Colak is in an offside position, as per the rules, when it’s played. Therefore as soon as he becomes involved in active play it’s an offence.
Thanks. Every day is school day.
Looks like we got away with one HOWEVER, he boots Matondo after he plays the ball. Stonewall penalty :)

Just joking but he actually does.

It seems a bit strange to me that certain "bears" are arguing vociferously that Colak's goal was offside!
It might very well be that we "got away with one" or indeed it might have been the right call but it didn't win us a title or a cup like some of the outrageous decisions that have gone against us and REALLY cost us!

It seems a bit strange to me that certain "bears" are arguing vociferously that Colak's goal was offside!
It might very well be that we "got away with one" or indeed it might have been the right call but it didn't win us a title or a cup like some of the outrageous decisions that have gone against us and REALLY cost us!
The inverted commas are strange. As if you're not a real fan for calling a spade a spade.

It was offside. No point in us trying to pretend otherwise. Leave that sort of stuff to the dark side. It made no difference to the outcome as we’d have strolled it regardless.

Colak must be wondering what’s he’s come to. Gets a good goal disallowed for offside at Livi then a fortnight later an offside goal gets given. Some place Scotland.

It was offside. No point in us trying to pretend otherwise. Leave that sort of stuff to the dark side. It made no difference to the outcome as we’d have strolled it regardless.

Colak must be wondering what’s he’s come to. Gets a good goal disallowed for offside at Livi then a fortnight later an offside goal gets given. Some place Scotland.
I reckon the current players advise how poor the officiating is. Perhaps they are prewarned prior to signing so there's no surprises?

ball goes backwards

giphy.gif
looks like the ball was played back the way

ball goes backwards

giphy.gif
Thanks for posting this, first I've seen it back. I actually think he's onside looking closely at that. Follow the cut of the grass and don't just look at how far in front of the others that angle makes him out to be, and you see the defender marking Matondo has his foot pulled right back in an attempt to clear the ball just as Matondo gets his foot on it. It's extremely close, but I genuinely think he's playing him on.

Linesman on the Govan side was incompetent so no issue with getting the rub of the green on this one if in fact Colak was off.

Any time we get a refereeing decision go against us, the pundits to a man say 'these things even out over a season'.
In regards to Colak, it evened out over a few games .
Dry their eyes and move on.

Some utter gibberish in this thread.

He was in an offside position.

He was due a bit of luck.

Matondo didn't exactly pass it but tackled the defender.

It was a tough call for the officials and VAR would have binned it bit allowed the livvy one.
Was there not a rule that state that if it’s not an intended pass then the player in an offside position isn’t offside. Mute point anyway, it was a brilliantly taking goal.

Thanks for posting this, first I've seen it back. I actually think he's onside looking closely at that. Follow the cut of the grass and don't just look at how far in front of the others that angle makes him out to be, and you see the defender marking Matondo has his foot pulled right back in an attempt to clear the ball just as Matondo gets his foot on it. It's extremely close, but I genuinely think he's playing him on.
I wish it was true but it's not.

He's a mile offside. But, it seems no one actually knew the rule except for a few on here.

Looking at the Kerryfail to see if they are going Tonto, but nope. They don't even really mention our second goal. That will change if they are still 3 points behind by the end of tomorrow.

It's one of those things

The guy also never gave offside here and St Johnstone got a wee break where they might have done some damage.

giphy.gif

Back