The Louden today

The Louden really is ridiculous firstly it was the blue pound, then the grey pound and then the Australian pound, now it's the water pound. What next for this establishment? Shut it down I say.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

They are not changing their tune! The point on Ibrox was that they should make water readily available for fans, not that fans should be able to carry in when they want. I am 99.999999% sure that water would have been quickly available to you inside the pub and that their policy is not around bringing in bottles of water, but bringing in bottles of clear liquid that in reality they have no idea what it is. It is standard procedure and there is nothing unusual here other than your expectation that you would stroll in there with a bottle!
Go read the thread! I know what was said/meant regarding being able to take in your “own water”.

Incidentally I personally thought it was a load of Drama Queens being over dramatic for the exact reason that if they were thirsty they could go buy a drink at the kiosk…..just like every other match and to stop being wet wipes.

But the overriding theme was being able or allowed to take in your own water.

All I can say about the terrible comments about me on this thread is that the rest of the Admin team obviously still haven't gotten over my runaway victory in the "Who's the Best Admin" poll, to which I can only reply "Get it up ye, ya bunch of c*nts!" :D
Indeed.

You should award yourself a sheriff's badge as an avatar in recognition imo.

Where do you even start with this, so you want to go into a pub with a container of liquid that may or not is water?
You are so thirsty that you decided to give up your bottle with the liquid in it, so you could go and queue for another liquid?
Why didn't you go to the toilet where water is free to drink?
Maybe you could ask the doorman if you could be treated differently from everyone else in the pub.
We give out bottles of water free to mostly kids to stop them from dehydrating. This has got to be the most ridiculous complaint we or any other pub have had levelled against us.
Hope you never ate any of the food on offer as it may have made you even thirstier.
I'm not even sure if you are serious
I only got 2 pies again! It's becoming a habit now! I reckon you should be shut down for the fact I got what I ordered and had to hold said drinks maself! In this day and age I expect better. OP I am totally on your side, 15 mins of dehydration wondering whether I should have water, sex on the beach, a pint of lager or anything wet made me so angry I ordered them all bursts my asshole! Happy Sunday and good luck Killie.

I was in and Alan McLaren stoats in. He helped himself to my free grub, abruptly snatched my beer out of my hand, grabbed my baws and then said in my ear in a rather aggresive tone " wit ye gonnae dae aboot it ya pr1ck" . I complained to a member of staff but was told Alan does wit he wants when he wants!
I was left rather shaken and won't be back.

Took a Man Utd fan in at opening 1pmish on day of seville

In his words as the hordes poured into beer garden

“Ive never seen anything this”

Spent the next 4 hours in awe and was made very very welcome (was obvious he wasn’t a bear when not singing and being 6ft 7”)

Had to drag him out to join the sash bash we were booked into

Still talks about it now (he’s followed Utd for 40 years)

Tried to get into the Louden today carrying a small bottle of water due to the heat. The doormen said we weren’t allowed in with it, and if we wanted wanted we’d need to go to the bar (the place was absolutely rammed at this point and it ended up all bottle of water due to

Tried to get into the Louden today carrying a small bottle of water due to the heat. The doormen said we weren’t allowed in with it, and if we wanted wanted we’d need to go to the bar (the place was absolutely rammed at this point and it ended up taking about 15 mins to get served).

Utterly braindead given what happened in Seville.
If you ain't happy , I can recommend the Auctioneers , great pub , great atmosphere, great food and you can bring the family ...

Tried to get into the Louden today carrying a small bottle of water due to the heat. The doormen said we weren’t allowed in with it, and if we wanted wanted we’d need to go to the bar (the place was absolutely rammed at this point and it ended up taking about 15 mins to get served).

Sorry for your loss TJ72

As someone who personally went over 2 hours without any liquid passing my mouth in Seville, I find the comparisons a tad unrealistic.

It’s a bar that isn’t going to let folk have a free-for-all on taking their own drinks in. Get over it and buy a drink when you get in. If you haven’t died of heat exhaustion in the meantime, of course.

Last edited:
Took a Man Utd fan in at opening 1pmish on day of seville

In his words as the hordes poured into beer garden

“Ive never seen anything this”

Spent the next 4 hours in awe and was made very very welcome (was obvious he wasn’t a bear when not singing and being 6ft 7”)

Had to drag him out to join the sash bash we were booked into

Still talks about it now (he’s followed Utd for 40 years)
It was only in May.

What a nonsense comparing to Seville.

It’s pretty standard that food and drink not purchased on premises cannot be brought into most hospitality venues.

Can’t think of a single time I’ve waited as long as 15 minutes in there, longest time possibly Dortmund last year…

If you’d asked for a glass of tap water I’m sure you would’ve been catered for.

Did you enjoy a free roll / pie / hot dog?

Moaning about nothing here.

What a nonsense comparing to Seville.

It’s pretty standard that food and drink not purchased on premises cannot be brought into most hospitality venues.

Can’t think of a single time I’ve waited as long as 15 minutes in there, longest time possibly Dortmund last year…

If you’d asked for a glass of tap water I’m sure you would’ve been catered for.

Did you enjoy a free roll / pie / hot dog?

Moaning about nothing here.
There’s also burger vans and shops about 5 yards away with water haha.

No way it took 15 min to get served at the bar…no longer than a few min with the amount bar staff on…

No way it took 15 min to get served at the bar…no longer than a few min with the amount bar staff on…
Think we now know what the OP’s username initials mean. Talking Jobby.

Even at home to Leipzig, busiest the pubs ever been in all my times visiting, was shy of 10 minutes waiting at the beer garden bars

Funny, if anyone decided to mock the rest of the Rangers fans who went an hour without in Seville, they wouldn't last long.
You are a headcase if you are comparing this to Seville, he choose not to drink his 'water', in Seville we never got a chance to buy any in the stadium, coupled with the fact it took about an hour to get into the ground plus over two hours during the game
The Op is obviously at it, any excuse to have a go at The Louden

Then got served by a nice looking dark haired lassie within 5 mins. Could quibble at a £5 for Strapromen but all in all pub right next to Stadium seĺling cool beer?
£5 for Staropramen is not expensive, given the proximity to the Stadium, I think most people who have been to other Venues next to Grounds or Concerts would say it is very reasonable
Any profits we make have been reinvested in The Louden

Then got served by a nice looking dark haired lassie within 5 mins. Could quibble at a £5 for Strapromen but all in all pub right next to Stadium seĺling cool beer?
Other cheaper drinks are available.
Premium beer. Premium price.
It's my go to pint in there and have to say a fiver is more than acceptable.

£5 for Staropramen is not expensive, given the proximity to the Stadium, I think most people who have been to other Venues next to Grounds or Concerts would say it is very reasonable
Any profits we make have been reinvested in The Louden
My local is about 4 pound for a standard pint so a fiver for a more premium pint next to a football stadium is more then decent

I take it you’re carer has put you up to starting this thread, re read your op and if you’re not embarrassed by it I would be shocked

You are a headcase if you are comparing this to Seville, he choose not to drink his 'water', in Seville we never got a chance to buy any in the stadium, coupled with the fact it took about an hour to get into the ground plus over two hours during the game
The Op is obviously at it, any excuse to have a go at The Louden
Were you there?
I got water at half time from the taps.
Most bears chose to dehydrate themselves with 20 pints during the day in Seville.
Could have drunk water all day and not been dehydrated. They chose not to.
Could have left the stadium at any moment, popped to any of 50 shops and bars selling water.

See.

What were tears and mock outrage and the same xenophobia that the Spanish police get criticised by us for, is now trolling a guy wanting his water. I find that ironic.

The OP might be at it, you have the perfect platform here to reply to him. Tell him if the bouncers were acting on your orders or if you have told them that it could have been handled differently.

As many people as probably do post shit to have a dig at the louden.
Be safe in the knowledge that anytime that happens, at least 10 more will be along to belittle and abuse them knowing they'll get away with it.

He may or may

Were you there?
I got water at half time from the taps.
Most bears chose to dehydrate themselves with 20 pints during the day in Seville.
Could have drunk water all day and not been dehydrated. They chose not to.
Could have left the stadium at any moment, popped to any of 50 shops and bars selling water.

See.

What were tears and mock outrage and the same xenophobia that the Spanish police get criticised by us for, is now trolling a guy wanting his water. I find that ironic.

The OP might be at it, you have the perfect platform here to reply to him. Tell him if the bouncers were acting on your orders or if you have told them that it could have been handled differently.

As many people as probably do post shit to have a dig at the louden.
Be safe in the knowledge that anytime that happens, at least 10 more will be along to belittle and abuse them knowing they'll get away with it.

He may or may

“Could have left the stadium”

Dearie me!

:D

An hour?

Not sure what final you watched.
The one where I drank water at half time in the stadium.
The one where everyone who wanted water at half time and thereafter, had access to it, if they wanted it. Sure, if wasn't highland spring mineral water for the sweethearts amongst us who can't drink tap water. Ooohhhhhh.

Last edited:
Back