Derek McInnes against Celtic

A shit manager in charge of shit teams will have a shit record against any team especially the team their shitty support and team lie down to and let them shit all over them.
In summary. He's most definitely a shit.
You’re talking shit ……….

The likelihood of a shock result up here involving the filth seems to diminish more and more. Its not as though they have great players or coaching staff so we have to assume other managers and teams have no real belief in themselves. And most sides certainly don't bust a gutat any point during most games.

We definitely dodged a bullet by not appointing DM as our manager. He’s a media darling up here in Scotland but he continually shats the bed against the scummy filth. His record outside Scotland isn’t too inspiring either, just ask any Bristol City supporter!

As far as I can make out his record is goals approx 25 for and 70 against in the league
One of his wins was the last day of the season to push us to 3rd. They won 0-1 at the chamber and that was after a combined 8-0 agg in the previous 3 games.

Sure the OF tend to walk over some teams but this guy is regarded as a top manger and as already pointed out, could easily have been ours. Terrifying.
If this little shitebag had become Rangers manager i and many many others would have given up season tickets and thats why he was not offered the job i believe.

Trawled their wikipedia season pages for the results

Overall, this is McInnes' record with St Johnstone, the Sheep and now Killie in all competitions:

P43 W5 D2 L36 F29 A105

The wins have been 2 at home (both in 15/16 season), 2 away (2014 in the Scottish Cup and last day of the 2017-18 season), and the draws were one away in 2018/19 season and one at home in 2020/21 season.

By comparison, his record against us as a manager:

P31 W6 D5 L20 F24 A61

Last edited:
When you compare it to the likes what of wee Davie at Livingston has done, it really is atrocious.

Livingston have far less resources than the the Sheep had under McInnes yet perform well against the filth.

It's a slightly better record than that, but in context it's utterly shambolic.

So his overall record in all competitions is Played 42, Won 5, Drawn 2, Lost 35. A win % of 11%.

However, that doesn't paint the whole picture.

Firstly, it includes the time where they gave him a win to make sure Aberdeen finished above us in the table, take that out and the win % drops below 10%. Secondly, most of their wins against Celtic were when they had that Norwegian substitute teacher in charge. Finally, two draws out of 42 matches. Pathetic.

It is this nation’s approach to coaching and the approach to football, and McInnes is the stereotypical out dated manager type of this. “We don’t have the budget to compete” - we see teams with similar budgets to our diddy clubs beating us, Celtic and lesser budgets humiliating Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hibs in recent years.

Archaic coaching. Negativity, try and draw but once it goes 1-0 there is rarely a change of thought or ambition.

Physique over talent in every position. No chance of taking a gamble, you cannot say there is one team that is good to watch or a player in the league that is genuinely exciting outside of Glasgow.

It's a slightly better record than that, but in context it's utterly shambolic.

So his overall record in all competitions is Played 44, Won 5, Drawn 2, Lost 37. A win % of just over 11%.

However, that doesn't paint the whole picture.

Firstly, it includes the time where they gave him a win to make sure Aberdeen finished above us in the table, take that out and the win % drops below 9%. Secondly, most of their wins against Celtic were when they had that Norwegian substitute teacher in charge. Finally, two draws out of 44 matches. Pathetic.

1 win since Rodgers became their manager which is the one Celtic handed to him on a plate to put us in 3rd.

His comment after the game today was

“We’re not ready to take on Celtic yet”

I’m sure the next 2 times you meet will be any different
Almost as bad as McGhee’s “ I told the players it was okay to lose to ra Sellik today!”

He is not the issue. It's often the players. The majority of them that don't see Celtic as big a match for them.... Aberdeen, Dundee United- it's all they dream off. If they %^*& us over in any way there ambitions are met. They just don't feel that hatred to the Tim's and yet will run over there mother to put in a performance against us

When your the biggest and best show in town everyone wants to beat you, everyone hates you. When you play us if your at say Ross County we are the shop window and have always been that team the majority of teams and players know the games against us they can forge a name, bigger move or a career highlight from. The factors that lead to these efforts by the teams we face on home front are not new and we should still be equipped and set up to face this challenge week in week out.

I'm sure his first win against them with Aberdeen was against Ronny Roar and put them top of the league in January. Only for them to completely bottle it.

Other one was a gift so they could finish above us. Which achieved nothing more than allowing your standard crusty auld Celtic da to ponse about describing Aberdeen as the second best team in Scotland. This then lead to the even more tragic trend of them visiting high up places and posting videos saying they can't see the Rangers coming.

Wonder if McInnes listens to the abuse he gets and thinks if shitting the bed and pandering to them has been worth it.

Let's be honest if he had a better record against the beggars,the sheep sh@gging supporters would probably have wanted him out the door long before he actually left the cnuts. They've no interest in beating them only beating us.

I'd forgotten about that one.
Tried to cheat to manipulate the Europa seedings, but the sheep ended up drawing Burnley and we made the group stages!
And if I remember correctly,we actually scored financially because we had to play an extra qualifier

The full house at Ibrox generated more cash than what we would have received for finishing second.

The likelihood of a shock result up here involving the filth seems to diminish more and more. Its not as though they have great players or coaching staff so we have to assume other managers and teams have no real belief in themselves. And most sides certainly don't bust a gutat any point during most games.

The jobbers are beat before a ball is kicked against them.

I thought the failed ten season would change that, but it hasn’t.

He is not the issue. It's often the players. The majority of them that don't see Celtic as big a match for them.... Aberdeen, Dundee United- it's all they dream off. If they %^*& us over in any way there ambitions are met. They just don't feel that hatred to the Tim's and yet will run over there mother to put in a performance against us

When your the biggest and best show in town everyone wants to beat you, everyone hates you. When you play us if your at say Ross County we are the shop window and have always been that team the majority of teams and players know the games against us they can forge a name, bigger move or a career highlight from. The factors that lead to these efforts by the teams we face on home front are not new and we should still be equipped and set up to face this challenge week in week out.
I think this is closer to the problem.

For as long as I've been watching football (1970's), known Celtic fans or ex-players have bust a gut against us and rolled over for their heroes. It's in their DNA.

Conversely, known Bears or ex-Gers bust a gut against us AND them (think Bomber Brown as the epitome.) That's in their DNA.

Amongst managers, only Davie Martindale at Livi has a decent record against them but only a rabid Tim could detect any lack of effort against us.

(Only Sir Walter had their number for a significant period of time - I can't remember him ever losing a truly meaningful game against them apart from two in 2007/8 where corrupt refereeing tipped the scale.)

He doesn’t possess the best of records against them as a manager does he?

I read on Twitter he as won twice in 44 games? Anyone confirm if that’s accurate?
I remember, when McInnes was Aberdeen manager, not being able to square how they could play against us as if their lives depended upon it - and then consistently flop against Celtic. It got to the stage where I was starting to wonder about McInnes. Aberdeen of course don't like us, for all the good it does them, but I started to wonder if McInnes also had a chip on his shoulder about Rangers?

Like one tim
He basically told his players yesterday that celtic were too good for them. No wonder they got pumped.
Like one time before when asked after celtic pumped his aberdeen team what he felt they could have done differently and he replied that thre was nothing they could have done, such was the quality of the opposition.

Media darling that's portrayed as a good young Scottish manager.
David Martingdale has not been around as long and operated on a fraction of the resources McInnes has had available and gets right under the tims skin with results against them.
DM is a fraud.

Which DM mate ?

:)

This may sound silly, but I hate Derek McInnes.
I cant hate him, dont even dislike him particularly. I think deep down he is actually still a Rangers man. He does get on my tits though with regards to appearing to put the fear of god into his own team when he comes up against celtic. Maybe he isnt like that in reality but thats the way it can come across.

I cant hate him, dont even dislike him particularly. I think deep down he is actually still a Rangers man. He does get on my tits though with regards to appearing to put the fear of god into his own team when he comes up against celtic. Maybe he isnt like that in reality but thats the way it can come across.
He comes across as a complete coward. The day before Aberdeen played Entity FC in the league cup final he gave a television interview where he said Aberdeen’s only chance to win what was a one off game is if that mob had an off day.

He comes across as a complete coward. The day before Aberdeen played Entity FC in the league cup final he gave a television interview where he said Aberdeen’s only chance to win what was a one off game is if that mob had an off day.
I agree, he shouldnt be coming away with that even if its probably true. To be fair to him today he has a had a go at his team, saying they were rank rotten defensively which was spot on.

The one when they needed a win to stop us finishing second, and the scum were happy enough with that, will be half of that total.

One of the most obvious "thrown" results in Scottish football.

Funnily enough, another was their 0-3 loss to Hearts at the end of the 2005-06 season which yep, stopped us being 2nd and getting to the Champions league.

Both stank of gamesmanship but were never brought up.

Guy is an absolute loser. We dodged a bullet big time when we didn't get him.
realistically speaking I think he would have been a plan Z choice was never going to be anywhere near good enough.
Looking at what happened how bad must you be to lose a job to someone with little to no experience?

Absolute sh!t manager.

It is folk like him holding Scottish football back, honestly what has McInnes, the likes of Jack Ross, Jim Goodwin done to justify continually getting manager gigs.

Hopefully hell fail at Killjoynock and he won't get another gig in Scotland
I honestly thought it was a disgrace when I saw him in gantry doing our games

Back