MOTM Poll Rangers v PSV Eindhoven - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough one going over there now to get a draw even to take it to extra time. They’re a good side. Goldson needs a fucking shake he’s been poor since the start of the season. Not over yet but it’s gonna need a monumental effort to go through.

I just don’t understand why Morelos is still on the bench Colak has surely ran his race, Kent should be subbed off for Matondo I mean does he realise he has 5 subs, come on Gio should be twisting here instead of sticking

Colak looked like he could play a further 90 mins. He was fresh as %^*& at the end,

Very poor second half when PSV dominated the ball. Cleverly killed any momentum from us in the first few minutes of the second half by 'spoiling' the game then taking control.

Two wingers for PSV are going to give us problems over there.

Personally I'd have brought Jack and Matondo on, as I didn't see any point in taking off Colak for an unfit Morelos. For Davis and Tillman at that stage.

Thought Goldson was unlucky at the first goal - left with an awkwardly low header after Tillman missed the ball and then saw it bounce off both Lundstram and Tav. Second was a towering effort by the centre-back to be fair. Not Goldsons finest game but I won't be scapegoating him. Tav almost threw it all away when he let the winger get in behind him late on.

Last edited:
I felt Goldson was very poor tonight.

It's all very well pinging decent diagonals, but when he was asked to defend one on one tonight he was left wanting.

Megged which could easily have led to a goal then didnt even get off the ground when he was out jumped for the equaliser.

We should have won this defensive lapses at the corners have cost us badly, can only think Morelos wasn’t risked because of the conditions, concern is this is a much better result for them, we’ve been poor away in Europe for a few matches last season and this one and with their fans they’ll make it a cauldron, I just hope we turn up and don’t get spooked like the scumdome debacle

Midfield was once again overrun once they pressed up the park - we don't have a midfielder who can link defence to attack and end up either playing it about at the back or launching it.

Kamara should be absolutely embarrassed with his contribution tonight - goes on at 2-1 to try and give us a bit of energy and played hide and seek or passed the ball 2 yards behind him. He's finished for us.

The manager needs to have a word with Goldson about defending set pieces. He really isn’t attacking the ball in the manner he used to and is a non negotiable. The second goal in particular was pityful.

Really difficult task now away to a very decent team, it’s very doable but Wright can be nowhere near any minutes to have a chance, he’s just not that level.

We be must have the smallest CHs in football, out with Goldson they all lack height and physicality. Sands looks really out of place as a CH and we will be targeted by every team.

Weird game that.

PSV the better team. Set pieces coming back to haunt us yet again.

Tillman, while getting into good positions with the ball kept making the wrong decisions.

Gio's subs baffling given how well Matondo played at the weekend and no Morelos??

Still in it, all to play for, but I must say I'm not confident of a victory at PSV. We need to be much better and it still might not be enough, they're a good side.

Was a good performance from the team against a quality side. We continue to let our self down when defending corners though. Their first goal was similar to the goals we conceded last year. Not over but we will need a Dortmund away like performance in Holland.

Barisic is far too negative again. He breaks down everything we could create when Kent isn’t right in front of him. I get bashed all the time for saying it, but he’s a massive flaw in our entire game.

I genuinely didn't see anything that Borna or the other FF whipping boy Sands done incorrect all game. Infact I thought they were solid enough

Don't understand Wright coming on at all - especially with Matondo on the bench. Feels like every time he plays in Europe he looks a bit out of his depth.

So frustrating to lose 2 goals from not defending corners - seems very familiar. Still reckon we can beat them over there though.

Sore one to take with how poor we were for their goals. Felt like we needed to win tonight to get through but we're better on the road in Europe than we're given credit for. We can absolutely do this next week.

I thought Kent and Barasic were a bit off it tonight, we didnt‘t really offer anything from the left.

Last edited:
Good first half, not so good second half. Still all to play for, theyre not great at the back.

I awate the FM kings telling us how GVB messed up the tactics and/or subs for thenext 24 hours.

Can’t complain. Played well in spells but not prolonged enough. Set pieces are going to kill us in games, even in SPFL. Goldson was so poor tonight. Subs were a non event, very bad decision making. A tough ask over there but still alive.

Honestly man please can we get someone like Davis back on the back post from now on? Could've avoided at least one of the goals even with Goldson's errors.

I fancy us next week if we press them from the get go.

We gave PSV far too much respect tonight. They are a decent side but I'll be gutted if we lose out to them. Our entire approach has to change next week. Its a cup final that we must win.

Probably a fair result. We could really have done with another months worth of football to get up to speed properly.

It's a big ask now going over there, I really felt we needed a win tonight to give us a chance. Theres always hope, and it can be done but we need the game of our lives.

Didn’t use enough subs. Looked tired.

We should have been throwing balls into the box at the end after the keeper fumbled it. Wasted a half dozen great chances to cross by fcking about.

Set pieces are our downfall again. We need to be defending them better especially at this level.

Overall it was a fairly even match, I think it’ll be quite cagey over there as welll. You could see both teams toward the end were worrying about being caught out.

I think Colak did well tonight but away from home in a big occasion is built for Alfie. We need a Dortmund level performance from him when he’s rag dolling their whole back line.

Back