MOTM Poll Rangers v PSV Eindhoven - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apart from their goals I thought we put a decent shift. Stayed in the game 2nd half when they were on top. Shocker from their keeper right enough. Goldson needs a kick in the baws. That’s 3 goals now that he has been directly to blame for me in Europe. Sadly Gio won’t drop him

Haven’t read the match thread.
My summary is Goldson gives me the fear this season.
2 corners and we are bullied to lose a goal.
No idea why we bring wright on instead of arfield.
Kamara does his usual passing back.
Why no Alfie for even 5/10 mins at the end?

Spent a fortune? They've spent £5m this season and £14m last season. Celtic have spent far more than them in recent years.

They were also in the conference league last season after finishing third in their Europa group.

We are good enough to beat them, we just didn't play at the level we're capable of tonight.
Weird shoehorning the scum into our game

I thought wee Davis was brilliant, looked to be the one whos footballing intelligence was going to turn a nothing situation into something with a cute ball round the corner or in behind, its a shame he doesnt have the legs for a consistent 90 as i really fancied us with him on the park

Gutted at losing the second. But you know what? It's a shitty night, I'd have been happy with a draw at the start of the evening.So Still am.

Big strong team. Shit defending at corners, least Connor could have done is jump. Steven Davis was class. Still got a chance though.

Controversial, but can we not just have the £40m and go into the Europa League as this team is way off Champions League level.

I thought PSV looked much more comfortable on the ball and we didn’t have any spark at all.

I know it’s a different era and everything but look at the difference in levels from the last time PSV played at Ibrox.

Last time PSV were at Ibrox, they won 1-0.

Another two soft goals given away from corners. Sometimes I wonder if it is really poor defending or are other teams and I include the crap in scotshit football much better than us at delivering set pieces. A bit of both probably. But until we get the defence sorted at these plays we will lose goals and especially in European games. Also were not very good at our own attacking set pieces. Needs improvement. But anyway we're still in this game and have a chance so onto next week. First let's best the Leith trash

Unfortunately there’s people on here that think we should be winning every game and there must be a reason/blame a player if we don’t. While a win would be great I’ll take a draw.

Solid performance, few lapses and rough second half but PSV are a decent outfit but they can be had. Give us them half way through a season and we would be winning that.

Bring it on

Was a good game to watch and a proper CL game played against a good team. Only goes to show how the odds are in favour of the big leagues. Tonight we seen 2 teams play at a level that would bring in TV audiences but due to the leagues we play in its looked down upon.

Think we can maybe get through but be a hard tie next week.

Two good teams but terrible defending from that corner cost us the lead on the night. Have to cut out silly mistakes giving them the ball. Need a Dortmund style away victory to get through. We’re capable but going to be tough. Really need to get in their faces and get our passing game going like the last twenty minutes of the first half. Play it like a home game. Said it was going to be a basketball score with one goal in it and I haven’t changed my opinion. Monaco showed that they concede at home and we’ve got to go there without fear. Poor subs, Morelos should have been on for the last fifteen. Hopefully Gio will find a way.

Scott Wright looked well out his depth there.
The fact is he shouldn't he has pace and skill it's down to timing and bad decision making! Time ending he had time to cross and chose not to! Someone needs to take him under their wing get to to train with speed and crossing? Nice to see changes in defending set pieces be it zonal man marking men on post whatever it takes and tall guys marking tall guys?

Ah well. Not a total disaster but we'll have to up the performance for next week. Especially defending corners.
We haven’t been good at defending corners for a very long time. First goal Goldson fucking stooped to head the ball off one of his own players, the second, he never got off the ground at all.
All the while, MacLaughlin standing watching making no effort to come off his line.
I thought he replaced McGregor for that reason. Seems not, so why bring him in?
He‘s nowhere near as good a shot stopper as McGregor.
Still time to address this. Pin ball panic, ball watching and a keeper rooted to the spot at corners is a long term problem. Time it was sorted.

Excellent first half. Lost our way second half. They targeted our full backs and got them playing in their own third . CF though a moaning prick gave Goldson a difficult night. Lawrence was motm for me but even he had a poor last 20.
Play like we did first half and we can still go through

Sounds like there is no point going over there then?

The game was fairly even. We have away two goals at corners and they threw one in the net.

It’ll be tough from here but we are still well in the tie

Nah we could just try and defend corners better, we could go back to being compact in Europe like we have been for the last few seasons and retain possession better.

That seems more sensible than not attending and having a 3-0 posted against us.

Still hopeful but will likely have to rest up a few at the weekend.

Not a fan of the short passing at the back all the time. We so often en uk giving cheap possession back to the opposition. It’s a poor a game passing wise Lundstram has had in a while.

Horrendous goals we lost.

Going to take something special next week.
Always the same at set pieces.Goldson (as usual) struggling,along with Tav.(as good as he is going forward,he really sucks defending)
Sands is a real find,everyone notice how Borno‘s game has really improved since Sands has played along side him.

We don’t need to spend £25m to get better than Calamity Goldson. It’s not just how many mistakes you make, it’s when you make them. UEL final and tonight, quite simply unforgivable snd not nearly good enough for the level we aspire to. He’s proved over multiple seasons he’s prone to this, he’s not going to get better at this stage of his career.
Exactly he’s making them in the big games where there’s more pressure and more difficulty. I agree point out his error but not overboard, I don’t see who we’d get to be better than him given budgets etc. yes he needs to be dropper/rotated at times like the other players but his 4 years here for the money he’s cost we can’t say he’s been bad as we’ve won a league with him and got to a European final. Fine margins mean we could’ve better that if he didn’t make mistakes but then Kent and Alfie have missed sitters do we get shot of them too?

Didn't turn up in the 2nd half at all 2nd goal was fortunate but their 2nd goal is really frustrating can get this zonal marking in the bin just causes trouble.

I don’t see how Wright was cowardly? He showed for the ball knocked it past the full back, made forward runs, pressed the ball. He might not be good enough but cowardly is nonsense.

Agreed being a bit harsh on Scott Wright but he’s just not good enough but Kamara seems to have the heart ripped out of him with his pals Bassey and Aribo going he probably thought he would’ve been away too.

I thought the subs didn't improve us, although Wright was considerably more visible than Kamara.

Their second goal was typical of the ones we routinely lose -- a high ball across the box and nobody in our defence seems able to jump for it.
Indeed, both of Goldson's feet were on the ground at all times there I suspect.
I keep getting told that we have defenders who are actually good in the air but I don't think any of them were present for that gift.

I'm not sure that the way we defend these crosses helps the aerially-limited defenders that we have -- having defenders on the line who can come out and "attack" the ball might help.

Has to be said that Colak is so enthusiastic for us -- closing down, linking up, putting himself about (cleverlly).
Lots of good signs.

Barisic put in a slightly better shift than he has done of late, but it's still not good enough either. He never takes on his man. All an opposing defender has to do is show him onto his weaker foot and it's a pass back every time.

why wright didnt have a shot when he was in the box , its slippy the keeper already had a howler , shoot , whats the worst that can happen ?

Controversial, but can we not just have the £40m and go into the Europa League as this team is way off Champions League level.

I thought PSV looked much more comfortable on the ball and we didn’t have any spark at all.

I know it’s a different era and everything but look at the difference in levels from the last time PSV played at Ibrox.
Was 1-0 to PSV last time.

Can't believe I voted Sands mom but he was superb,3 calamity goals and one of quality,kamara offered nothing but refreshing to see a decent game in comparison to the spfl ,also morelosnot to go on last 10 mins for me was a error

We haven’t been good at defending corners for a very long time. First goal Goldson fucking stooped to head the ball off one of his own players, the second, he never got off the ground at all.
All the while, MacLaughlin standing watching making no effort to come off his line.
I thought he replaced McGregor for that reason. Seems not, so why bring him in?
He‘s nowhere near as good a shot stopper as McGregor.
Still time to address this. Pin ball panic, ball watching and a keeper rooted to the spot at corners is a long term problem. Time it was sorted.
No better at corners now with JM. He did have a very good save.

Latest posts

Back