Double tickets

SamEng

When is this carry on going to end?Someone in my seat before me tonight with same seat number on ticket . I'm all home games so it's not as if I paid for it at last minute.

When is this carry on going to end?Someone in my seat before me tonight with same seat number on ticket . I'm all home games so it's not as if I paid for it at last minute.
A guy in front of me got punted from his seat 20 minutes into the game. The guys been a season ticket holder for a few years and he was raging, the Steward told him, “ paper tickets take priority over smart cards “. Fucking ridiculous

Happened to me twice last season, like you im cccs all home games. No idea how it can happen.

It's a disgrace - and the fact that stewards seem to keep repeating that "paper tickets take responsibility over smart cards" line suggests it's some sort of official club policy we have on the issue?

I've saw several posters say a steward said the same thing to them over the past few weeks, so are the club doing this on purpose or what? It should not be happening, never mind having an official response like that.

A guy in front of me got punted from his seat 20 minutes into the game. The guys been a season ticket holder for a few years and he was raging, the Steward told him, “ paper tickets take priority over smart cards “. Fucking ridiculous
I remember reading that a paper ticket is proof of purchase so takes priority.Not the case now as I have email saying my seat is purchased for this game,row seat number etc.Whereas before you would only have your season ticket/card to show.

It's a disgrace - and the fact that stewards seem to keep repeating that "paper tickets take responsibility over smart cards" line suggests it's some sort of official club policy we have on the issue?

I've saw several posters say a steward said the same thing to them over the past few weeks, so are the club doing this on purpose or what? It should not be happening, never mind having an official response like that.
Aye it's shocking.We managed to squeeze in but shouldn't be our problem to fix out.

This is happening more and more often. Was the case in GF4 tonight, at least 2 lads had paper tickets for the seats of ST holders. Club are making double and supporters are arguing over seats.

It's a serious issue along with the ticketless turnstile jumpers, but keeps happening. When are the club going to take action? GF1 stairwell was full of ticketless tadgers standing there and the stewards don't even bother asking to see their tickets or tell them to move!

The same happened to two young lads in front of me.The Club need to get their act together regarding this.

I remember reading that a paper ticket is proof of purchase so takes priority.Not the case now as I have email saying my seat is purchased for this game,row seat number etc.Whereas before you would only have your season ticket/card to show.
The fact that ST holders who sign up to CCS or even just buy their own seat for Euro/Cup games get an email sent to them confirming their purchase is in theory a good idea (I always take a screenshot of my email just in case there are any problems and I can't get a wifi signal to show them my email) and that should always take precedence over a mistakenly sold paper ticket for YOUR SEAT!

Also @Greg Marshall something needs done about this that’s a nonsense people are getting punted out their ST seats a

There was two people absolutely steaming in front of me in CF4 who clearly weren’t meant to be there, everytime someone came into the row to take their seat they just kept moving their stuff around. Got away with it to an extent because it was standing.

The fact that ST holders who sign up to CCS or even just buy their own seat for Euro/Cup games get an email sent to them confirming their purchase is in theory a good idea (I always take a screenshot of my email just in case there are any problems and I can't get a wifi signal to show them my email) and that should always take precedence over a mistakenly sold paper ticket for YOUR SEAT!
Just a sidenote.You shouldn't need a connection to see your emails if they're already opened.

Experienced this tonight. Guy couldn’t get through the turnstile so heads off to speak to stewed. I take my seat (QR code) same guy appears 5 minutes after kick off claiming I’m in his seat.

He shows me his season ticket and it’s the seat I have bought a ticket for. But I know his season ticket didn’t let him through the turnstile so a steward must have let him in.

Conclusion - he’s not paid for his ticket and has chanced his arm OR his season ticket isn’t activated (moved to another section?).

Either way, I feel obliged to move cos he’s the season ticket holder. Spoke to a steward who suggested I sit in another empty seat but I’m not wanting to have to move when the rightful owner turns up so spend the first 25 minutes watching the game in front of the exit, before eventually taking a spare seat.

I don’t think it’s simply a club issue, it seems that there may be season ticket holders who’s smart cards aren’t activated and are getting let in despite this.

Experienced this tonight. Guy couldn’t get through the turnstile so heads off to speak to stewed. I take my seat (QR code) same guy appears 5 minutes after kick off claiming I’m in his seat.

He shows me his season ticket and it’s the seat I have bought a ticket for. But I know his season ticket didn’t let him through the turnstile so a steward must have let him in.

Conclusion - he’s not paid for his ticket and has chanced his arm OR his season ticket isn’t activated (moved to another section?).

Either way, I feel obliged to move cos he’s the season ticket holder. Spoke to a steward who suggested I sit in another empty seat but I’m not wanting to have to move when the rightful owner turns up so spend the first 25 minutes watching the game in front of the exit, before eventually taking a spare seat.

I don’t think it’s simply a club issue, it seems that there may be season ticket holders who’s smart cards aren’t activated and are getting let in despite this.
That gets back to the importance of the confirmation email every ST holder gets sent to confirm their purchase.
If the ST holder's card somehow isn't working he can show confirmation of his purchase, if he hasn't got that confirmation then he presumably hasn't actually bought his ticket (could be his payment was knocked back or he just didn't fill in his form correctly) in which case the paper ticket should take precedence.
It really isn't rocket science!

Funny I thought similar when I saw a guy at Spurs game basically bundle a couple from their seats shouting he always sits there.I thought maybe he hadn't activated his card.I didn't find out who if anyone was in the wrong.
But in my case I have the email stating my card is activated and it did let me into the ground.The paper ticket had my seat number on it.So it was absolutely a club issue.

That gets back to the importance of the confirmation email every ST holder gets sent to confirm their purchase.
If the ST holder's card somehow isn't working he can show confirmation of his purchase, if he hasn't got that confirmation then he presumably hasn't actually bought his ticket (could be his payment was knocked back or he just didn't fill in his form correctly) in which case the paper ticket should take precedence.
It really isn't rocket science!
It’s not rocket science but it’s not an easy discussion to have 5 minutes into a Champions League qualifier in a rammed row.

I wanted to try and deescalate a tense situation but that issue for me lies with stewards/process at entry.

No way should part timers with paper ticket take priority over someone who sits there every game and if that's a policy its fucking retarded
I agree but they're not necessarily part timers. For instance I'm normally club deck but was Govan rear for this one. No issues on my one at least.

Happened to me at the Sheep game in March. The ticket I bought was some guy’s ST. I sat in the next seat and thankfully no one came to sit there.

Piss poor from the club it is happening.
In terms of the stewards, I can kind of see why they take that line of thinking sadly.

A lot in here saying "season ticket holder" but sadly to them - in a quick check - that doesn't prove anything for a night like tonight.
I know emails can be found, proof can be sought - but all that time everyone around is getting agitated missing game most likely.
So they'll take the quickest and easiest, hoping you find a seat elsewhere.

Crap situation, and seems to happen way too often.

My mate was later than me getting into the stadium. His old man was sitting with me then this random guy turns up looking for my mate’s seat. I tell him it must be double booked. The guy goes to the steward who comes down and is eventually told to f*ck off by mate’s old man (we were missing the CL theme and build up).

As kick off takes place it occurs to me that something must’ve went wrong with my mate’s CCCS and explain this to his old man. Eventually the guy who tried to sit there comes back down and I hear from my mate that I was right. He had to go to the TO and buy another ticket to get in the stadium :))

Seen reading paper ticket is proof and a guy was moved from his ST seat. Where on earth do they put the person moved?

Back