Double tickets

A guy in front of me got punted from his seat 20 minutes into the game. The guys been a season ticket holder for a few years and he was raging, the Steward told him, “ paper tickets take priority over smart cards “. Fucking ridiculous
That’s mental! I’d not have moved, there was a few neds vaping and drinking Buckie in front of us and a woman came in late with a QR ticket and told one of them to beat it, all he did was squeeze up as we were all standing.

Madness
It’s a wonder there’s no a scrap.
There was a square go that kicked off in the Govan Rear last season during a game that went on for ages, stopped for a buit and then kicked off again later and I'm pretty sure this was the issue. Ended up the police having to drag a couple of folk out, one of whom had a sore face.

Tbh I can see it from both sides. Would be equally angry if I had purchased a paper ticket in good faith from the club and then get a ST holder coming along to chuck me out of my seat... Where am I supposed to go if the ground is full? Equally, I would also be livid if I had paid for my ST seat and someone else was in it. Seems like it will be imperative in these situations to have proof of purchase on me.

Paper tickets are proof of purchase and if there are issues with a ST smart card, then they should really be going to the ticket office to confirm whether they: have been moved seats for the game; CCCS hasn't gone through or; their card is active for the game. The club do need to do better in this respect but there is too much snobbery towards ST holders, when they may have been moved, not activated via CCCS, had issues scanning in and bunked in with someone else rather than going to the TO to sort it out. The club need to figure this out for the cup games and the resolution is very much on them as you just can't have two fans battling for the one seat in the stands during a big game. I can see it from both sides and it is an extremely frustrating situation for both.

Tbh I can see it from both sides. Would be equally angry if I had purchased a paper ticket in good faith from the club and then get a ST holder coming along to chuck me out of my seat... Where am I supposed to go if the ground is full? Equally, I would also be livid if I had paid for my ST seat and someone else was in it. Seems like it will be imperative in these situations to have proof of purchase on me.

Paper tickets are proof of purchase and if there are issues with a ST smart card, then they should really be going to the ticket office to confirm whether they: have been moved seats for the game; CCCS hasn't gone through or; their card is active for the game. The club do need to do better in this respect but there is too much snobbery towards ST holders, when they may have been moved, not activated via CCCS, had issues scanning in and bunked in with someone else rather than going to the TO to sort it out. The club need to figure this out for the cup games and the resolution is very much on them as you just can't have two fans battling for the one seat in the stands during a big game. I can see it from both sides and it is an extremely frustrating situation for both.
The emails the club are sending out to ST holders before the match should help in situations where someone on CCCS has purchased their seat and not been moved as they confirm the match, seat details, smartcard has been activated and also the smartcard number. Not sure how much more proof someone would need to provide that they had purchased that seat.

CCCS payments are also taken before MyGers/Public sale. Whilst it isn't fair on the person with the paper ticket either, it should never have been sold to them in the 1st place and a ST holder on CCCS should take priority as they purchased the seat 1st.

@Greg Marshall can you advise what the club are doing about this as its happening every game now and where games are sold out, where exactly are people expected to move to?

We are going to get hammered by Glasgow city council and UEFA if this keeps happening. UEFA can't not have noticed the stairwell in GF1 especially yet again not being visible due to people standing, they have handed out fines before for that reason and it's only a matter of time before H&S from the council start threatening our safety certificate. The ticket issue seems to have got worse since the introduction of QR codes. Does the turnstile system not recognise that a ticket for a seat has already been scanned?

There were maybe 15-20 people standing on the stairs at the end of CR5, can only assume it was the same issue as they were pointed to that area by the stewards

I think the assumption will be made by the TO that someone hasn't checked the seat they've bought. Should be easy enough to take photos of both proof of purchase, the next time this happens to anyone, to send to the TO for an explanation. Shouldn't have to do it, i agree but its the only way i can think of to prove this is happening.

We are going to get hammered by Glasgow city council and UEFA if this keeps happening. UEFA can't not have noticed the stairwell in GF1 especially yet again not being visible due to people standing, they have handed out fines before for that reason and it's only a matter of time before H&S from the council start threatening our safety certificate. The ticket issue seems to have got worse since the introduction of QR codes. Does the turnstile system not recognise that a ticket for a seat has already been scanned?
Was the same in the west encl. Stewards were too busy watching the game to give a fk

Was the same in the west encl. Stewards were too busy watching the game to give a fk
The club dont give a f*#k either. Happened numerous times round about us in Govan Rear over the past 12 months, email in and hear nothing back. Not surprised though sadly, just another area of customer service that is non existent.

Maybe another fine from uefa for blocked stairwells or a visit from H&S will finally waken up certain folk at our club.

I think a number of different factors will be feeding into this.

1) Folk ‘doubling up’ at turnstiles and getting in without a ticket.

2) Season ticket holders who, for a number of reasons, haven’t activated their card for the game in question. That might be failed payment; having to log on and buy a ticket (where they’d usually be CCCS) and not realising; issues with the CCCS system itself; etc. These folk will then remonstrate with a steward and be let in - only to find someone else has bought the ticket for their seat.

3) The clubs ticketing system issuing more than one ticket for the same seat.

Whatever it is, it needs reviewed and sorted quickly because it’s going to lead to bother for the club at some point.

It’s also pissing off fans who pay good money and have to spend part of their day trying to sort it out.

This seems to be a common occurence.

What has been the clubs response once personnel have complained?

No steward would be telling me paper tickets get priority. Its not the person with the paper tickets fault either but totally a club issue.

Is it cynical to suggest that I believe the club must be aware of the issue before the game even starts?

Seems far too coincidental for it to be repeatedly happening. Was a similar issue for the USG game in BF, few in my row ended up 2 to a seat

Very interested to here @Greg Marshall input into this as this is not the first time it’s happened yet nothing seems to have been done about it.

Would also be worth clarifying the ridiculous point that paper tickets take priority over smartcards? Surely to Christ that’s not true and the stewards are talking nonsense?
Do stand managers still have card readers that can scan your card and give seat details?

If so, paper tickets taking priority is a nonsense. If not, the argument would be how can they prove you actually bought your ST seat

I paid for 4 tickets for the Thornton suite and 1 of our tickets was a duplicate a total joke
How does that even work? Presumably wouldn’t have been enough space at the table for food or the actual stadium seats

Do stand managers still have card readers that can scan your card and give seat details?

If so, paper tickets taking priority is a nonsense. If not, the argument would be how can they prove you actually bought your ST seat
They are sending out emails before games now with confirmation of CCCS having been processed confirming purchase status etc.
All the info is in the email to prove you have paid for your seat.

Happened in the row behind me in CD7 last night

Person who bought the ticket in good faith just stood on the aisle instead

Experienced this tonight. Guy couldn’t get through the turnstile so heads off to speak to stewed. I take my seat (QR code) same guy appears 5 minutes after kick off claiming I’m in his seat.

He shows me his season ticket and it’s the seat I have bought a ticket for. But I know his season ticket didn’t let him through the turnstile so a steward must have let him in.

Conclusion - he’s not paid for his ticket and has chanced his arm OR his season ticket isn’t activated (moved to another section?).

Either way, I feel obliged to move cos he’s the season ticket holder. Spoke to a steward who suggested I sit in another empty seat but I’m not wanting to have to move when the rightful owner turns up so spend the first 25 minutes watching the game in front of the exit, before eventually taking a spare seat.

I don’t think it’s simply a club issue, it seems that there may be season ticket holders who’s smart cards aren’t activated and are getting let in despite this.
I once got taken from my ST seat when someone claimed I was in his seat, they had a hand held scanner which confirmed it was my seat. Surely they would have checked his purchase before letting him in?

You miss a very important point regarding season tickets - if you scan through the turnstiles this is verification that your smart card has been activated for the game in question- perhaps you think it is snobbery that over 26 thousand Rangers supporters use the clubs official cccs method of paying for tickets for all non league games- the issue is not with the season tickets that have been activated but with the paper ticket that has been issued in error for a seat that has already been paid for - days in advance of the person being able to log in to begin the process of buying the paper tickets.
for example purchase/payment for last nights game was taken on Thursday 11th for those season ticket holders on cccs - priority for MyGers members purchase/ payment was taken on Saturday 13th and general sales purchase/payment was Monday 15th.
But yet you see those season ticket holders who have committed to purchasing ALL home cup games on cccs that activates their season ticket as a form of snobbery simply because they don’t have a paper ticket

Has the OP got in touch with the ticket office and asked for an explanation? Just being signed up to the cccs scheme doesn't automatically mean their seat was actually purchased for the match. Would be interested to know if the OP has issues scanning his card at the turnstile as well. If he's got proof that he's 100% bought his seat, I'd he looking for an explanation from the club.

Any examples of this please email slo@rangers.co.uk and we will look into it. Generally in my experience they haven’t been double sold but a ST holder thinks they’ve purchased their seat when they haven’t. But every instance will be looked at.
How would that work though? Are you saying the season ticket holder has purchased a different seat and doesn't realise it?

Very interested to here @Greg Marshall input into this as this is not the first time it’s happened yet nothing seems to have been done about it.

Would also be worth clarifying the ridiculous point that paper tickets take priority over smartcards? Surely to Christ that’s not true and the stewards are talking nonsense?

Generally that would be the case as the ST holder won’t have purchased the match. If the Smartcard holder presented evidence of purchasing that seat then I suspect they would receive priority.

If I have purchased a ticket for a seat, be it my own ST seat or for unforeseen reason another seat, I'll be having that seat and if any lady's front bottom wants to move me from it they'll have to try to do so by force

Experienced this tonight. Guy couldn’t get through the turnstile so heads off to speak to stewed. I take my seat (QR code) same guy appears 5 minutes after kick off claiming I’m in his seat.

He shows me his season ticket and it’s the seat I have bought a ticket for. But I know his season ticket didn’t let him through the turnstile so a steward must have let him in.

Conclusion - he’s not paid for his ticket and has chanced his arm OR his season ticket isn’t activated (moved to another section?).

Either way, I feel obliged to move cos he’s the season ticket holder. Spoke to a steward who suggested I sit in another empty seat but I’m not wanting to have to move when the rightful owner turns up so spend the first 25 minutes watching the game in front of the exit, before eventually taking a spare seat.

I don’t think it’s simply a club issue, it seems that there may be season ticket holders who’s smart cards aren’t activated and are getting let in despite this.
It's obviously some kind of IT problem. Shouldn't be happening, the process is pretty logical so the IT should be working.

It's obviously some kind of IT problem. Shouldn't be happening, the process is pretty logical so the IT should be working.

It’s not an IT problem. The it didn’t let him in. Someone did or he doubled in. Which is what causes the issue for the fan. It’s an issue I’ll flag once more that stewards shouldn’t be letting people in without proof they have purchased.

Any examples of this please email slo@rangers.co.uk and we will look into it. Generally in my experience they haven’t been double sold but a ST holder thinks they’ve purchased their seat when they haven’t. But every instance will be looked at.
This explanation then begs the question - if the season ticket holder did not purchase their seat - why was their season ticket (smart card) activated for the game that allowed the holder entry to the ground at the turnstiles

This explanation then begs the question - if the season ticket holder did not purchase their seat - why was their season ticket (smart card) activated for the game that allowed the holder entry to the ground at the turnstiles

Was it though? That’s the question that needs answered.

Club deck?
My brother had my ticket last night. I'm in the Club Deck. He Said someone was in my seat. Happened for nearly every European game last season too. I'm up the very back so everyone stands so we squeezed in but it's an utter disgrace considering the money folk are paying for tickets that it keeps happening.

Back