Sir Alex at Ibrox last night meeting RvN

0428f9b7cd07be70b89ed962b2a744a5.png

Alex and Ruud in happier times.

Last edited:
Doesn't love us at all.
Bollocks, he was a Rangers supporter as a boy and a Rangers player as a man.
It has been said by someone who knows him well that he always continued to keep a healthy interest in the fortunes of Rangers and watched us on television whenever he could, even attending TV studios to get special viewings of important Rangers games that weren't available elsewhere.

He may have criticised various aspects of the club for different reasons over the years, but ffsake you should spend more time on here!

Ferguson was desperate to sign RVN in 2000. Then Man Utd pulled out saying after the medical his knee was dodgy. PSV went mental and claimed it was fine. Ruud then collapsed in training and did his ACL in, which was caught on video clip.

Then he recovered, Fergie signed him and Van Nistelrooy absolutely ripped it up. A fantastic player.

It has been said by someone who knows him well that he always continued to keep a healthy interest in the fortunes of Rangers and watched us on television whenever he could, even attending TV studios to get special viewings of important Rangers games that weren't available elsewhere.

He may have criticised various aspects of the club for different reasons over the years, but ffsake you should spend more time on here!
I'll go by his actions and own words. He's recently said he only "supports" us in OF games as a bit of a wind up to his Celtic supporting son. Aye sounds staunch as feck.

Have to agree with this. Was lucky enough to spend some time in his company after going down for a Man Utd-Juventus game in 2003.
When he found out I was a Rangers fan, he put me to shame. Knew more about our games than I did - and I was at them haha!
Asking me about Hearts game the previous weekend, Ayr in cup coming up could be tricky, talking about Big Eck, the players. Blew me away.
Cool story bro etc :cool:

I thought he out coached GVB in 2nd half last night. Weird GVB is usually proactive in changing formation and players if necessary. PSV nullified Davis in 2nd half dominated midfield.
Sadly a true story.

Have to agree with this. Was lucky enough to spend some time in his company after going down for a Man Utd-Juventus game in 2003.
When he found out I was a Rangers fan, he put me to shame. Knew more about our games than I did - and I was at them haha!
Asking me about Hearts game the previous weekend, Ayr in cup coming up could be tricky, talking about Big Eck, the players. Blew me away.
his brother had a season ticket for many years not spoke to him in a while so dont know if he is still going to Ibrox

We almost signed RvN if I remember correctly. Was it not a case that if we signed him we couldn't have signed Gio, Mols, etc?

We almost signed RvN if I remember correctly. Was it not a case that if we signed him we couldn't have signed Gio, Mols, etc?
IIRC Advocatt said we were willing to pay £15m but that RVN was desperate to go to Utd so it was a nonstarter.

Always nice to hear a first hand experience. I have known other people who have had similar encounters with him say the same.

Back