Double tickets

There was a square go that kicked off in the Govan Rear last season during a game that went on for ages, stopped for a buit and then kicked off again later and I'm pretty sure this was the issue. Ended up the police having to drag a couple of folk out, one of whom had a sore face.

That happened round about where I have my season ticket but we had been moved to next section seen it happening was something I had never seen before in Ibrox guys rolling about bonkers.

It’s not an IT problem. The it didn’t let him in. Someone did or he doubled in. Which is what causes the issue for the fan. It’s an issue I’ll flag once more that stewards shouldn’t be letting people in without proof they have purchased.

Greg, it's happening far too often for it to be a double combination of people having forgotten to buy their ticket / a failed payment AND them then doubling up to get in or using a steward to let them in.

It happened to a mate of mine at the Young Boys home game and there's been countless threads on it since. In fact, at that YB game, it was two paper tickets causing the issue so the "forgotten to buy the ST" issues is moot there.

I mentioned to you two years back the system software being years out of date (when it was showing my password on the screen unencrypted when I was in the T.O. )

The reply you got from the T.O. was that the password issue had been upgraded since it happened to me and that the software was also from the same company used by EPL teams but it's still years old and not fit for purpose. At some point in the not too distant past, the machines were still running Windows 98

Might be the same company but it's not new and bespoke software for our needs. Are the club looking at this at all?

Last edited:
Mental that the club are yet to sort this out. Its been reported plenty times last year and hasn't gone away. The fact this is public knowledge would surely make the club liable for all sorts if something was to happen. Big safety issue and poor treatment of fans who’ve paid for their seats.

Greg, it's happening far too often for it to be a double combination of people having forgotten to buy their ticket / a failed payment AND them then doubling up to get in or using a steward to let them in.

It happened to a mate of mine at the Young Boys home game and there's been countless threads on it since.

I mentioned to you two years back the system software being years out of date (when it was showing my password on the screen unencrypted when I was in the T.O. )

The reply you got from the T.O. was that the password issue had been upgraded since it happened to me and that the software was also from the same company used by EPL teams but it's still years old and not fit for purpose. At some point in the not too distant past, the machines were still running Windows 98

Might be the same company but it's not new and bespoke software for our needs. Are the club looking at this at all?

The club has acknowledged we need to look at the whole online ticketing platform and I am not one to defend it as we need to have a far more user friendly system.

But when I’ve been involved previously I’ve not been able to dig out any double sales whereas I’ve been able to show the other issues with more regularity.

That’s not to deny people’s experiences though so I’m going to get them looked into if they are sent to me.

The club has acknowledged we need to look at the whole online ticketing platform and I am not one to defend it as we need to have a far more user friendly system.

But when I’ve been involved previously I’ve not been able to dig out any double sales whereas I’ve been able to show the other issues with more regularity.

That’s not to deny people’s experiences though so I’m going to get them looked into if they are sent to me.
Robertson put out a statement after the Ross County debacle. We’re a year on and no improvement has been made with the ticket office operations/website

It’s one thing acknowledging the platforms an issue but it’s another actually fixing it. Are the club going to confirm a timeline of when fans can expect improvements/system upgrade?

I've added an edit to that there.

At that YB game, it was two paper tickets causing the issue so they'd 100% been double sold and it wasn't a ST having forgotten to buy their option.

It was in the Govan Rear. I might even be able to look back at the pictures of the seat numbers.

I had a paper ticket last night and just before the match started a boy showed up with a ST for the same seat
I ended up having to stand in the stairwell and juke in every time the steward came Down the stairs.

Was just as well every one was standing or I would have stood out like a sore thumb

F*ckin nightmare

I had a paper ticket last night and just before the match started a boy showed up with a ST for the same seat
I ended up having to stand in the stairwell and juke in every time the steward came Down the stairs.

Was just as well every one was standing or I would have stood out like a sore thumb

F*ckin nightmare
If it was CF3 it was me.

I remember the Braga game last season.Made my way to my seat in the very back row of CR3 and there’s some p!ssed random standing in front of it.(luckily have the option to sit or stand up there as I’m back row).I politely asked the guy to move so i could take my seat and he turns round and tells me “just stand/sit anywhere mate,I’m wanting to stand next to my pal”.

Eh naw mate,I don’t pay £500+ for a season ticket for some random weapon to tell me to stand/sit elsewhere because he fancies standing there.He got told to move his ass.Stand/sit anywhere in the stadium you want old boy but get tae f**k out my seat!

Sounds like the old double-shuffle may be an issue, stewards assisting - through good or bad intentions - people coming in without ticket but categorically there are clear f*ck ups with the TO double selling tickets.

Happened to the old man last season. Someone in his seat, he got moved (and given was free seat nearby wasn't arsed). Checked when home and money came out, emailed TO to be told they'd look into it and about a year later is still waiting on a response.

I haven’t had an issue with someone in my seat but my smart card didn’t work for the PSV game. I’m in BF5. The stewards directed me to the ticket office, absolutely no chance they were letting me in despite the fact I had my confirmation email so I would be surprised if they are letting ST holders in. Went to the ticket office and got a printed ticket.

The club are quick to take money from the fans but clearly have no desire to sort this. It’s only going to get worse.

@Greg Marshall

There's those Young Boys tickets.

I picked one up from the "Ticket Office" forum on here for my mate.

Someone in "his" seat when he got in.

Not sure why they both say "Duplicate" on them? Club certainly sold two tickets for the sake seat with no smart card involved.

the original purchaser (his rangers number and name is on tickets) should be able to explain 2 x duplicates , did other guy buy his from someone he knew or from a stranger too?
maybe made a few visits to T.O

@Greg Marshall

Not sure why they both say "Duplicate" on them? Club certainly sold two tickets for the sake seat with no smart card involved.
Same Rangers Number on both tickets. I'm assuming he's gone and got a reprint from ticket office. Would have thought one should have been deactivated though, which it might have been and they've been let in by steward. Don't see how that's double selling a seat though, when it's clearly the same person.

@Greg Marshall

Duplicate ticket (same Rangers number and name)
Looks like the seller “arranged” this to punt ticket via Internet forum.
Not exactly the club double selling,they wouldn’t have got two lots of money.
However,one of the duplicate tickets should have been deactivated and second person shouldn’t have been able to gain entry via scanning ticket.

Lots of experiences on this thread. If everyone with an experience can email the SLO@Rangers.co.uk with details that'll really help them get action:

-Match/Date
-Your Gers number if you bought the ticket direct from club
-Area of ground/seat
-Your method of ticket purchase (cccs, mygers sale, public sale) and format of your ticket (smartcard, QR, paper)
-Format of ticket the other person in seat had if you know (smartcard, QR, paper)
-What stewards did if involved

If you don't have all your info, check your purchase history on the ticketing site or your emails.

Duplicate ticket (same Rangers number and name)
Looks like the seller “arranged” this to punt ticket via Internet forum.
Not exactly the club double selling,they wouldn’t have got two lots of money.
However,one of the duplicate tickets should have been deactivated and second person shouldn’t have been able to gain entry via scanning ticket.
Are the barcodes are different?

My mate's ticket worked.

I can't vouch for the other guy as neither me or my mate knew him...he wasn't the ST holder of the seat either...I don't know whether he got in as normal, spoke to a steward or doubled up. Could be any of them I guess but there's either a failing in the ticketing system if it's the first one and a dangerous failing by the stewards / the club responsible for safety if it's either of the last two.

Not sure why paper tickets would have been issued twice for what was a ST holder's purchase of his seat for a Euro game...unless there was a 3rd version of it used on the actual smart card (but at that point two of those three should have been cancelled and if my mate's ticket worked the smart card wouldn't (shouldn't?) have been activated

Same Rangers Number on both tickets. I'm assuming he's gone and got a reprint from ticket office. Would have thought one should have been deactivated though, which it might have been and they've been let in by steward. Don't see how that's double selling a seat though, when it's clearly the same person.
Do reprints not have £0.00 as the ticket value though? Or is that just league games?

I can’t ever recall the club putting ticket value on a reprint I’ve had

Do reprints not have £0.00 as the ticket value though? Or is that just league games?

I can’t ever recall the club putting ticket value on a reprint I’ve had

Yup, that was my thinking unless they've changed it. I've seen tickets with a £0.00 value before.

It's certainly two differently issued tickets with prices and different barcodes on them.

Last edited:
@Greg Marshall

Not sure why they both say "Duplicate" on them? Club certainly sold two tickets for the same seat with no smart card involved for either of these two guys.
Its the same ticket, looks like someone has got two reprints and punted them.

Same name on them and same ticket/Rangers number.

Its the same ticket, looks like someone has got two reprints and punted them.

Same name on them and same ticket/Rangers number.

Might well be.

I can't imagine the scenario where two reprints are dished out on top of what would be, I'm guessing, an original smartcard activation of the ST.

If it's indeed the case, at least one of them should have been cancelled (and the smartcard shouldn't have worked either)

There's a failing at some point by the club whether it's either the duplication of a ticket printed and not knowing or letting two people in to the ground by some means.

Might well be.

I can't imagine the scenario where two reprints are dished out on top of what would be, I'm guessing, an original smartcard activation of the ST.

If it's indeed the case, at least one of them should have been cancelled (and the smartcard shouldn't have worked either)

There's a failing at some point by the club whether it's either the duplication of a ticket printed and not knowing or letting two people in to the ground by some means.
"Iv lost my smartcard can I get a reprint posted"

£5

"I never received the reprint, can I get another?"

£5

"Iv lost my smartcard can I get a reprint posted"

£5

"I never received the reprint, can I get another?"

£5

Is the insinuation someone's spent a tenner to make £74 then while ripping off a couple of fellow Bears?

If that's really what's happened, it's a separate issue.

However, at least two (and maybe three if the SmartCard was used) people ended up in the ground when the capacity was for 1. That's something the club have to address.

Is the insinuation someone's spent a tenner to make £74 then while ripping off a couple of fellow Bears?

If that's really what's happened, it's a separate issue.

However, at least two (and maybe three if the SmartCard was used) people ended up in the ground when the capacity was for 1. That's something the club have to address.
What poster did you buy the tickets off on the ticket forum on here? Maybe he can explain.

What poster did you buy the tickets off on the ticket forum on here? Maybe he can explain.

Don't want to link a poster name to a real life name.

It was 3 years ago so my memory might not be perfect on it but when I picked it up from him, it was something to do with him moving seats to sit beside a relative so he wasn't using that seat as normal. Something along those lines.

Greg can chase it up at the T.O. end of things to how it's all come about.

This thread has identified several issues in relation to ticketing - once Greg feeds it back to the club hopefully they can act on it - there's a few underlying issues which really need resolved or looked at in finer detail.

From reading the thread, I think if stewards were to direct all failed ticket scans to the ticket office instead of just letting them in , and the software used on the scanners only allowed one scan per ticket and one scan per seat, the vast majority of these issues would be solved.

All cases of duplicate tickets should be fully investigated by the Club and the root cause established.
In the instance of these 2 paper tickets both with duplicate printed on them, my first reaction is that whoever bought the original ticket has requested reprints, selling them on scamming fellow bears. This might not be the case - it's not impossible you have a a bad apple in the TO doing reprints and punting them, could be a pretty lucrative sideline. All conjecture unless the club properly investigate each case fully. The club in turn should be feeding back to anyone who has made complaints of issues regarding duplicate tickets, ignoring these complaints (as seems to be happening on many occasions) is terrible customer service.
Hopefully we see an improvement moving forward.

It’s not an IT problem. The it didn’t let him in. Someone did or he doubled in. Which is what causes the issue for the fan. It’s an issue I’ll flag once more that stewards shouldn’t be letting people in without proof they have purchased.
That’s a lot of shite mate it’s clearly an IT problem. Man sitting in his season ticket seat having paid for the match(he doubled checked had email and everything) and a guy with a paper ticket for the exact same seat.

On the first day we had the new smart cards, I stupidly scanned and then pulled the wrong part of the turnstile so was still stood on the wrong side and the ticket had been “used”. When I tried to scan again it went red which, whilst a pain in the arse, was my own fault and what I would expect(Steward seen it all happen and let me through anyway).

Last weekend I saw somebody do the same thing but on the second scan, it still showed green and allowed them through.

Have to assume they have changed the process for tickets to show as used based on that. Much, much easier for the double seating to become an issue with the new process.

From reading the thread, I think if stewards were to direct all failed ticket scans to the ticket office instead of just letting them in , and the software used on the scanners only allowed one scan per ticket and one scan per seat, the vast majority of these issues would be solved.
I only get to Ibrox a handful of times a year these days. Last one was recent Killie game and I was using my cousin's SmartCard as he couldn't attend. Got to the turnstile, scanned the ticket, scanner flashed green and the turnstile make a clicking noise. I tried to push through but couldn't get it to move. Tried scanning SmartCard again and it flashed green and then yellow. Still couldn't get in. Steward had to come and he let me through the turnstile manually. I assumed it was human error on my part due to being 'out of practice' but who knows? Steward didn't check the SmartCard at any point - though he may have seen that it had gone green on scanning to be fair to him.

Last edited:
A guy in front of me got punted from his seat 20 minutes into the game. The guys been a season ticket holder for a few years and he was raging, the Steward told him, “ paper tickets take priority over smart cards “. Fucking ridiculous
Away? that is ridiculous and I take it there is no one at the TO to verify if he had been moved or seat subbed? Would these folk even know if a paper ticket was 'legit'

Away? that is ridiculous and I take it there is no one at the TO to verify if he had been moved or seat subbed? Would these folk even know if a paper ticket was 'legit'
No mate he hadnt been moved just an absolute %^*& up with the printed ticket. The ticket was genuine though just a duplicate

Back