Casemiro-Kroos-Modric the end of an era

iain18(7)2

With United signing Casemiro, one of the best midfields we’ve ever seen is broken up. For me, they weren’t as good as xavi-iniesta-busquets but they achieved a hell of a lot together.

A truly great trio. Strangely, considering who they are and who they play for, probably underrated as well.

Casemiro signing man u is a bit of a shocker, that with kroos (32)and modric being about a hunner, safe to say the end is nigh,
But yes it's been a pleasure to watch those three over the years,

This is why Utd will not catch City or Liverpool anytime soon.

Casemiro, Eriksen, Varane, Ronaldo, Cavani, Mata, Matic, etc.

The stars of yesterday or, at best, today. A complete waste of money. And they do it time and time again.

What they need is to identify the stars of tomorrow.

I think he was going to be replaced very soon with Camavinga. I think Casemiro is a brilliant player though and absolutely far too good to be going to that mess.

A big pay cheque but shame he'll be subjected to that. Still, Varane seems to have settled in well getting paid shit loads to look shite.

I think he was going to be replaced very soon with Camavinga. I think Casemiro is a brilliant player though and absolutely far too good to be going to that mess.

A big pay cheque but shame he'll be subjected to that. Still, Varane seems to have settled in well getting paid shit loads to look shite.
They spent about 70 million on tchouameni and he started in their last match in DM with casi on the bench.

As a lover of most things football I think I’ve had the most enjoyment, outside of Rangers, watching those 3 together. Unbelievable run of Champions League wins. Debates can rage about which midfield 3 are better individually but in terms of winning the biggest prize in club football they are unparalleled in the modern era. Glad I got to watch them so often

As a trio they were understated, like no one really noticed how efficient they were. Their run to the final last year was unreal. They looked down and out in almost every game, yet got through each tie to the final.
United are just throwing money about and hope it works, again!

How do you go from De Jong to Rabiot to Casemiro? Is it a random footballer generator machine Man U use instead of a director of football?
They're under huge pressure all over the place they had to pull off a huge signing and to be fair they've done it. Their defence is still a shambles though and I expect Liverpool to demolish them again

How do you go from De Jong to Rabiot to Casemiro? Is it a random footballer generator machine Man U use instead of a director of football?

I wouldnt even say those players play the same or are similar, all offer something different.

30 year old going for the cash to see out his career after having won 18 trophies: 5 European Cups, 3 Club World Cups, 3 UEFA Super Cups, 3 LaLiga titles, 1 Copa del Rey and 3 Spanish Super Cups. On an individual level, he was named Best Player of the UEFA Super Cup final won a few days ago in Helsinki and has been nominated for the 2022 Ballon d'Or.

• Wow
Reactions: TQ3
Any idea why Varane sits on the bench most weeks for Manchester United? Genuine question I don't watch much Premier League.

I think Modric is a tremendous player. That midfield for whatever reason don’t seem to be held in the same esteem as Xavi and Iniesta but they won back to back to back CLs when Barca couldn’t defend it once
Went to Anfield to watch Liverpool vrs Spurs years ago, Spurs won 2-0. Modric ran the show, totally dominated a Liverpool midfield including SG. He remains 1 of the best players I have ever seen live.

panic buys incoming, club is falling apart and throwing money at anyone. Any other team would have got him for 20-30 million at 30 years old

Went to Anfield to watch Liverpool vrs Spurs years ago, Spurs won 2-0. Modric ran the show, totally dominated a Liverpool midfield including SG. He remains 1 of the best players I have ever seen live.
He looks like a little skinny girl but what a fucking footballer he is.

Would have been great if Allly had went and watched Zagreb and came back and told Walter to go get him instead of forget it we can’t afford him

Back