Roofe - where is he?

Mosesmcneil

What is the current situation? Sorry if it's been covered but I see no thread.

No point in going over old ground and discussing how good he can be when fit but what's happening at the moment. is he regaining fitness or looking for a club?
With Sakala on the fringes, rumours of Alfie going to Villa and no Roofe we are potentially light up front.

I don’t see roofe playing much for us in the future tbh if he’s not off before the end of the window a think he will be in January

Not seen him in any training footage, which suggests he must still be injured. Odd we‘ve had no updates but there you go. Even if he was to start training tomorrow he’d need a full pre-season. I don’t see him kicking a ball in anger until after the September international break. For that reason, I don’t see him moving anywhere this window.

Turkey
New head of hair!
In all seriousness, he is the type of character who will be head down and working on whatever he can. That 55 squad know everything it takes and being injured is of no use to man nor beast and will be wanting to hit the ground running when he’s back.
Be like a £4m striker coming back because he’s a top top player…when fit
I’m still not ready to analyse it but he’s the guy who would have won us the game in Seville if fit

He was kicking about Skidz in Falkirk a few weeks ago in his Vito. Not a crutch or %^*& all in sight.
Prior to any pretend jokers, Skids is an Automotive Services company in Falkirk, and a Vito is a Mercedes vehicle :)
Genuinely couldn’t give a %^*& if he left on a free, more interested in his teeth, his hair, and posting his dugs on Insta, than he is being a Rangers player.

Turkey
New head of hair!
In all seriousness, he is the type of character who will be head down and working on whatever he can. That 55 squad know everything it takes and being injured is of no use to man nor beast and will be wanting to hit the ground running when he’s back.
Be like a £4m striker coming back because he’s a top top player…when fit
I’m still not ready to analyse it but he’s the guy who would have won us the game in Seville if fit
With all respect, I really doubt that mate.

He comes across as the type of player who doesn’t play if there’s any sort of niggle. While you’ve got guys like Morelos who - to his detriment - want to play through any sort of slight injury.

He’s very much in the Arjen Robben mould when it comes to that.

As good as he was in the 55 season - and he was absolutely vital in November/December - I’d love to move him on for someone who can contribute regularly.

With all respect, I really doubt that mate.

He comes across as the type of player who doesn’t play if there’s any sort of niggle. While you’ve got guys like Morelos who - to his detriment - want to play through any sort of slight injury.

He’s very much in the Arjen Robben mould when it comes to that.

As good as he was in the 55 season - and he was absolutely vital in November/December - I’d love to move him on for someone who can contribute regularly.
They’d always be 3rd choice anyway, so there’d be no regular contribution from any newcomer. You look at the criticism Colak took early doors, there is no chance we are selling an injured player and then having the patience to reinvest and integrate another 3rd striker.

Roofe will come back and will win is several 3 points from the depths of despair this season, of that I have no doubt.
In fact it was a last min pen from Kemar that won us 3 points at Easter Road last season.

Better the devil you know is my point

I will always be very grateful to Kemar for his contribution to our great club and institution. Will always remember that wonder goal against Standard Liege in the Europa League when he scored a magnificent goal from our own half….great vision to score that one! He is technically a very good footballer and I thank Steven Gerrard for persuading him to come to play in our lower profile domestic game up here in Scotland.

A man who would pull up in front of a brick wall for you and his team mates.

I mean he would be trying to run through it, but would no doubt pull a hammy in the run up and have to cut the run through short.

Sadly, he's never been a first team regular, simply because he's never been regularly available. His ability isn't in doubt, but for fitness reasons alone, he should move on. And he's not alone in that. The cost per game available for some players must be astronomical.

No point in going over old ground and discussing how good he can be when fit but what's happening at the moment. is he regaining fitness or looking for a club?
With Sakala on the fringes, rumours of Alfie going to Villa and no Roofe we are potentially light up front.
Alfie going to Villa?

Injured mate.

We will have a massive clear out by the start of next season
Mcgregor
Davis
Arfield
Katic
Helander
Roofe - hopefully
Wright- hopefully
Jack? depending on injuries this season
Hagi ? depending on offers

Back September
tumblr_ps2dyr1GRz1rrkahjo3_540.gifv

Or we win the treble and we love all of
We will have a massive clear out by the start of next season
Mcgregor
Davis
Arfield
Katic
Helander
Roofe - hopefully
Wright- hopefully
Jack? depending on injuries this season
Hagi ? depending on offers
that list again, the hopeful aspect sickens me btw
If they’re not successful then Rangers aren’t successful so %^*& that for supporter input

Latest posts

Back