Mounting unrest in Rangers squad as team mates rally to clear names of Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace

WeAr3Th3Pe0ple

From the Record..

Mounting unrest in Rangers squad as team mates rally to clear names of Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace
More details have emerged of the highly-charged scenes which led to the duo being suspended by Rangers.
JS59564140.jpg

• Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace (Image: SNS)
    Bemused Rangers players believe fall guys Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller have been hung out to dry by their own club.

Record Sport has learned there is a mounting feeling of unrest inside the Auchenhowie camp over the decision to suspend the duo following Sunday’s Scottish Cup capitulation against Celtic.

And a large group of Graeme Murty’s players are already itching for the chance to clear the names of Wallace and Miller as part of an internal disciplinary probe into the stormy aftermath of the Hampden thrashing.

It’s understood there were around 30 eyewitnesses to the highly-charged scenes which broke out inside the Rangers dressing room following the 4-0 defeat.

Inside Rangers meltdown as details emerge of vitriolic attack that led to Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller suspensions
And a significant number of players are now willing to give testimony, adamant that there was no ‘bust-up’ between manager Murty and the two accused.

Club sources insisted skipper Wallace and talisman Miller launched into a foul-mouthed tirade aimed at the manager moments after the final whistle.

But this has come as a shock to many of those who were present at the time – and it has infuriated some of Murty’s squad who believe the duo are the victims of internal politics.

Record Sport revealed on Monday how trouble kicked off after two players, Greg Docherty and Alfredo Morelos, clashed on their way off the field and had to be kept apart inside the Hampden tunnel.

JS141773303.jpg

Rangers duo Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace have been suspended by the club (Image: SNS)
Kenny Miller is from a Rangers era where problems got sorted in the dressing room - Derek Ferguson on Ibrox drama
This row spilled into the dressing room where a number of other players became involved in what have been described to Record Sport as “chaotic scenes”.

Murty, it’s understood, was not present during most of the heated post-mortem. But, in his role as captain, Wallace pulled rank and attempted to get the situation under control by expressing his disgust at the standard of the performance.

Wallace’s outburst restored some calm before Miller backed his skipper with some stinging home truths.

But while club sources claim the pair overstepped the mark by aiming their blast at Murty in a venomous personal attack, this version of events has left many of their team-mates completely baffled.

JS148954312.jpg

Graeme Murty (Image: Reuters)
6 Rangers bust-ups that have rocked Ibrox over past 18 months
It’s understood Wallace and Miller were given no verbal reason for their suspensions after being banished from the stadium and training ground by managing director Stewart Robertson during a brief meeting on Tuesday.
It’s also been reported that Miller stressed to Robertson he was not involved in any bust-up with the manager and both players have laid out their version of events to the players’ union.

Robertson did, however, confirm the reasons behind the decision will be sent to them in writing before the end of the week.

Even if Wallace and Miller are backed to the hilt by their Ibrox team-mates it looks almost certain that both have played their last games for the club.

Lack of quote but Jackson clearly gets this info from a player.

Wallace just doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy to undermine a manager

Would be sad if this is how he and Miller end their Rangers careers given the amount of years service they have given us

This is 100% on the boards head.

Sincerely hope the board cop some verbals at the weekend for the nonsense they’ve created

Murty should not be in his positon by now, its a disgrace and to leak the Hummel Info now tells me everything I need to know about the board and of its contempt for us and our players

Obviously one of the players is feeding this to the papers. Whilst I believe that we need to get this sorted don' they see how damaging this is to the club and how we feel as a support to see our Club being dragged thro the mud again

I would take this with a massive pinch of salt.

There is currently a PR war being waged by the players suspended (probably miller tbh) and the club cant really comeback at the moment till the investigation is complete.

I'm not absolving the board of any blame, but its' not just a coincidence that the MSM (specifically the DR who don't like the board) are running with pro-player stories.

David Edgar warned of stories such as this from journos close to the players.

I wouldn't pay it too much attention.

Well this episode is yet again a complete shambles and being played out in a way that this Rangers Board have failed to learn from.

It’s not as if we haven’t been here before with this board.

To me this shows the board were right to get rid of Miller, he can pretend he acts in the clubs interest if he wants but constantly feeding the press with info that is destructive to the club shows he is only interested in himself.

Unfortunately the club have made it very easy for the likes of KJ to have a go with a complete lack of communication and by inexplicably letting Murty continue

Murty should not be in his positon by now, its a disgrace and to leak the Hummel Info now tells me everything I need to know about the board and of its contempt for us and our players
Remember when they told us Murty was in charge for the rest of the season and thry announced the dj signing to try deflect away from it.

Lack of quote but Jackson clearly gets this info from a player.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he's described in the article as a talisman and his name rhymes with Jenny Filler.

Sorry this shows to me how pathetic the leadership from Board to management is and how it tries to cover their own arses for self protection.
A competent manager sorts out the squad of players immediately.

Our problems on the park are due to our problems everywhere else on the board and the awful management teams inflicted upon us.

Robertson appears to be using this episode to get rid of Miller and Wallace, but I'm not sure I buy into Jackson's narrative here - I think he is simply ramping up pressure on behalf of his friends

Mind you, the dressing room cant be a happy place, which is very worrying

It’s sounds to me like our captain and most senior player told a few home truths after a disgraceful defeat and those with the backbone of a galaxy caramel ran away in tears to the board.

It goes much deeper than that, Murty had already gone to the board previously to say that Miller a few others were deliberately undermining him, leading to players not carrying out instructions. Murty is weak and not fit for purpose and should have been able to deal with the situation if he had anything about him but the players have acted despicably and it is not the first manager it has happened to

When the dust settles I don't think anyone is coming away looking good from this.

Something stinks about the way Miller and Wallace are being hung out to dry here though , the early leaks at the usual places etc , Miller a convenient scapegoat due to his relationship with fans / contract ending etc....

It's his relationship with the press that's an issue, not the fans. Wallace similarly.

Kenny Miller only has three months wages to get from Rangers. April, May and June. Can't imagine it adds up to very much, so its time for him to go public. probably make just as much off the story. Stop hiding behind keek jackson

What a bloody mess. Not a hope in hell these players will pull it all together on time for Sunday, especially with Murty still in the dug out.

Robertson appears to be using this episode to get rid of Miller and Wallace, but I'm not sure I buy into Jackson's narrative here - I think he is simply ramping up pressure on behalf of his friends

Mind you, the dressing room cant be a happy place, which is very worrying

Why not wait four weeks til season’s end and get rid of Miller then and punt Wallace for £200k in the summer then.

Avoid the shot storm right now and get a few quid in.

Using this to get rid of them makes no sense

Kenny's got his pals working non-stop to cover his arse then

The club clearly kicked off this whole episode with leaks aimed at damaging Miller and Wallace.

These two are now intent on getting across their side of the story. Who can blame them?

This is one instance where dignified silence would certainly have been the preferred option.

Supporters will be even more worried than before about team spirit.

The way the situation has been handled reflects very badly on the club.

See if there are players there who want to follow them out the door by virtue of their "loyalty" to their pals, let them.

There is not one single imposter in that squad who should be dictating to the club the terms of what happens next.

This is Rangers, they should be thanking every deity there is that they have landed as lucky to ever pull on such a famous jersey given the level of their collective abilities.

Talking in hypotheticals here, what if the other players actually feel they were in the right and are being mistreated? Have the to be expected to just go along with the current version of events?

I’m not saying I believe anything from the Record - but if the squad backs up these two it doesn’t necessarily mean the squad are all scumbags, they could simply be telling the truth.

There's 2 sides to every story, and like always, the truth with this one will probably lie somewhere in the middle.

I personally think everyone needs to take some blame here, however it's not the first time Miller and Wallace have had the finger pointed at them by managers, so I'd get shot of the both of them.

As soon as the news broke about Wallace and Miller it was only a matter of time before a counter piece came from the players angle. Aspects of this may well be true but we still have a squad of absolute sh1tebags which doesn't say much about Wallace's captaincy and Miller seems to be a common factor in these issues through the years.

Do you think Liverpool fans would belive an article published in the Sun? Would they %^*&

I thought the Daily Record hated us? I thought we agreed not buy it, click it, read it.

As was stated on the heart & hand podcast yesterday, if the board wanted an easy tine of it they just had to get rid of Murty. (He is going in a few weeks anyway)

The board have made bad mistakes but they have been honest

Murty has tried his best but is not good enough

The players on the park didnt fucking try, they downed tools

And if it is proved that Wallace and Miller led a dressingroom revolt (twice in one season if rumours are to be true)

You need to ask where is the fury towards the players. To me the not trying your best is 100 times worse than not been good enough

It's his relationship with the press that's an issue, not the fans. Wallace similarly.

They're equally guilty - see the slow motion rollout of the story over Sunday / Monday using the club's favourite methods. Same with the kit deal , the board ( not directly imho) are happy for info to be passed to the likes of 4Lads / prominent social media / admins on FF to become privy to info they'll pass along.

Im not even defending Miller or Wallace , just both have reps as model professionals and if my name was ( as KM and LW believe) being slandered and my job put in jeopardy I think i would use the media to defend myself too.

If they've undermined the manager deliberately then they need to go as they can never be trusted again , but all my initial point was is that both the board and the players need to shoulder the blame.

Whoever is right and whoever is in the wrong i still cant get over the gutless performance on Sunday and its going to take me a long time to get it over it so i dont care who leaves and all 3 of them should be gone to start with.

Last edited:
Murty and the players should consider themselves very fortunate that it was Miller and Wallace, (if that actually is the case) that were tearing in to them, and not some of the punters that have spent fortunes following this apology of a Rangers team up and down the country.

Murty shamed us on Sunday with the way he set the team up and the players who took to the park disgraced us.

Wallace and Miller are probably the least culpable people involved in this shambles.

At least they actually care.

It goes much deeper than that, Murty had already gone to the board previously to say that Miller a few others were deliberately undermining him, leading to players not carrying out instructions. Murty is weak and not fit for purpose and should have been able to deal with the situation if he had anything about him but the players have acted despicably and it is not the first manager it has happened to

Ah I never knew that, cheers.

Back