Napoli Away?

Sounds friendly enough :oops:

ID to be shown entering the stadium. If it doesn't match the name on the ticket you don't get in. I wonder how strict they are on that

Last edited:
Got the holidays sorted in work, now to try suss out the best route. Right looking forward to this one

Would imagine it will be very similar to this and if thats the case should stop people buying hoping they get posted out, or if they do get posted could be plenty unused if names on them

I was on this train with a suitcase/luggage looking like the most obvious muggable tourist at 11pm at night on the way down to Sorrento. Train randomly stopped in the middle of nowhere for 30 mins with the doors open and I was sitting there absolutely bricking it :D
Tbh I think Andy the yank would find a walk up the royal mile intimidating. I mean nothing actually happened and he's getting a 120 euro taxi back :D

I was on this train with a suitcase/luggage looking like the most obvious muggable tourist at 11pm at night on the way down to Sorrento. Train randomly stopped in the middle of nowhere for 30 mins with the doors open and I was sitting there absolutely bricking it :D
Michel de Montaigne said: "My life has been filled with terrible misfortune; most of which never happened."

Tbh I think Andy the yank would find a walk up the royal mile intimidating. I mean nothing actually happened and he's getting a 120 euro taxi back :D
Busy so didn’t actually watch the video just recognised the train from the thumbnail :D the train is absolutely great in the day time as you can tell there’s normal everyday Italians using it and there’s some amazing scenery. Just when it stopped in the middle of the night not at a train stop and no outside lighting and opened its doors with a gang of young gentleman at the other end of the carriage I started to suspect I was marked :D

For what it’s worth Naples is 100% a shithole and dodgy and I’m 100% not the wet wipe sort. Wouldn’t stop me going again though especially for football.

Busy so didn’t actually watch the video just recognised the train from the thumbnail :D the train is absolutely great in the day time as you can tell there’s normal everyday Italians using it and there’s some amazing scenery. Just when it stopped in the middle of the night and opened its doors with a gang of young gentleman at the other end of the carriage I started to suspect I was marked :D

For what it’s worth Naples is 100% a shithole and dodgy and I’m 100% not the wet wipe sort. Wouldn’t stop me going again though especially for football.
I like going round all the local places and shiteholes wherever I go and there's worse places in South America and other places than Naples (never been to Naples tho) but I would def be careful going to and from the stadium on match day. Some of the poorest places have the friendliest most generous folk. Just don't stroll around in a Panama hat and Gucci shoes and you'll be fine in 99% of places on the planet. Very few folk want to kill you or try and rob you if you don't look like you've got money and keep a few quid to hand over if the worst comes to the worst. Any serious danger is being alone blootered and detached just before and after match and not knowing where your going.

Hope the Glassy are planning on leaving early. Infamous Rome traffic coupled with Italian rozzers playing games, dont want caught out.

Anyone know what happens post match? Bussed to town/airport/left to walk back through Napoli like The Wanderers?

If it's the same as Liverpool in 2018 they got kept back after the game then bussed back to Stazione Marittima in front of Piazza Municipio where they were shuttled in from

If it's the same as Liverpool in 2018 they got kept back after the game then bussed back to Stazione Marittima in front of Piazza Municipio where they were shuttled in from
Might get something booked there then as cant be arsed having to travel back to the airport to wait outside until 3am

Back