Kjetil Knutsen

Fans are mental this team were a pish WIFi code that beat Celtic and how we laughed now we are wanting that WiFi codes manager? Which one is it wee they pish or good?

Fans are mental this team were a pish WIFi code that beat Celtic and how we laughed now we are wanting that WiFi codes manager? Which one is it wee they pish or good?
Anytime ive seen them mentioned people here wanted players like Botheim, Solbakken and Berg.

The actual club itself is tinpot but the way they are run is excellent.

Personally, I'd be open to a Knutsen -- or a Beale -- type candidate.

I think both these men have interesting qualities.

By the way, it's my understanding that Bodo have lost key players recently, so that might explain why their performance levels have declined of late. (On that note, parallels can also be drawn to Rangers.)

Moreover, I feel that the club needs a manager who can get physically and technically talented players into the club, and get them playing under a clear and trusted system.
They lose 3-5 of their best players every season. Its a miracle they are still performing to a decent level.

They also just missed out on champions league group stage football. Taking Zagreb who beat Chelsea to extra time.

He is a very good manager who's side have plateaued. There's only so many times you can replace your best best players on a fraction of the budget season after season.

Not you btw but for the people turning up their nose due to Bodo's performances this season. Remember the fat Australian struggled worse after winning the Japanese league. How we laughed at the time of that appointment.

The guy fits what our philosophy is supposed to be well. Signs young/cheap talent and massively improves them. Plays good passing football and gives youngsters a chance. Knutsen was my choice to replace Gerrard.

Whoever it is next, they have to be attacking in their style in the league. Adopt a press that suffocates the dross and have a game plan to beat celtic.

I honestly think Knutsen could and should be that man. I fear the board are asleep and won't sack Gio anyway. Knutsen will likely be off to Brighton.

I wanted him before Gio but i think its gone now.

I honestly have no idea who i want in place of Gio, a UK manager or another go at a foreign manager.

Is the question "which currently unemployed British manager would play more defensive football than Giovanni Van Bronckhorst"?
No. It's which manager, which we could afford and would be willing to come, could get the best out of the squad we are stuck with until January.

The names we were linked with when Gerrard left were underwhelming to say the least ...expect the same if/when Gio goes

IF the club where to part ways with Gio i think Kjetil Knutsen would be a really good candidate.

Plays an attack minded high pressing style of football. We would surely be in a good position to approach him while he is still at Bodo/Glimt.
All we would require then is 11 decent players to play the High Press.

If we are wanting to blow teams early kinda style Xisco Muñoz would be a shout. But you need to have the right character of players to do it.
I know you work in football so probably more aware than most, what’s your thoughts on Francesco Fariol? Highly rated by all accounts and probably one that would be open to come to us.

The names we were linked with when Gerrard left were underwhelming to say the least ...expect the same if/when Gio goes
Apparently the 3 we interviewed were Gio, Todesco and Farke.

Far from underwhelming.

Gio was the right choice at the time which last season proved. I think people forget the state of the team/mentality Gerrard left.

That would be the kind of sensible manager we should be looking at. The board will be looking for the person who obeys their orders and is cheap allowing more money for them.

Would absolutely love him.

I think the philosophy set by the club/Wilson is one of a conservative/cautious nature though with stability in European football.

Gio is more attacking than Gerrard but both have a lot of similarities which sides with a lot of caution.
I’m not sure we’re watching the same Rangers these days mate. Wouldn’t call Gio’s philosophy attacking, far from it in my eyes.

I’m not sure we’re watching the same Rangers these days mate. Wouldn’t call Gio’s philosophy attacking, far from it in my eyes.
It’s much more expansive/fluid than Gerrards set up that’s for sure.

There was time under Gerrard we were lining up with 3 cdms and a cm at RW against the muck in this league with endless balls into the box and really safe football.

Can’t really comment on him beyond the fact that most Bodo players who have left haven’t hit the heights since leaving - which to me indicates he’s a coach capable of getting more than the sum of its parts out of his teams, which would suit us now.

Whether it’s him or someone else though, I hope we do go for an appointment that evidences at least a modicum of original thinking (not the Pedro thinking of an ex player recommended him) - with the squad as it is right now pretty confident there’s not a manager in Britain who would take it that you’d back to get us to where we need to go.

Apparently the 3 we interviewed were Gio, Todesco and Farke.

Far from underwhelming.

Gio was the right choice at the time which last season proved. I think people forget the state of the team/mentality Gerrard left.
We didn't interview any of them other than gio

Gio was the only candidate, no matter how much shite the board shovels at us telling us otherwise.

Molde who are first in the league to their second place
I’m sure we wouldn’t view losing at Ibrox to the team at the top of the League 1-4 as anything other than poor.

As I said, they’ve lost players but I don’t think it’s the right gamble for us if GvB is to go. No idea who we should go for if we need to move.

I’d be delighted with this appointment.

We obviously won’t do anything about it though and an EPL club will poach him whilst we still have our incumbent.

Back