John Souttar

My mates son played with Simpson at Bournemouth and they are still mates. You are way wide of the mark regarding Simpson's wage with us, and I mean wildly off the mark. What you've quoted as a weekly wage was closer to what his monthly wage would have been.

Depending on where you source information on wages, I can get access to basic pay without bonuses based on insurable value of each player as recorded on the clubs insurances and that data tells me that only 7 players have a weekly wage on or above £20k per week and Souttar isn't one. He may have weighty appearance fee's loaded to his contract but his basic is not what you think.
I didn’t say Souttar was on over 25k a week I said he’d been offered it at Blackburn which was from a poster on here who knew him and was adamant he was signing for us.

He said he came here due to family issues which we all now know about.

As for the Simpson thing by all means go ahead and post this info you have as anyone can say anything.

No, he's from good stock. No idea why that poster wrote that.
When his brother died I confirmed that was true early doors. My mate who is a family friend told me that the whole family support them. Not a problem for me just want him fit and playing well for us.

Pulled his hammy during commentary I heard.
Played well in cup final for hearts though so must be a good signing - let balogun and Katic go for a 20 game a season player. Mind blowing stuff

Balogan only had one league appearance for QPR. Get him on loan asap as better than we got

At one of the club's invite-only pressers, could someone ask Gio - what injury does John Souttar have and what is the approximate timeline for his return to the squad ?
I’m assuming if they wanted us to know, they’d have told us.

They’ll just bat the question away.

So all you know is what you can read in the papers :)

We have plenty players on 30k and over including our new signing Tom Lawrence ,Goldson will also be there or there snouts to think that someone brought in as a first team regular on 15k a week who cost us nothing is absolutely not a stretch,

There was a poster on here when we signed Souttar that knows him that said that Blackburn had offered him 25k a week same poster confirmed he was signing for us and was adamant when others were convinced he wasn’t.

It’s also been quoted on here lots of times Simpson was around the 10k mark again another free transfer from England who wasn’t coming here for pennies.

You believe what you want and I will believe what I want but I can assure you I am far closer to the truth than you are.
You cited "widely reported" initially but now you've downgraded to just random posters on follow follow.

Simpson was not being paid anywhere near £10k a week snd Souttar is not on half of 25k.

You are talking utter shite.

He should never have been signed, lets be honest. It was a lazy signing and whats happened to him was predicted by about 90% of this board.

I honestly think some of the posters on here would be able to scout better players if they had the time and resources.
There’s a couple guys on Twitter who are Rangers fans and do excellent work with compiling detailed reports on players across all kinds of European leagues

I’m all of the above also, but there’s not a single reason there why we ‘should’ know.

Us knowing, or not knowing, the timeline has zero affect on anything related to the boy or the team.

Same goes for speculation or rumour - how does that change when he will be available?

It doesn’t.

The DEMAND to know every detail is just childlike entitlement, and is laughable from grown men.
Welcome to the twitter age bro, when anyone under 40 seems incapable of existing in life without having an hourly update on whatever they deem important.

That is nonsense.
Ask your own HR department.
I’m not a footballer who has signed a contract. Please advise me about a footballers contract? Explain where it is nonsense. I know with music artists, most sign all rights away, I thought sports maybe the same. Looking forward to you educating me.

Perhaps not “a city like Glasgow” but there is no doubt there can be difficulties getting used to playing for a club like Rangers.
We used to check players mentally before we signed them
The fact we signed a guy that's had both legs operated on is shocking and Wilson should be sacked fir that alone

You cited "widely reported" initially but now you've downgraded to just random posters on follow follow.

Simpson was not being paid anywhere near £10k a week snd Souttar is not on half of 25k.

You are talking utter shite.
Where did I said A poster that knew him and told us he was signing said he was offered 25k a week with Blackburn but due to family issues he accepted less to sign for us she he’s on around 15k a week.

There were countless threads on here about Simpson being on 10k a week.

Agreed but King is just now ahead of him in the pecking order. Hope he kicks on at Killie. He looks a decent prospect.
He’s never going to be as cultured a player but the fact he’s a presence good in the air can pass a ball and has pace I would rather have kept him than brought in Souttar.

I’m not a footballer who has signed a contract. Please advise me about a footballers contract? Explain where it is nonsense. I know with music artists, most sign all rights away, I thought sports maybe the same. Looking forward to you educating me.
No problem.
GDPR will tell you all you need to know.

We used to check players mentally before we signed them
The fact we signed a guy that's had both legs operated on is shocking and Wilson should be sacked fir that alone
Agree but, that’s a different argument.
Look at Ian Ferguson as an example.
Took ages to become the player he became at Rangers.

The Souttar signing has turned out as we all knew it would. Only Wilson seemed to not see this coming which is odd

It’s not turned out to be anything yet. You are preempting how the signing will go. You may end up being correct, you may end up being wrong.

We are only 6 league games in but to say it’s turned out to be anything is blowing your load before taking your pants off!!

Feel like i’m reliving the - John Lundstram is on £30k per week and it’s a disgrace - threads again.

Folk guessing what Souttar’s salary is then using it as a stick to beat him with!!

WTF is wrong with folk? I hope Souttar does what Lundstram did and ram it right down folks throats!
Mental isn’t it?

We get a couple of bad results and this place goes absolutely mental, scatter gun abuse to everyone and everything with people either exaggerating things or blatantly making shite up in order to try and make their point more valid.

Feck being this angry all the time.

Not keeping Balogun on a 1 year contract knowing Souttar & Helander were going to be in

the physio room for 90% of the season - criminal

When his brother died I confirmed that was true early doors. My mate who is a family friend told me that the whole family support them. Not a problem for me just want him fit and playing well for us.
Wasn’t his brother pictured in Seville wearing a retro top?

He would have played the same amount of games as the other two put together

Souttar should never have been signed and Helander no matter how good he is, should be
off loaded.

Last season, Balogun played in 58% of our games. Souttar played in 65% of Hearts games.

Signing Souttar was questionable but Balogun is also constantly injured, well past his best, zero resale value and not home trained for European games.

By the way, I loved Balogun when he was here but he’s become something of a myth recently.

Last edited:
It’s not turned out to be anything yet. You are preempting how the signing will go. You may end up being correct, you may end up being wrong.

We are only 6 league games in but to say it’s turned out to be anything is blowing your load before taking your pants off!!
I get what you’re saying but the guy has chronic injury issues which aren’t going to just stop all of a sudden. It’s the way he’s built and he can’t change it. He will always be badly injury prone

Last season, Balogun played in 58% of our games. Souttar played in 65% of Hearts games.

Signing Souttar was questionable but Balogun is also constantly injured, well past his best, zero resale value and not home trained for European games.

By the way, I loved Balogun when he was here but he’s become something of a myth recently.
Exactly like how injured guys, or ones who left get better and better every time we have a bad result.

Candeias is a prime example.

Does he? How on earth do you know that?

I'd wager Gio has had very little input in signings since he arrived. He doesn't seem overly enamoured with any of them.
No manager is going to take a job where he will be judged on other peoples signings. Gerrard on record as saying he had final say why would Gio be different?

Your trying to twist the facts to suit your argument.

Kevin Kyle was on more
No he wasn’t
Whatever wage Soutter is on he would be having it held against him because he isn’t fit very often. Not saying that is fair but the support at the moment is just being scattergun in slagging the club for anything and everything.
Hopefully he can get fit and play an important role in our season.
Whatever wage he is on has no bearing whatsoever.

He was on open goal saying he wanted a few grand and mcoist tripled it
Well he lied then , his agent said they would ask for £800 only for Ally to offer him £2k or so straight up.
Dumb footballer exaggerating things , that’s never happened before

Back