Match Thread ** Rangers v Hearts -12:30 Sunday 22nd - Sky Sports **

Why are we not just taking that into the corner?

As a team Rangers' decision making is shocking.
The amount of times the easy pass would have lead to one of our players being through on goal was quite unbelievable but the ball was either passed the wrong way or held onto too long, as you say the decision making could have cost 2 points. Also the marking at the set piece for their goal was just schoolboy stuff.

He’s had two really bad misses against Celtic and it’s clearly becoming a problem for him. All round he brings far more than Cummings and he will score chances like that against Hearts with the pressure off, games won’t come easier for us than they are today. Time to to accept that.
He’s had more than 2 bad misses against Celtic it’s more like 6

Better than I expected , Dorrans , Holt & Candeias were all very good .

I know Hearts are a poor side but after last week I'll take that.

He had two nosebleeds , he disposed a player easy pass to windass waited and waited and passed too long when it was easier not to. And had another just as bad
Holt is utter garbage, his only quality is running .

He had a very good second half. It's a shame people cannot put their personal dislikes aside.

The reply of Candias goal on Sky there made it look like he walked right past Murty to get the Halliday/bench. I know others posted that he gave Murty a high five but I didn’t see it.

It was interesting that Candias didn’t show for the sky interview to pick up his champagne.. maybe wanted to avoid any awkward questions

He’s had more than 2 bad misses against Celtic it’s more like 6

6 bad misses

Feel free to name them

The Ibrox one and last week is what I’d class as bad missed

At the piggery he had 2 chances. One was a great save and the other was a chance but given how far out it was with the header, it wasn’t a bad miss fs

6 bad misses

Feel free to name them

The Ibrox one and last week is what I’d class as bad missed

At the piggery he had 2 chances. One was a great save and the other was a chance but given how far out it was with the header, it wasn’t a bad miss fs
Nonsense mate. He should have scored with at least one of the headers at Parkhead. In the first game at Ibrox he headed one straight at Gordon (seems to think that's the aim of game) and they went up the park and scored their second.

His misses in the last two games have been diabolical.

Plus points today, anyone?

Decent team performance second half.
Quite possibly Dorrans best game for us.
Cracking assist and a peach of a header from Candeias.
Cummings did a lot better linking play and holding up the ball than most expected.
Wobbled a bit when they scored but didn't fold and created a good few more chances in the last 20.

Murphy, Candeias, Cummings and Holt

Going forward we were slick at times, final ball needs work and Windass invisible yet again.

We should be starting Cummings ahead of Windass IMO with Morelos in the number 9 role

Workrate was vastly improved today

Satisfied with a good 3 points and a decent second half performance.
Thought Cummings did well and deserves to keep his place in the team. Central defence continues to be a worrying area.
Lafferty was always a danger and for me seems to have improved since he was with us last (??)

Hearts are pish so I'm not reading too much into that today. Much better second half though and should have been a few more, Windass incredibly selfish at least twice when others would have been left with more or less open goals. Morelos, Murphy and Cummings could all have added a third.

Awful goal we lost too.

Dorrans dictated the tempo of the game. His only fault for me was when we went 1-0 I wish he had slowed the game down, rather than allowing it to become do open. Taking control and being professional.
Holt, for all his limitations, is our best midfielder at winning second balls (high up the park) and therefore offers a counter attacking threat. He did this well today.
The overall pressing from our whole team today, led by Jason Cummings, who was barking instructions at Candeias, Murphy, Holt, etc to press the next passing option.

Hearts are a dreadful attacking team in open play. They allowed us to play today. We have to better at game management in knowing when to gambling our full backs or an extra midfielder.

Dorrans got better as the game went on.Holt good. Cummings looks desperate to earn a deal,should've had a few.McCrorie grew into it.
Brutal defending for their goal.Need to see that again but looked as though nobody was even goal side of them.Settle for it in circumstances.

Between Dorrans and Candeias for man of the match today.

Would still love to see Morelos playing up top with Cummings off him as the first half we played too many high balls up to Cummings which he had no chance with.

Good result and a far better second half.

- a vital 3 points
- Very good performances from Dorrans, Holt and Murphy
- Candeais, gotta love that guy. Not the complete article but a very importanyt player for us, assist king and whay a heider!! Reminds me more and more of Novo every week, real passion and fire in the belly.
- Second half possibly the most entertaining 45 at Ibrox all season. Should have scored an absolute hatful.
- Some very nice possesson football at times and aggression in the challenge too.

Negatives:

- Hard to read too much into it as Hearts are utter dugshit.
- Windass. Poor. Again.
- Still no convinced defensively and remains space in midfield that better teams can exploit.
- Morelos looked a bit chubby, slow and disinterested when he came on I thought?
- Mixes bag with Cummings, good finish and tries hard but up top alone is not his strength and really poor effort at the end.

Overall, they did what they had to do and secured the 3 pointd do credit for that. But would take nothing short of 4 more wind to fully make up for that abomination last week...

BELIEVE! NS WATP

3 points is the only good thing from the game but we are f*cking rank .

the thing is we don't seem to have any bad players . just players that are decent and no more . teams can carry a player or two that are average if you have a better standard all round but we don't . we don't have a star among them . no ball winner , no dominant center half , nobody that can make a killer pass and nobody to bring the ball through midfield .

In an ideal world omitting only our long term injuries, how would you like to line up against them next week? I’ve not been to the piggery for many a long year as my hatred for them only grows by the day since I was bottled from behind as a 16year old but I’m returning as a ticket and a lift have now turned up, party wrecking time and 5 days in Benidorm to warm up for it!

Good 3 points but not sure I will ever forgive these players for last week.

Much more than a goal between the teams today.

Hearts were abysmal.

We forgave them for the 7-1 defeat, the Berwick defeat and the Hamilton defeat, to name just a few. We take it on the chin and move on.

We will always be The People.

We forgave them for the 7-1 defeat, the Berwick defeat and the Hamilton defeat, to name just a few. We take it on the chin and move on.

We will always be The People.

Hamilton is nowhere near, or in the same realm of embarrassment as the other two you mention.

However, Progres most definitely supercedes the lot.

Back