Clancy today

ssblue

Had his moments but nowhere near as bad as normal. No doubt saving that for the next game.

Twice he stopped the game for free kicks instead of playing advantage and even booked Middleton for a nothing challenge to attempt to justify the stoppage.

Apart from that not his usual cheating bastard self.

Blowing for full time when they had a corner was interesting.

Had his moments but nowhere near as bad as normal. No doubt saving that for the next game.

Twice he stopped the game for free kicks instead of playing advantage and even booked Middleton for a nothing challenge to attempt to justify the stoppage.

We can't complain about him today, maybe the absence of Alfie calmed his jets.

Middleton should have been booked way before he actually was FFS!!

Clancy was OK today and did not buy the cheating of the United players

His decision to bring back play late on as Rangers broke forward was a dreadful decision

Seven League games in pre VAR and we have had Clancy , Robertson and Walsh twice and Oor Willie got the other. Corrupt to the core!!

Neither were pens.

Even Michael Stewart admitted that.

King tackle was in their half with plenty cover.
I agree but Clancy couldve given them, he has in the past m I’m not saying he was over compensating for previous bias, he was fair, thats all we ask for

His visit to her majesty lying in state must’ve made him see the light!

Actually, I hate admitting it, he was lenient to us today, could’ve gave a penalty on 2 occasions, also he could’ve done a Collum and red carded King fora professional foul. He wasn’t our problem today, Gio was
Gio didn't miss some easy chances Kent and McCann.

His decision to bring back play late on as Rangers broke forward was a dreadful decision

Utterly baffling that one. Their player goes down and he stops play when there was no foul or injury (head or otherwise) but we are breaking from defence. There was simply no reason for it. He also liked to give them soft fouls for falling over too easily.

We're not seriously praising the guy for not awarding penalties against us when they weren't penalties. If he was doing his job correctly he would have booked Watt for diving at the first.

King's foul was a yellow all day and he got that right.

Had a couple of chances to f**k us over but didn’t. The cynic in me wonders if he thinks the tims have it in the bag so thought he would be fair to prove a point.
My thinking too. 5 point lead achieved before var takes away his influence on games. Job done. Utter cheat

Gio didn't miss some easy chances Kent and McCann.
Gio plays Kent every week when he has been dreadful. That’s Gios fault.

Regarding Clancy, his worst decision was the Middleton booking, accidental clip of the heels on a defender running back towards his own goal and he gives him a yellow. I would be fuming if that was against us.

Kevin Clancy paid his respects to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth at St Giles cathedral. Referees a game fairly at Ibrox..

Hark at the melts saying Clancy ‘done quite well’.. He’s a cheating mentally challenged scum bag who will screw us over at the first opportunity!

Blowing for full time when they had a corner was interesting

Thought this was odd aswell
Don't understand the sentiment here. What if he had allowed the corner and the result of the corner was another corner to DU, should he allow that corner to be taken or should he blow for full time? Be it the prior to the first corner or the second corner, he would still be ending the game on a DU corner. Do we play the alloted time or do we continue to play if DU have a corner?

For what it's worth, I agree Clancy had a good game yesterday apart from the two advantages he missed, the cheap booking for Middleton to try and cover up one if the advantages and he could have booked a DU player for diving in the box. Like others have said, the cynic in me does think they feel the league is already over.

Actually, I hate admitting it, he was lenient to us today, could’ve gave a penalty on 2 occasions, also he could’ve done a Collum and red carded King fora professional foul. He wasn’t our problem today, Gio was
Mate, how on earth can you describe not giving two penalties that were never penalties and not replicating a decision to send someone off, that the whole football world said was incorrect as being LENIENT to us?

He didn't favour UTD or didn't cheat by giving those decisions are the only way to describe those.

Thought he denied them a stonewaller when Barisic took down Watt on the edge of the box.

When i
Mate, how on earth can you describe not giving two penalties that were never penalties and not replicating a decision to send someone off, that the whole football world said was incorrect as being LENIENT to us?

He didn't favour UTD or didn't cheat by giving those decisions are the only way to describe those.
Ok some posters seem to have got their panties in a twist with my use of the word lenient. What I mean is he could’ve screwed us over but didn’t, would you have been screaming for a pen if it was us in their box? I would’ve , especially the Barisic one. All I’m saying is for once he reffed us fairly, I’m not meaning he did us any favours, that clear it up?

He didn’t do anything wrong today, you’d have to be really searching to find anything to complain about.

Gio plays Kent every week when he has been dreadful. That’s Gios fault.

Regarding Clancy, his worst decision was the Middleton booking, accidental clip of the heels on a defender running back towards his own goal and he gives him a yellow. I would be fuming if that was against us.

He gave him the yellow to justify giving a free kick when we had the ball and were in a position to counter with United out of position. McGregor went mental at him

Same as towards the end of the 2nd half when he did the same. Don't even know what he gave us a free kick for then, other than to stop us attacking.

I said it in a Clancy thread before the game that he wouldn’t be a threat to us today.

He’s clearly an awful referee but he’s smart enough to know when to show his bias and when not to. At home to Dundee United he’ll ref a fair game. Away to the beggars, hearts etc would be a very different story.

Back