Why no statement from the board on Saturday-United fans?

captcaveman

Since the news broke of the sad passing of the Queen, the country was then in an official state of national mourning. We as a club and support showed the Royal family and our Queen the respect she deserved with a simply stunning out-pouring of loyalty with the amazing display and the crowd and stadium singing GSTK . We received praise for not only taking on UEFA but ,also for the genuine heartfelt display of loyalty from our support. This was respect for a Queen that has shown the whole country loyalty throughout her reign.

Then we move on to Saturday and again our support stood in solemn reflection and silence but, we as a support has to listen to the utmost disrespect being show to the passing of our Queen with a frankly offensive and sick song about the Queen's death that I do feel was so offensive it could have left to Public disorder within the stadium.

Today is Tuesday and still we have had nothing from the board about the offensive behaviour from Dundee United fans inside our stadium on Saturday and my question to the board and club is ..Why not? Our club is never slow at attacking our own support for singing something along with the usual suspects so ,why stay silent on the sick behaviour of Dundee United fans? I just wish they would open their mouths about Saturday and condemn the behaviour of Dundee United supporters and demand that Police Scotland open an Investigation in to the the United fans behaviour, they had the spine to take on UEFA so why not take on Scottish society and media on this?

If they say nothing about Saturday, sorry but.shame on them!

Last edited:
There is a YouTube video with a title about 2 Dundee Utd supporters being stabbed to death after their sing song. Don't know if the club are aware of it but it should be removed.

More an issue for the Dundee Utd Board than ours I'd have thought.

Rangers support was self-evidently impeccable so nothing our Board needs to say on it really - leave them to deal with their own shit.
Sorry but, I think youre missing the point. The police stood back whilst Dundee United fans sang offensive and downright vile songs about our recently passed Queen, they committed B.O.P offences within our stadium. You may think " move along, nothing to see here", but Id rather the Justice system treated all within Scottish society as equals ! I would want the club to stand up against the abuse towards our Queen and demand that Police Scotland open an investigation.

I would imagine that it’s difficult for the Board to comment on other teams fans as we’ll be hit with times where our fans haven’t acted like saints.
Why? Whats so difficult on commenting on offensive behaviour within our stadium? Other clubs do it, such as the scum! Asking for parity within the legal system in this country shouldn't be too much for the club. Our club made a statement on the death of our Queen so, Id have thought that standing up for her when her there is abusive songs being sung about her would be the least we could and frankly should do!

Kinda difficult for the board to say much about other teams fans.
The police should be making a statement.
Dundee United’s statement wasn’t worth anything and just made them look stupid.
If we were to make a statement it would only be portrayed as petty point scoring by the usual suspects.

If we were to make a statement it would only be portrayed as petty point scoring by the usual suspects.
How, whats so difficult? They came in to our house and behaved in an offensive and abusive manner that could have led to a public order issue within our stadium! that should be the first ground for their statement!

Since the news broke of the sad passing of the Queen, the country was then in an official state of national mourning. We as a club and support showed the Royal family and our Queen the respect she deserved with a simply stunning out-pouring of loyalty with the amazing display and the crowd and stadium singing GSTK . We received praise for not only taking on UEFA but ,also for the genuine heartfelt display of loyalty from our support. This was respect for a Queen that has shown the whole country loyalty throughout her reign.

Then we move on to Saturday and again our support stood in solemn reflection and silence but, we as a support has to listen to the utmost disrespect being show to the passing of our Queen with a frankly offensive and sick song about the Queen's death that I do feel was so offensive it could have left to Public disorder within the stadium.

Today is Tuesday and still we have had nothing from the board about the offensive behaviour from Dundee United fans inside our stadium on Saturday and my question to the board and club is ..Why not? Our club is never slow at attacking our own support for singing something along with the usual suspects so ,why stay silent on the sick behaviour of Dundee United fans? I just wish they would open their mouths about Saturday and condemn the behaviour of Dundee United supporters and demand that Police Scotland open an Investigation in to the the United fans behaviour, they had the spine to take on UEFA so why not take on Scottish society and media on this?

If they say nothing about Saturday, sorry but.shame on them!
If I had the power I would have had them flung out in the street!

There is a YouTube video with a title about 2 Dundee Utd supporters being stabbed to death after their sing song. Don't know if the club are aware of it but it should be removed.
I saw that yesterday, had to laugh.
Not one person with an IQ above 5 would believe that , mind you social media and all that :))

How, whats so difficult? They came in to our house and behaved in an offensive and abusive manner that could have led to a public order issue within our stadium! that should be the first ground for their statement!
They come out with shit about our fans in their place and round and round it goes. Again public order is a police matter what’s so difficult to understand.

Greg Marshall had said that the club are investigating claims that bottles were thrown into their end Let’s hope that they do .

I happen to agree with your sentiments op
It matters not a jot what Utd say , it was at our place and we should not be subjected to that bile and not respond accordingly.
That support were a disgrace and should be labelled as such .

It might be better to just let the cretins crawl back under their stones rather than giving their despicable acts more publicity. The 19th Century Terrorists authorities won't do anything anyway.

It might be better to just let the cretins crawl back under their stones rather than giving their despicable acts more publicity. The 19th Century Terrorists authorities won't do anything anyway.
This isn't about "giving them publicity", it is about the Justice system in this country treating us all as equals.

That's exactly how it would be painted and we all know where it would go from there - we'd end up being the bad ones when it get thrown back at us that we go to their grounds and sing bad songs.

The Rangers board is best keeping quiet on this and let the other clubs squirm in the public glare.

That's exactly how it would be painted and we all know where it would go from there - we'd end up being the bad ones when it get thrown back at us that we go to their grounds and sing bad songs.

The Rangers board is best keeping quiet on this and let the other clubs squirm in the public glare.
How are they "squirming"? The United fans and board arent squirming as the media has already moved on to making up articles that we are being investigated about bottles that are meant to have been thrown from our support at them.

It doesn't matter what the club say, our fans have been targeted for years and every bit of it is political. I'll just use their wrecking spree in Glasgow and the difference in reporting, which was very much orchestrated by the SNP. The news last week about the police telling porkies regarding the club talking to police scotland before george sq, yet more proof. I really hope one day that a whistle blower at nat headquarters comes out and tells us the truth of what they've been up to.

How many more examples do people need to realise this goes beyond just a football club. It is a sustained political attack by our present govt. I would like an explanation from Rangers fans who vote for that scum. If you believe in independence, that's fair enough but to use your vote for them, then you are contributing to their obvious anti Rangers policy, that I can't nor ever will understand.

Likely start doing statements at $1.99 on RTV soon.

But not sure they need to say much given the lack of statements from some quarters and the actual statements from others. Speaks volumes about those scum bottom feeders.

I'd be very surprised if something wasn't already being done behind the scenes.

Don't air your dirty laundry in public.

Why would our board release a statement? What would you be wanting them to say?

Anything to twist the knife these days, it's pathetic.

This isn't about "giving them publicity", it is about the Justice system in this country treating us all as equals.
I believe that two got charged with b.o.p, I'd like to think it was for singing those obscenities.
As for the football club being held responsible, the 19th Century Terrorist authorities won't go against their 19th Century Terrorist football club and that bastardised clubs silence tells us their views.

I have a couple of Dundee Utd supporting mates/colleagues and they were fuming at what happened.

The bottle incident will taken to its conclusion and they will be outed as liars.

Our conduct has been exemplarily - the world has seen it. Nationalist Scotland may well not give a shit. There is no point dragging this out.

Why would our board release a statement? What would you be wanting them to say?

Anything to twist the knife these days, it's pathetic.
I know, what am I thinking? Our fans are arrested for offensive singing and charged and many have also been jailed and then we have Saturday and United fans, inside our stadium singing sick offensive songs about the death of our Queen that could have led to public disorder inside our stadium .

But, yes...why should our support expect Police Scotland to do their job and open an investigation in to the B.O.P offences inside our stadium? Its not as if they have ever arrested Rangers fans for offensive singing and we should not expect parity in the legal system and for us to be treated as equals within society!

Youre right, what am I thinking!

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what the club say, our fans have been targeted for years and every bit of it is political. I'll just use their wrecking spree in Glasgow and the difference in reporting, which was very much orchestrated by the SNP. The news last week about the police telling porkies regarding the club talking to police scotland before george sq, yet more proof. I really hope one day that a whistle blower at nat headquarters comes out and tells us the truth of what they've been up to.

How many more examples do people need to realise this goes beyond just a football club. It is a sustained political attack by our present govt. I would like an explanation from Rangers fans who vote for that scum. If you believe in independence, that's fair enough but to use your vote for them, then you are contributing to their obvious anti Rangers policy, that I can't nor ever will understand.
Correct, this is political which is why I did also suggest writing to our local MP's MSP's asking then to publicly condemn the actions of United fans inside our stadium and Scum fans behaviour. Our support is constantly targeted by the media and Police Scotland over any thing they do and our fans have been arrested for "offensive singing" but on Saturday, our silence for the passing of the Queen was disrupted due to "offensive" and frankly sick songs about the Queen but, no arrests by police for it? These were B.O.P offences that could have led to public disorder.

Our support and PUL community are constantly painted as the bad guys but, when Police Scotland/ the Justice system is skewed and they do not do their job then the figures on sectarianism will always be wrong and we will always look like the bad guys.

Back