Why no statement from the board on Saturday-United fans?

As the magnificent one said on TS today we should say nothing and just sit back and watch. If we open our mouth it becomes about us then.

As the magnificent one said on TS today we should say nothing and just sit back and watch. If we open our mouth it becomes about us then.
With the greatest respect to Mr Souness, he doesnt live in Scotland and have to deal with the inequality within the justice system and targeting on Rangers fans.

With the greatest respect to Mr Souness, he doesnt live in Scotland and have to deal with the inequality within the justice system and targeting on Rangers fans.
The minute we get involved the narrative changes and the actual issue gets swept under the carpet. The world is watching but not for long so they'll be desperate to make it an anti rangers story

Since the news broke of the sad passing of the Queen, the country was then in an official state of national mourning. We as a club and support showed the Royal family and our Queen the respect she deserved with a simply stunning out-pouring of loyalty with the amazing display and the crowd and stadium singing GSTK . We received praise for not only taking on UEFA but ,also for the genuine heartfelt display of loyalty from our support. This was respect for a Queen that has shown the whole country loyalty throughout her reign.

Then we move on to Saturday and again our support stood in solemn reflection and silence but, we as a support has to listen to the utmost disrespect being show to the passing of our Queen with a frankly offensive and sick song about the Queen's death that I do feel was so offensive it could have left to Public disorder within the stadium.

Today is Tuesday and still we have had nothing from the board about the offensive behaviour from Dundee United fans inside our stadium on Saturday and my question to the board and club is ..Why not? Our club is never slow at attacking our own support for singing something along with the usual suspects so ,why stay silent on the sick behaviour of Dundee United fans? I just wish they would open their mouths about Saturday and condemn the behaviour of Dundee United supporters and demand that Police Scotland open an Investigation in to the the United fans behaviour, they had the spine to take on UEFA so why not take on Scottish society and media on this?

If they say nothing about Saturday, sorry but.shame on them!
Shower of shitebags
Had Utd fans waved a cinch banner...well then there would be trouble.
Unfortunately that is where are board are at.

The club have still not opened their mouth and demanded a police Investigation in to the United fans behaviour is opened.
Since the news broke of the sad passing of the Queen, the country was then in an official state of national mourning. We as a club and support showed the Royal family and our Queen the respect she deserved with a simply stunning out-pouring of loyalty with the amazing display and the crowd and stadium singing GSTK . We received praise for not only taking on UEFA but ,also for the genuine heartfelt display of loyalty from our support. This was respect for a Queen that has shown the whole country loyalty throughout her reign.

Then we move on to Saturday and again our support stood in solemn reflection and silence but, we as a support has to listen to the utmost disrespect being show to the passing of our Queen with a frankly offensive and sick song about the Queen's death that I do feel was so offensive it could have left to Public disorder within the stadium.

Today is Tuesday and still we have had nothing from the board about the offensive behaviour from Dundee United fans inside our stadium on Saturday and my question to the board and club is ..Why not? Our club is never slow at attacking our own support for singing something along with the usual suspects so ,why stay silent on the sick behaviour of Dundee United fans? I just wish they would open their mouths about Saturday and condemn the behaviour of Dundee United supporters and demand that Police Scotland open an Investigation in to the the United fans behaviour, they had the spine to take on UEFA so why not take on Scottish society and media on this?

Genuinely, what do you want the board to say?

Our fans observed the minute silence, there's never. Their board released a daft statement.....

They are making themselves look the fools
It really doesn't matter if you and I think and even know that the Tannadice board are making themselves look like fools.

Who cares?

Who is going to judge them in this instance and crucially while the subject is relevant?

The Gov't? Nope!
Plod? Nope!
The media? Yer kiddin!

The media is absolutely delighted with the actions of two or three dozen mutts and a stray dog (yes, you too Lorraine K) in the away end last Saturday because it created a deflection from having to try and deal with solely the hatred of timbo.

You are making the mistake of thinking any piece of effluence in this country will ever get a reaction to their behaviour, no matter how low, on a par to the slightest thing we do.

The behaviour of other clubs supporters is not something our board should be commenting on in this instance IMO.

More an issue for the Dundee Utd Board than ours I'd have thought.

Rangers support was self-evidently impeccable so nothing our Board needs to say on it really - leave them to deal with their own shit.
We’ve got to say something.
If we don’t, our board are trash and get trashed.
Then, if our board say something, there was no need, we did nothing wrong, so our board are trash and get trashed.

We’ve got to say something.
If we don’t, our board are trash and get trashed.
Then, if our board say something, there was no need, we did nothing wrong, so our board are trash and get trashed.
"trash and get trashed" ! I have done no such thing.

A police investigation?
To be fair, yes.
Not that I agree that the club should be calling for it but, at the very least, and given the story above regarding Hearts fans and the Pope, the police themselves should be taking an interest.
The Queen was, not only the reigning monarch and Head of State but also, the Head of the Church of England and, as such, should be afforded the same legal respect and protection as the Head of the Church of Rome gets.
A hate crime is a hate crime.
Their side invented it but it’d seem that they’re also protected from it.

Nobody is accusing you directly but you can’t deny it’s been happening.

i don't think anyone has been "trashing", I think there has been opinions given about such silence from the board when they have been happy to make statements on everything else. This was a serious display of public disorder insider our stadium on Saturday and given the feeling of the nation and our support at the passing of the Queen, it could have led to very serious disorder and Id have thought that would be an issue that would have led to comment from our board.

"trash and get trashed" ! I have done no such thing.
You haven't said that in writing , but surely that is the sentiment of the the post?

The board are useless because they have not brought out a public statement that you are wanting, regarding Dundee Uniteds fans disruption of the minutes silence.

I might be getting it wrong, but thats what I am getting from this post.

You haven't said that in writing , but surely that is the sentiment of the the post?

The board are useless because they have not brought out a public statement that you are wanting, regarding Dundee Uniteds fans disruption of the minutes silence.

I might be getting it wrong, but thats what I am getting from this post.
I have not said they are useless. My OP was a post of disappointment in them on this issue.

Rangers board don't issue a statement. We should have put out out a statement.

Rangers board put out a statement. Is that it, if that's the best they can do they should have said nothing.

So f&cking tiresome to be a Rangers supporter at times. You are almost compelled to dislike everything but ironically the main targets are the Rangers board, management and players.

Rangers board don't issue a statement. We should have put out out a statement.

Rangers board put out a statement. Is that it, if that's the best they can do they should have said nothing.

So f&cking tiresome to be a Rangers supporter at times. You are almost compelled to dislike everything but ironically the main targets are the Rangers board, management and players.
Mate, see the bigger picture. This was not started by me to have a go at the board , It was for the reasons have already stated many times above. We have fans that are constantly targeted for "offensive behaviour" and singing but, we have Dundee Utd fans inside our stadium singing ,frankly sick songs about the death of our Queen that were offensive but .
The only thing we have heard since Saturday was a report that Police are investigating "alleged bottle throwing" by Rangers fans at Utd fans. The Utd fans songs given the period of mourning this country has gone through could have led to public disorder inside our stadium so, I'm sorry but, yes, I did expect our club to issue a statement on this.

Mate, see the bigger picture. This was not started by me to have a go at the board , It was for the reasons have already stated many times above. We have fans that are constantly targeted for "offensive behaviour" and singing but, we have Dundee Utd fans inside our stadium singing ,frankly sick songs about the death of our Queen that were offensive but .
The only thing we have heard since Saturday was a report that Police are investigating "alleged bottle throwing" by Rangers fans at Utd fans. The Utd fans songs given the period of mourning this country has gone through could have led to public disorder inside our stadium so, I'm sorry but, yes, I did expect our club to issue a statement on this.
What they done on Saturday was revolting. I get that not everyone agree's with the monarchy so the easiest thing to do would be to slowly make your way to your seat so that you arrive in time for the actual kick off.

My point is that we have a large section of our support that cannot deal with a draw or a defeat. Every time a director, coach or player speaks they jump on it to vent their anger. Every time they don't speak they abuse them for staying silent.

I don't need a Rangers director to slam DUFC fans to realise that their behaviour was abhorrent. I do think that Rangers could have used CCTV to ban those seen to be singing. Yes, it would be a token gesture as it is difficult to police but if as a by product it meant they faced a bit of grief at work then maybe they would take a long look in the mirror and realise how childish it was.

What they done on Saturday was revolting. I get that not everyone agree's with the monarchy so the easiest thing to do would be to slowly make your way to your seat so that you arrive in time for the actual kick off.

My point is that we have a large section of our support that cannot deal with a draw or a defeat. Every time a director, coach or player speaks they jump on it to vent their anger. Every time they don't speak they abuse them for staying silent.

I don't need a Rangers director to slam DUFC fans to realise that their behaviour was abhorrent. I do think that Rangers could have used CCTV to ban those seen to be singing. Yes, it would be a token gesture as it is difficult to police but if as a by product it meant they faced a bit of grief at work then maybe they would take a long look in the mirror and realise how childish it was.
Id rather we used CCTV to have them arrested. We don't need " token gestures", we need the laws of this country applied equal to us all. That's the point!

More an issue for the Dundee Utd Board than ours I'd have thought.

Rangers support was self-evidently impeccable so nothing our Board needs to say on it really - leave them to deal with their own shit.
Exactly, I have no idea why our board would comment on another group of supporters. All we can worry about is our own conduct, the conduct of the scummy crew is for them to opine on.

Id rather we used CCTV to have them arrested. We don't need " token gestures", we need the laws of this country applied equal to us all. That's the point!
What would the arrest be mate? That's not a snarky question, I'm just wondering if it's an actual offence?

What would the arrest be mate? That's not a snarky question, I'm just wondering if it's an actual offence?

There are different levels of B.O.P but this will explain the basics of it.

That's interesting and a decent catch, but Police Scotland have all the CCTV access. Maybe they've not seen it as something that could be pursued. I'm still not convinced though that our board should have reacted.

Do you want the Union Bears arrested for breach of the peace next time they sing the “add ons”? It’s a pretty dangerous road to go down imo.

That's interesting and a decent catch, but Police Scotland have all the CCTV access. Maybe they've not seen it as something that could be pursued. I'm still not convinced though that our board should have reacted.
there are videos all over social media with very close up pictures of them singing it

Do you want the Union Bears arrested for breach of the peace next time they sing the “add ons”? It’s a pretty dangerous road to go down imo.
This is the point, they are condemning by Scottish society and police Scotland. The laws in this country either apply to us all or they don't! Have you forgotten the countless MSP's all screaming for blood and demands that police Scotland get involved with the Union Bears march.

I will put it this way to you, if that had been our fans at Dundee Utd singing, "The pope is in a box", Police Scotland would already have announced there would be an investigation and every MSP would have commented and attacked our support and that includes the FM.

Perhaps they consider it prudent to wait until the Police investigation into potential bottle throwing is concluded. On the other hand they may consider that this is an issue for Dundee Utd and be content to see them make idiots of themselves with their non statement.

Perhaps they consider it prudent to wait until the Police investigation into potential bottle throwing is concluded. On the other hand they may consider that this is an issue for Dundee Utd and be content to see them make idiots of themselves with their non statement.

Dundee United fans behaved in a disgusting way with their offensive behaviour that could have led to public disorder within our stadium and you don't think that's worthy of comment . As I have already said, more than a few times, other clubs are never slow at commenting on our support.

You bring up this Police Investigation in to the nonsense about a bottle being thrown from Rangers fans towards United fans , our club could even have addressed that issue and made comment that they would also hope that Police Scotland investigate the offensive behaviour of Dundee United fans whilst inside Ibrox Stadium. Why should we not expect the same level of equality within the legal system from Police Scotland ? As I have stated above, If the Union bears sung " The pope is in a box", that would be front page news and Union Bears members would already be arrested by now.

Asking and expecting equality in the Scottish Legal system should be a given as, the Law is meant to be applicable to everyone.

Last edited:
Because to issue a statement gives the ars*holes involved more exposure, boosts their credibility with the rest of the ars*holes. Personally, I'd rather ignore them, that's all they're worth. Nothing.

Which is not going to happen...

Tbh, the whole Breach of the Peace thing is nonsense (as is the bottle throwing). Dundee United fans are cunts, trying to be smart arses and disrespecting the minute silence, but a disturbance was never going to and didn't happen.
Didn't we get a player sent off for celebrating in the center circle as he may have cause a disturbance.?

Really they already knows it a load of balls

No. but he was punished none the less!
The essence of the thread is about our board saying something and the Police arresting opposition fans for a Breach of the Peace.

Unless Candeias was cited for Breach of the Peace or the St Mirren board said something condeming him along those lines, that's a bit of a weird attempt at comparison.

Last edited:
So the essence of the thread is about our board saying something and the Police arresting opposition fans for a Breach of the Peace.

Unless Candeias was cited for Breach of the Peace or the St Mirren board said something condeming him along those lines, that's a bit of a weird attempt at comparison.
I was illustrating how causing a disturbance was used to punish a Rangers player, but causing a disturbance by those scumbags is seen differently.

I am of the opinion that what would a statement achieve?
That we as a club expect all fans to be treated the same so ,if our support are arrested for "offensive singing" then why aren't Utd fans arrested. This was a period of national mourning and they went out of their way to be grossly offensive which may have led to public disorder .

The laws in this country apply to us all.

Agree with everything you say. It seems to me that a lot of them have been taken aback by the show of support for the monarchy in scotland. They must have been spewing at the crowds lining the roads, down from Balmoral.

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised myself and all is not as the media would have you believe in this country. That there is the problem though, the nats have the money to pay a lot of money for their spin doctors who obviously have many contacts in the scottish media. There is obviously an unwritten policy in place to tarnish one set of people at every opportunity, whilst damage limitation is carried out on them.

When that shower wanted to march in Glasgow last week and are even asked by the police and gcc to call off the march, tells us the tail is wagging the dog.

I watched another video of the United fans and you can also hear them shout FTQ which is sectarian and today we have also seen the abuse and the targeting of kyle Lafferty.

I watched another video of the United fans and you can also hear them shout FTQ which is sectarian and today we have also seen the abuse and the targeting of kyle Lafferty.
I'm disgusted by many clubs fans actions regarding the Queen but although it says more about them as people it.isnt something the police would ever get involved in. Dundee United fans singing FTQ how is that sectarian. So explain that. The Queen herself wasn't a religious leader. Neither is the King. They do not actual run the church or take Sunday sermons. They are a figure head only. So again where does your sectarian belief come from

Also Lafferty is now a victim. Have you condemned him for why he has been targeted. Can't have ut one way to suit your agenda. If a footballer decides to be sectarian its his own stupid fault. Can't then decide to be a victim

Back