Work at Edmiston House - good to see the progress

For sure not a priority, (nor the main source of income) but a great option to have and somewhere for tourists to spend some cash if they have the interest in visiting. It's ridiculously easy to get to Ibrox from the centre with the subway and Rangers should be advertising that heavily.
Totally correct. Its up to the club to push heavily on the tourist/visitor attraction market to grab their
£££'s . As I suggested above the club could even try and negotiate with the tourist bus company that do the Glasgow tour and try and get EH included as a stop on their route.

Last edited:
I work in a local Govan museum, so have a (little) insight into this. I can confirm that people do come from all over the world to visit us 7 days a week, so I'd think NEH and its museum would bring in visitors and certainly multiples of the numbers we get. A big change locally will be the completion of the Govan-Partick bridge, which will bring western Glasgow into walking distance and, in time, create a new tourist trail that would lead people from the West End via the Govan Stones, Fairfield, the RFC Museum, House for an Art Lover, Pollok Park, the Burrell Collection and Pollok House.

I work in a local Govan museum, so have a (little) insight into this. I can confirm that people do come from all over the world to visit us 7 days a week, so I'd think NEH and its museum would bring in visitors and certainly multiples of the numbers we get. A big change locally will be the completion of the Govan-Partick bridge, which will bring western Glasgow into walking distance and, in time, create a new tourist trail that would lead people from the West End via the Govan Stones, Fairfield, the RFC Museum, House for an Art Lover, Pollok Park, the Burrell Collection and Pollok House.
I would like to see some branding in and around the science centre

I would like to see some branding in and around the science centre
The proposed bridge from next to the Science Centre tower to the Govan Graving Docks would be great at bringing people from the SC to Govan and Ibrox and combine well with the Govan-Partick bridge!

Agreed on as much advertising as possible at fellow tourist attractions. Equally as important is leafleting hotels and B&B's (the ubiquitous leaflet stands) as they bring in LOTS of international tourists to our museum.

Personally, I'd also have separate social media accounts for the RFC Museum so that they could post about the collections on display and in storage.

The proposed bridge from next to the Science Centre tower to the Govan Graving Docks would be great at bringing people from the SC to Govan and Ibrox and combine well with the Govan-Partick bridge!

Agreed on as much advertising as possible at fellow tourist attractions. Equally as important is leafleting hotels and B&B's (the ubiquitous leaflet stands) as they bring in LOTS of international tourists to our museum.

Personally, I'd also have separate social media accounts for the RFC Museum so that they could post about the collections on display and in storage.
Exactly. This is pretty much with regard branding and marketing what I suggested earlier. The club need to think outside the box and think big with branding and marketing as there is another market for them outside just Rangers fans.

Last edited:
Obviously, I have an interest in how fans want to see how the bars look, what would be your preference?
I love the louden and given fact that it's packed every match day its hard to get into. I don't often get down without kids. I would like the sports bar to compliment NEH and local bars like louden, I would like it to be kitted out with seating booths, multiple screens of both small and large. Rangers memorabilia etc. Have qr menus for non match days. Club can do case studies on sports bars such as shearers or one in Bristol and how that compares to one's abroad for example.

Really can be an asset to club. Not just in short term but once NEH is developing over years can have time in both depending on the occasion.

Last edited:
Drifters or lulu as they played at Edmiston house. previous
I get sentiment however club will be looking to maximise it for both Rangers and Non Rangers fans. Drifters and Lulu are yesteryear. The club imo will be looking to grab opportunities and get into the market as quick as possible.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this opening.

You start off in the morning with the founders trail leaving from Ibrox, back for lunch in the NEH cafe, then onto the guided museum tour and finally into the stadium to complete the stadium tour ending in the club bar and gift store

That's a day out. Maybe a wee concert on that night or player engagement of new or old to cap it all off.

I think people will be surprised how often this gets used. Especially the concert space. When i was younger i used to go to loads of gigs for up-and-coming bands. The capacity for NEH is perfect. It could conceivably host gigs most nights. Its a fairly unique size, in my experience. So if its utilized correctly, i think it could do very well.

Thats before you get to Rangers own themed nights, with guest speakers etc. The museum, shop and cafe, will almost certainly be open 6 or 7 days a week as well. It might not be packed out every day, but i think it will produce steady income stream.

It may not be in the City centre, but its very easy to get too, via the subway or driving, so i dont see its location as being a "put-off" either.

Im really looking forward to it opening in all honesty

I think people will be surprised how often this gets used. Especially the concert space. When i was younger i used to go to loads of gigs for up-and-coming bands. The capacity for NEH is perfect. It could conceivably host gigs most nights. Its a fairly unique size, in my experience. So if its utilized correctly, i think it could do very well.

Thats before you get to Rangers own themed nights, with guest speakers etc. The museum, shop and cafe, will almost certainly be open 6 or 7 days a week as well. It might not be packed out every day, but i think it will produce steady income stream.

It may not be in the City centre, but its very easy to get too, via the subway or driving, so i dont see its location as being a "put-off" either.

Refreshing view and attitude. The freaks will be along soon to piss all over you :p

I agree with this, can see closing on a Monday but other than that I think 6 days a week is entirely realistic.

Imagine a set of series with the club historian. Series based on the likes of the 55 domestic league trophies spilt into groups of four or five years at a time. Trophies and memorabilia on stage with stories of the seasons ups and downs and main players. old footage flung in etc when you get to the more recent years players recorded stories or live telling of historic nights.

Or European adventures series etc etc. So many different themes could be ran

Would defo be up for that

I’ve always been sceptical of those that have been itching for a museum and of the belief it will generate regular attendees.

As Robert Marshall posted further up as well, IMO it’ll be busy once it opens as fans will be wanting to visit it to see what it’s like. Once they’ve done it once, how keen will they be to go back and visit it again? Not very IMO

The NEH will make its money on match days and from events like gigs etc IMO. I suspect it’ll be full capacity on every match day with folk having to be turned away or turn up by 12 to get in.

That then leaves a market for turning the current shop into a large sports bar which again, IMO would be rammed on matchdays too if there was TV screens showing EPL early kick offs etc, reasonably priced drink, snack type food with a mix of seating and standing capacity.

Both could be gold mines for us but I don’t see either option being opened other than matchdays / gigs and a select few week days for museum visits to begin with
Glasgow has the highest footfall for museum visits in the country.

I see no reason why the museum cant dovetail with the Burrell and Govan Stones for example.
I want it to be a success as much as the next man and I’m sure to a degree it will be.

But be realistic. Do you think Johnny tourist is going to come off the plane at Glasgow airport and say “ we simply must visit ze famous Edmiston house in govan” ?

This will be predominantly for Rangers fans to use with a new ticket office , club shop , museum and the main income will be from music events. Any tourists will be welcome but they aren’t the main target customers.
Rangers know fans will come. I think you are wrong and for it to be a success the opposite will be true.

I get sentiment however club will be looking to maximise it for both Rangers and Non Rangers fans. Drifters and Lulu are yesteryear. The club imo will be looking to grab opportunities and get into the market as quick as possible.
Some of the "acts of yesteryear" are still capable of generating big sums.

I reckon a performance by The Beach Boys would be a smash hit.

Really looking forward to this opening.

You start off in the morning with the founders trail leaving from Ibrox, back for lunch in the NEH cafe, then onto the guided museum tour and finally into the stadium to complete the stadium tour ending in the club bar and gift store

That's a day out. Maybe a wee concert on that night or player engagement of new or old to cap it all off.
The other thing is we have a commercial partner in Glasgow Airport. We should have advertising as soon as people land in Arrivals etc. Flyers with discounts or flyers on the hop on hop off buses.

Some acts yes but would have to be worth it for club in terms of value..but realistically we will be looking at strong up coming bands to promote.

Should be a good size for a lotta corporate functions during the day as well. I’d imagine it’d get quite a few weddings if they ventured into that realm as well.

Also has plenty of parking around the stadium for when gigs are being hosted

I love the louden and given fact that it's packed every match day its hard to get into. I don't often get down without kids. I would like the sports bar to compliment NEH and local bars like louden, I would like it to be kitted out with seating booths, multiple screens of both small and large. Rangers memorabilia etc. Have qr menus for non match days. Club can do case studies on sports bars such as shearers or one in Bristol and how that compares to one's abroad for example.

Really can be an asset to club. Not just in short term but once NEH is developing over years can have time in both depending on the occasion.
Seating booths take up loads of space.

Seating booths take up loads of space.
I get what your saying but I've been in loads of sports bar where designed right has space and seating booths. Great for comfort and atmosphere. Need best of both imo. Like said club can do case studies on others in UK and abroad to get best contemporary design for both matchday and non matchday.

Enough of that sort of encouraging, forward thinking talk!

For what it's worth, I think Edmiston House will be a roaring Sucess and a lasting tribute and Legacy to our Board
Fanzone
Concert Venue
Club Dinner Dances
Supporters Club Dinner Dances
Players Q and A
Conferences
Exhibitions
Museum
Club Shop
Cafe / Bar
There will be something for everyone in there.
How anyone can find fault with this is beyond belief

For what it's worth, I think Edmiston House will be a roaring Sucess and a lasting tribute and Legacy to our Board
Fanzone
Concert Venue
Club Dinner Dances
Supporters Club Dinner Dances
Players Q and A
Conferences
Exhibitions
Museum
Club Shop
Cafe / Bar
There will be something for everyone in there.
How anyone can find fault with this is beyond belief
Yeah the Q and A dinner events etc more reason to draw people over.

5 stars events and such. Certain events wouldn’t need to be held in various hotels can do it in house?

That’s before conferences/gigs.

Yeah the Q and A dinner events etc more reason to draw people over.

5 stars events and such. Certain events wouldn’t need to be held in various hotels can do it in house?

That’s before conferences/gigs.
I think the days of the Club having events in hotels are finished unless EH is that busy it can't accommodate then

I think it’ll be a worthwhile investment for years to come. Along with a sports pub in the club shop.

My only gripe is that we’re spending millions on it during a period where materials have risen considerably whilst we have a team on the park that badly needs investment.
On your 1st point I wholeheartedly agree.

On your 2nd.. There will always be reasons not to do something, especially when it's on a large scale.

Not one single poster on here, or outwith here, would not like to see more investment in the 1st team. Of course we would.

The club that we were left with post Murray, and the charlatans that directly came after, has been one that needed investment in just about every possible area.

It takes money, patience & time. It's ultimately the long term view that we needed, & a course of action that will improve & strengthen us both now & for years to come.

There are many things that are still broken, & a lot of work to be done.

NEH can, & i think will play a huge part in that drive forward.

Very much looking forward to this project being completed. At the stage now I'm not really bothered how long that or the Blue Sky Lounge takes to complete, I'm sure we'd all rather they didn't rush the job despite serveral contracting issues for materials and the drains around the stadium being filled with concrete... I would rather be told about future plans than not be. Makes fans think the board don't have ambition for future plans.

Is the new Edmiston House smaller than the old one? Both in width and length of the bulding?

Apologies if mentioned already however I do worry about the naivety of the board when it comes to any future revenue generated from NEH. Fair enough staging club events such as speaker nights, pre match entertainment etc... But this notion that we will have gig promoters queuing up to book the venue is not one I'm buying. The arts scene in Glasgow is (in the main) run by individuals who despise our very being... I just can't see local promoters agreeing to staging gigs which we would stand to benefit from. Hopefully proved wrong however I suspect the boards naivety when it comes to failing to understand just how much some folk despise us will cost us with NEH.
Firstly I get that but the first act from board was bringing in a professional in this industry under Dave Pyatt ex O2 Academy in London.

I don't think promotors will go out there way to stop a band getting a gig because its Rangers and NEH, they will see what's fit for their act.

We have already had Harry Styles put on show in ground through Dave. Dave is experienced in this industry and take heart that the board employed a manager to take the reigns for this than actually try fill the slots themselves.

As have I. Like you, I’m a football man though. When I go anywhere abroad I immediately find out what the nearest football team is , stadium etc and on occasion I’ll visit it if I find the time.

The majority of “tourists” that come to Scotland aren’t. Yes we will pick up the odd few but I can guarantee you it won’t make up a big percentage of customers/visitors going to the museum.

The club aren’t daft they know this. That’s why things will be concentrated on small concerts and shows etc. That’s where the real money can be made. Not hoping some big American family who have come over to see highland cows, the Loch Ness monster and Edinburgh castle decide to randomly visit govan and snap up giant sandwiches and a few XXXXL Castore kits. As I say you’ll get the odd one but it’s not a priority.
Well this post certainly made me laugh. Hilarious :)) :)) :)) B-)

Correct, If I was in the city centre, Id go there for lunch or a bite to eat rather than going to somewhere in town as the subway takes no time to get there.

Wouldn’t mind a wee Chas n dave might myself. Went to see them a few times at their peak in the 80s and it was always a cracking booze up and great atmosphere

I admire your optimism, but the majority of music promoters in Glasgow are absolutely rabid. It will be a hard sell to get acts to play there instead of the Barras or swg3 unless the margin is very favourable. It's also not that convenient to get to unless you live on a subway line. And the nighttime economy is dying on it's arse.

Back