Our Club does care

Christine1872

Official Ticketer
I’m really fed up with people moaning about everything so thought I’d share a nice story. The lady who has sat next to me at Ibrox for as long as I can remember is turning 90 in October. She is a fantastic lady who has beaten cancer and, at aged 89, she started going on a supporters bus as she doesn’t like driving at night. Anyway, I contacted the Club about her and she got a lovely letter from Stewart Robertson inviting Rena and a guest to the Directors Box for the St Mirren Game. A lovely touch for someone who first went to Ibrox when she was 8.

Last edited:
I’m really fed up with people moaning about everything so thought I’d share a nice story. The lady who has sat next to me at Ibrox for as long as I can remember is turning 90 in October. She is a fantastic lady who has beaten cancer and, at aged 89, she started going on a supporters bus as she doesn’t like driving at night. Anyway, I contacted the Club about her and she got a lovely letter from Stewart Robert inviting Rena and a guest to the Directors Box for the St Mirren Game. A lovely touch for someone who first went to Ibrox when she was 8.
Well done to you for contacting the club, a really nice gesture.

I’m really fed up with people moaning about everything so thought I’d share a nice story. The lady who has sat next to me at Ibrox for as long as I can remember is turning 90 in October. She is a fantastic lady who has beaten cancer and, at aged 89, she started going on a supporters bus as she doesn’t like driving at night. Anyway, I contacted the Club about her and she got a lovely letter from Stewart Robert inviting Rena and a guest to the Directors Box for the St Mirren Game. A lovely touch for someone who first went to Ibrox when she was 8.
God bless her. Class from you OP as well as class from the club. We Are The People!

Of course that is a fine gesture for Ibrox but, they are still woeful in communication with the support for example.

Thanks for sharing.

I'd imagine Rena has some great stories to tell of attending Ibrox in the 40s and 50s - how she travelled to and from the matches and what the pre and post match routines were and what it was like in the stadium back then.

Would love to hear more from this generation of Rangers supporter.

The biggest gesture us all on you for contacting the club.

Well done you.

It is also good from the club but I think this type of thing is expected from a club of our size and stature.

Still, well done to the club, and you in particular. I hope the lady enjoys her experience.

That's a lovely story.

Unfortunately when my grampa had cancer and wanted to transfer the season ticket to me I was accused of lying by the ticket office staff.

So I mean I'm glad it's getting better.

That is really awful. You would have had enough to deal with without being accused of being a liar by the Ticket office.

that is really awful. You would have had enough to deal with without being accused of being a liar by the Ticket office.
Fortunately SLO was really helpful in getting a complaint chased up.

It still pains me to be honest, so while it's good hearing stories like the one in the thread, to say the club does care as if people haven't had the right to complain previously is wrong.

Fortunately SLO was really helpful in getting a complaint chased up.

It still pains me to be honest, so while it's good hearing stories like the one in the thread, to say the club does care as if people haven't had the right to complain previously is wrong.
Agree with you

Last edited:
That’s great to hear, Christine. These wee stories make all the difference. It also tells us what a great support we have, with people like you helping out fellow bears. I still remember, for those that don’t know, that you did a grand job with the RST.

A bad story about Rangers has gone round the world twice before a good story has pulled its boots on. Or something… There is surely far more good about the club than bad. It is good to be reminded of that. People try to do their best. Sometimes they do their best badly. But they mean for the best and they care.

What a nice story. As many have said, i bet she has a few stories to tell. If only someone could ask her about te changes she has seen. Lovely gesture by the club, and thanks to christine for bringing this to their attention. I hope she enjoys her day, and atleast a bouquet of flowers for her

This speaks very highly of our club, but I’ve also got to say, it speaks very of you.

What a nice thing to contact the club and bring her to the attention of the board. Well done and congratulations to this grand old lady in blue :) I hope she has a fantastic day in the Directors Box

Last edited:
Brilliant.

Back