Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

FdcFMq3XoAAuQtc

October 17, 1951.

This striking photograph is captured as 62,000 fans fill the Arsenal Football Stadium in Highbury, North London to see Arsenal challenge the Glasgow Rangers.
It is Arsenal's second match ever to be played under Highbury's floodlights

image-asset.jpeg
Absolutely stunning image that. Honestly can't beat watching a game under the lights!!!

have read a lot of what Ferguson said about his time at Ibrox and he was scathing of Willie Allison who was the 'PR' man at the time but Fergie said he had much more influence than his position credited - never seen a pic of him though.
Willie Allison wrote one of the Rangers books in the late 1950’s, “The New Era.” No photographs of him in the book!

With regards to Allison having undue influence in the “Corridors of Power” - Ferguson is talking bollocks (as he inevitably does speaking of his time at Ibrox).

Willie Allison wrote one of the Rangers books in the late 1950’s, “The New Era.” No photographs of him in the book!

With regards to Allison having undue influence in the “Corridors of Power” - Ferguson is talking bollocks (as he inevitably does speaking of his time at Ibrox).
The New Era came out at the end of the 1965-66 season, the Kai Johansen cup final was the last thing in it.

I reckon that would have been the last game of the season in 1976 v Dundee Utd when a team of retired players such as Baxter played a kick about. Doug Baillie standing next to Baxter?
That’s my thinking. Midweek 0-0 wasn’t it? Was there a pre-match announcement about Greigy being recalled to the Scotland squad?

That’s my thinking. Midweek 0-0 wasn’t it? Was there a pre-match announcement about Greigy being recalled to the Scotland squad?
If Dundee Utd lost they were relegated. We missed a penalty which kept them up.

Can’t remember any pre match announcement but I was very young! I find it incredible that I can remember details from Rangers games 40 years ago yet can’t remember the Champions League final from last year. It just shows the excitement of going to Ibrox as a young kid.

Can’t remember any pre match announcement but I was very young! I find it incredible that I can remember details from Rangers games 40 years ago yet can’t remember the Champions League final from last year. It just shows the excitement of going to Ibrox as a young kid.
Didn't they miss a penalty?
Their goalkeeper took it, Hamish McAlpine.

I’m the same as you. How come I’m able to remember stuff about a 0-0 draw in 1976, but can barely remember our last game (coincidentally against Dundee Utd at Ibrox)?

I’m the same as you. How come I’m able to remember stuff about a 0-0 draw in 1976, but can barely remember our last game (coincidentally against Dundee Utd at Ibrox)?
Madness isn’t it?

I can remember the order of matches, results, goalscorer and probably the Rangers line-ups from the late 80s and into the mid-90s.

My theory is that the young mind is a sponge and as you get older you have a load of boring shit that uses up the space so run out of Rangers Miscellany storage.

Back