Hearts (a)
St Mirren (h)
Motherwell (a)
Livingston (h)
Aberdeen (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Hearts (h)
St Mirren (a)

For me, we need and should be taking maximum points here. I agree with one game at a time but the management team need to be looking at this cycle of fixtures which to be fair are kind to us on paper.

Tynecastle on Saturday is huge for us. It needs to be a win and hopefully it kicks us on to have some confidence on the park and change the way we are playing. Whilst the fixtures look kind in the league, we still have tough games in the Champions League to also worry about which I suppose will take care of themselves.

This block of fixtures is so important for me. It will shape our season going into the break. This is a real chance to define and improve our style and hopefully the ruthlessness and sharpness comes back but to be fair we’ve always lacked this under Gio.

We will have players back during this run of games and the squad will look stronger. Roofe, Lawrence, Lowry and Souttar should all be back at varying points throughout this spell and more importantly we will have a match ready Alfredo Morelos back up to speed.

Tavernier has also benefited from this international break, as has Lundstram who both have been playing with knocks and Lundstram also welcomed a child so he’ll have a spring in his step!

When we return after the World Cup break, we can also look forward to Hagi being ready for selection.

Time for the team to step up and properly kick off our season now. Maybe, just maybe the shittest part of it is over now (even though we qualified for the UCL) and we can start enjoying games again.

A win on Saturday is huge. They have harder games on paper than us up until the World Cup break. We then have 2 of the remaining 3 OF games at home. We also should have a raft of players (hopefully) back from injury soon as well. Lawrence is the key for me. Tight games requiring a moment of quality will come from him. Big games ahead.

22 out of 24 is Absolutely realistic (as is 24).

With Celtic also being away to Hearts and Livingston in that timeframe a really good opportunity.

I think those 8 games can really kick start us.

A win on Saturday could really be a turning point. Fires you into a kind run of fixtures and they will have some tricky away games in between European ties to navigate.

24 points required, with 22 being barely acceptable. Need to keep pressure on them.
22 will only be acceptable if they get less than that. I cant see us beating hearts on Saturday the way we are playing however, if we do, we should get max points from that run without too much fuss. Its what that mob did last year.

Saturday is vital IMO, a decent win could be the catalyst for a much needed long winning run.

Whether this team can do that with the managers tactics is up for debate.

Every game is a cup final unless you are a good bit clear at the top of the league .

One game at a time for me .

Not as easy as OP is suggesting, we will be favourites to win every match but the reality is to win 100% of the 8 fixtures will be extremely difficult.

Hopefully the break from the league has done us good, and we can kick on and go on a winning streak, and they have another slip up after their next European game, maximum points v hearts is a MUST

Maximum points isn't happening.

Not a chance we win 8 on the bounce with games sandwiched in between CL games and our poor start to the season.

If we're within 3 points of them going into the World Cup I'd take that right now.

If we get 21/22 points we will be well in the mix. This team isn’t winning 8 straight games the way we are playing

Saturday either kick starts our season or signals the end of Gio's time. It's a massive game.

8 league fixtures between Saturday and the break for the World Cup;

Hearts (a)
St Mirren (h)
Motherwell (a)
Livingston (h)
Aberdeen (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Hearts (h)
St Mirren (a)

For me, we need and should be taking maximum points here. I agree with one game at a time but the management team need to be looking at this cycle of fixtures which to be fair are kind to us on paper.

Tynecastle on Saturday is huge for us. It needs to be a win and hopefully it kicks us on to have some confidence on the park and change the way we are playing. Whilst the fixtures look kind in the league, we still have tough games in the Champions League to also worry about which I suppose will take care of themselves.

This block of fixtures is so important for me. It will shape our season going into the break. This is a real chance to define and improve our style and hopefully the ruthlessness and sharpness comes back but to be fair we’ve always lacked this under Gio.

We will have players back during this run of games and the squad will look stronger. Roofe, Lawrence, Lowry and Souttar should all be back at varying points throughout this spell and more importantly we will have a match ready Alfredo Morelos back up to speed.

Tavernier has also benefited from this international break, as has Lundstram who both have been playing with knocks and Lundstram also welcomed a child so he’ll have a spring in his step!

When we return after the World Cup break, we can also look forward to Hagi being ready for selection.

Time for the team to step up and properly kick off our season now. Maybe, just maybe the shittest part of it is over now (even though we qualified for the UCL) and we can start enjoying games again.
For comparative purposes, the Dhims fixtures over the same period:

Motherwell (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Hibs (h)
Hearts (a)
Livingston (a)
Dundee United (h)
Motherwell (a)
Ross County (h)

I'd like to think we can make up the deficit within that period. They have Hearts (a) and Livingston (a) back-to-back - that could be challenging for them. Sadly the CL game in between them is at Home. I could just about settle for going into the World Cup break just the 2 behind. Saturday is vital. Win that and we get over a big hurdle and get immediately into our stride for the next few League games.

Europe, and some likely heavy defeats, should not be allowed to distract us. The Dhims have an advantageous draw in that respect.

Last edited:
Saturday is a must win no good them dropping points in last game and us not taking advantage got to keep the pressure on

Normally, you’d think we could win them all, but the way the team is currently playing it’s difficult to see us not dropping some points in that trench of matches.

Why, apart from Tynecastle?
We sent our reserves up there and beat them comfortably.
How many of their players would get in our team?
We need to give them the respect they deserve, which is not a lot.
Because our recent record at Tynecastle is average. I don't think we can read anything into an meaningless end of season game. I fully agree we should be showing these teams zero respect.

Saturday may be season-defining at the very least and potentially even pivotal for the management team. It feels like a massive game.

In the real world, 22pts from 24pts would be an excellent return (7 wins + 1 draw) rather than being "barely acceptable". I'd take it.

But Saturday does feel big. A win and we'll be top, albeit temporarily. It would, though, put a wee bit of pressure on them.

You could look at every single fixture of our full season and say we should be taking maximum points . The only times we aren't the favourites to do so is away to the tims. However that's just not how it's been going for us. I hope this break has been beneficial for us and we get our defensive side sorted but if we're still going with the back 4 of Tav - Goldson - Sands - Barisic then forget it, we'll keep on conceding to everyone.

Sooner we get players back the better

With some of our more influential players ready to return from injury this could be the start of a consistent run for us.
I have the feeling they are going to ship more points against the other sides before we meet them at Ibrox so now is the time for us starting from Saturday to show we really mean buisness.

We’ve had a horrific run of away fixtures for this block. We need to win tomorrow and keep in touch. At the end of the half way stage if we find form, tactics and ambition it could be an interesting post Xmas.

We are a better team that the Turkish mob that put 4 by Hearts at Tynecastle.

Who's the ref for Saturday? That will have a big impact on how the game goes

If we won those 8 games then we would be in a great position.

Bear in mind we are only 2 behind with 2 of the 3 remaining OF games being at Ibrox.

I have absolutely no faith in us winning 8 games in a row though sadly.

8 wins would be an excellent return but it won't be the end of the world if a couple of points are spilled along the way. It's a long season. I see someone has said above it would spell the end of our title challenge - how fkn mental is that.

Back