Injury Updates (todays presser)

We should be playing Davies from the start if he's fit and available.

The recent form of Barisic is keeping Ridvan out of the side but nothing to stop us giving him half an hour rather than risk having to play him when he's barely featured.

Allowing Balogun to leave and signing Souttar was absolute madness. Yeah I know Balogun wasn’t always fit before anyone mentions that but he could be relied upon more often.
I think keeping Balogun after all we'd seen wouldve been silly. Being available slightly more often than someone never really available is hardly what we need.

Balogun did well overall for us but was rightly let go.

Souttar should never have been signed due to his chronic injury problems and the fact hes not good enough for Rangers. Free or otherwise. This is not 2016.

Every Presser kicks off with the same question about injuries and his replies are basically the same, albeit now hes punctuating with 'Fresh' injuries then referencing the others with a 'Please dont ask me any more questions' kind of line.

Utterly ridiculous situation and while Gio didnt sign these people as long as he sits there making excuses for the people who did, hes culpable in my book.

I said weeks ago soutter would be our new alan mclaren and was rounded on by certain posters, my mistake mclaren actually played a part in many imporrant.games ad even captained us.
This signing is a disaster and whoever sanctioned it should be sacked

Happy to help.

I could be a hairline fracture or it could the be the achilles. I have no idea Gio did not elaborate on the actual injury he just stated it was an injury he brought from his previous club to here.
Faid do's mate. I thought you were suggesting it was a recurrence of the Achilles injury he had.

Souttar was signed on a free, and not a huge wage, pretty much everybody on here at the time thought it was good punt. Backfired massively

Well I’m shocked Souttar will miss half of our season through injury at least that we know of.

Who could have predicted that …

Souttar was signed on a free, and not a huge wage, pretty much everybody on here at the time thought it was good punt. Backfired massively
Most on here predicted he would be a crock and they were right. Even folk that rated him had to include the dreaded ‘if’.

Souttar out till after the WC. Who could have predicted that?!

Did he specifically mention Lawrence?

Absolutely shocking that Ross Wilson decided to go for Souttar.

The guy was considering retirement and focusing on his coffee shop.

Mental.

Have a good feeling about Davies though to lighten the feeling up.

If he’s fit and clear of injury he will be a good player for us

Will add balance to the back 4
I hope you are right.
But why do you say he will be a good player for us?
Is it because he must be or we wouldn't have signed him?
Or because you have watched enough of him to know this?
Or because you live in hope? :)

I will be honest, I am in the live in hope camp.

I don’t see it he’s played half a season in 2 years…..we’ve had our pants pulled down simple as that
Harsh; he was an emergency signing for Liverpool and was unlikely to see any real game time. Played a lot for Sheff Utd when he was loaned out there 21/22.

He had a good game against Denmark.

We will get him fit at some point and eventually sell for £500k to a Stoke and get our money back at the very least. Low risk signing.

It was low risk to sign him but high risk to replace Balogun with him.

I think keeping Balogun after all we'd seen wouldve been silly. Being available slightly more often than someone never really available is hardly what we need.

Balogun did well overall for us but was rightly let go.

Souttar should never have been signed due to his chronic injury problems and the fact hes not good enough for Rangers. Free or otherwise. This is not 2016.

Every Presser kicks off with the same question about injuries and his replies are basically the same, albeit now hes punctuating with 'Fresh' injuries then referencing the others with a 'Please dont ask me any more questions' kind of line.

Utterly ridiculous situation and while Gio didnt sign these people as long as he sits there making excuses for the people who did, hes culpable in my book.
It’s all about opinions but I think one more year would have been sensible and we wouldn’t find ourselves playing a midfielder at CB.

If Davies doesn't start tomorrow then there really is no hope for GVB
Maybe he doesnt fancy him?

Not like he has a sterling career behind him to demand he plays - the only thing that make people demand he plays is the inflated fee we paid for him.

Go on their Blades forum - they didn't rate him by the look of it.

Regards Souttar I was one of the ones happy to have signed him (and also annoyed we didn't pay more and get him in January) but that was always based on the assumption he wouldn't be injured. Well, he's injured. Still got months out and that's before he's even match fit.

Disaster.
Just like Lundstrum then (not say he'll have the same impact :D)

I yearn for the day we can approach games without being 5 or 6 men down before we start - looks like I'll have a long wait...

It’s all about opinions but I think one more year would have been sensible and we wouldn’t find ourselves playing a midfielder at CB.
I think Balogun was really an indicator that Souttar would be a really bad idea.

Id actually rather they played King from the start of the season than do what theyve done but it seems Ross Wilson's influence over the squad is as strong as it is misguided.

If you are on the bench you are fit to play.

I highly doubt he will play either of the next 2 games.

Only on the bench v Napoli and Ajax as the whole squad can be named as a sub.

I suspect he would have got game time v Utd if the score wasn't so close.

We only signed souttar because he's Scottish, even when he's fit he's slower than me and I'm 56. Terrible signing in all honesty.

Back