Gio: Souttar brought injury issue with him from Hearts

Agree and disagree.

He had a bad injury but still remember him playing plenty and thinking he was a good defender.
No-one wanted to touch John Brown due to his injuries yet he turned out to be a huge player for us at the time.
Hately had problems as well but we got great service from him too.
Getting Souttar on a free wasn't a huge risk and might still work out long term.

When’s the medical though for it? As in when the deals finally signed off

He played great in the final and didn’t look injured

Still terrible news either way

Is this coming as a surprise to anyone at all?

I mean when we were linked with him the overwhelming chat was around his injury record and the risk that came with his fitness.

Much like Roofe (and others in the past) we took a punt on a guy known to spend a significant amount of time on the physio table.

Ridiculous signing.

Honestly pisses me off so much that we signed another player we knew we couldn't rely on.

Ross Wilson special.

Agree and disagree.

He had a bad injury but still remember him playing plenty and thinking he was a good defender.
No doubt about it ,he is a good defender. He played quite a bit for hearts but still spent long spells out injured. It was worse at Dundee utd before that. Pretty inevitable what was going to happen still imo.

I understand people having a go at every man and their dog for this, but a free transfer on a pretty low wage was a risk worth taking.

Fair enough if we paid couple million for him but we didn't.

The bigger concern for me is bringing in Davies and him not kicking a ball.

He was signed before Gio came in so easier for him to say.
Souttar was seen as a low cost punt but a few grand a week Is still a few grand that could be being used elsewhere towards a player that is actually contributing.
It's not a dig at souttar as it's not the boys fault, he obviously wants to do well. It's on the people that decided to sign him. I think the majority of fans seen this coming, anyone that didn't just had their heads in the sand

No fucking shit
I honestly think whoever sanctioned this shit should be getting their jotters. It's just constant with our signings.

I would need to think everyone on this board had a good idea it was going to pan out this way.
Wasn’t this signing in the works even before Gio arrived, so you’d assume Wilson was the one pushing it?
I'm not sure of the timing regarding Gio. I reckon you could be right about who is responsible.

It starts to get to you a bit when we have a pile of players who are constantly injured and we continue to just go down the same road.

It's as if we know there is a risk involved but manage to negotiate a good deal and then just hope the risk involved will somehow go away. Trying to ride our luck.

I just can't fathom it out.

knew the injuries would be hearts fault. we're really good at keeping our players at peak fitness, and sorting out recurring problems. :-|

Rumour has it -

Souttar had pins or a rod in his foot following an injury sustained at Hearts.

We were aware when we signed him and it was always an intention to have it or them removed which has caused the extended lay-off.

How did he pass a medical then? You would have thought it would have been flagged and stopped like it did with other players, like Ramsey and Roofe...

Jesus Christ.

It’s prodan mark 2. Someone must be held responsible for this shot show.

Joe bloggs and his dog knew Souttar was a walking injury - and yet still we signed him.

Back