MOTM Poll Hearts v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If hearts are playing 442 then that plays right into our hands. We will outnumber them in the midfield. Even if they play 4231 and mirror out formation we have better quality and should be pushing teams like this aside.

Solid midfield with two wingers. I quite like that. Its going to be an end to end game.

Our CMs need to win the ball & get it wide for Kent & Matondo to run at them. Hopefully plenty ammo for Colak

That's probably the strongest bench we've had all season. Add in Devine and Kamara and it'd be an 11 of

McLaughlin
Devine King Sands Yilmaz
Davis Tillman Kamara
Wright Morelos Sakala

That doesn't even take into account Roofe, Helander, Souttar, Hagi or Lowry when fit. We have the quality and strength in depth to cruise this league, it's all about the desire and application as to whether we do or we continue to struggle as we have done so far.
I also think that team could beat Hearts.

I don’t mind that team. I’d have liked Tillman to play centrally but hopefully we’ll see him off the bench.

Good to see Davies back in. Not sure on that midfield.

Hopefully Matondo grabs his chance. If it's not working for them though I hope we try swapping the wingers about, even for 10 minutes.

Tillman gets a raw deal on here btw. The manager done a Diallo with him and threw him into really difficult matches with no real role. Why was he cutting about in that right wing position? It's not a shock his head went down a bit.

Still been fantastic on the whole and deserves another crack at it today.

Solid midfield with two wingers. I quite like that. Its going to be an end to end game.

Our CMs need to win the ball & get it wide for Kent & Matondo to run at them. Hopefully plenty ammo for Colak
Colak has proved, much like Boyd, that if you get the ball in the box, he'll score goals.

He's not Alfie so we can't expect him to play like him.

Play to his strengths and he'll get us results.

Tillman gets a raw deal on here btw. The manager done a Diallo with him and threw him into really difficult matches with no real role. Why was he cutting about in that right wing position? It's not a shock his head went down a bit.

I think he's looked like a youth player at times flashes of brilliance then poor games as well.

Nauseous start there as Sky kid on they support Scottish football - with only half and hour build up.

Colak has proved, much like Boyd, that if you get the ball in the box, he'll score goals.

He's not Alfie so we can't expect him to play like him.

Play to his strengths and he'll get us results.
Aye but we need to dominate games to play to his strength. Away from home we struggle to do that.

This line up looks like it's another sit back and counter

Hoping for the win but when I see that team it says more of the same Gio-safe football.
Somehow I was hoping he would learn and try and build a team around his best players (I would get Tillman and Morelos in) with an exciting attacking formation rather than use his patented formation which will see us trying to keep the zero and trying to create a chance after 14 passes between our defenders to allow Hearts back into their shape…

Matondo doesn’t seem a naturally confident lad, doesn’t chase down loose balls and bottles 50/50s but Hearts is a hostile place and if he can turn in a show here it might give him that platform to build on.

Davies playing is good for me time for him to show what he can do

Matondo on the right brave call he needs to make sure he doesn’t get lost in the game

Nauseous start there as Sky kid on they support Scottish football - with only half and hour build up.
Always is the case on the Saturday unless against them (same applies the EFL games they show on the Saturday)

If the game was tomorrow it would an 1 hour

The knives are already sharpened - can't you tell?
Be outrage that we’ll undoubtedly have to ride our luck, McGregor having to bail is and dealing with long balls and set pieces from all angles. We could win 4 nil and the knives would still be out, sad existence

I think Tillman is a very talented player, but he's an absolute liability for large parts of the game.

He doesn't track back, he loses the ball in possession all the time by trying to take too much time and he doesn't seem to put much effort in off the ball.

All these things can be coached into him though. I think his couple goals and good touches overshadowed the rest of his game. I'd imagine Gio wants him tonwork on that part of his game and then slowly bring him back in.

Matondo inclusion is a surprise but hopefully he can put in a good performance.

Delighted Davies is playing.

If we can't beat hearts with any team we put out what chance have we got of challenging that mob.
3-0 for the Gers

Eilidh looks like she knows her way around a tadger ala kym marsh

RUxNODY1NDAyNTk=.jpg

Sky reminding me that Stiltskin, Inside WAS the intro tune to Scottish Football. Always feel like I’m losing my marbles when I try & find it online.

If hearts are playing 442 then that plays right into our hands. We will outnumber them in the midfield. Even if they play 4231 and mirror out formation we have better quality and should be pushing teams like this aside.
Just came on to post that. No excuses if we can over run that central midfield

Back