Arfield disallowed goal

Sky said during HT analysis that officials had confirmed that a foul was given for a push on Gordon. One of many decisions the ref got totally wrong, the red card was about the only right call he made all day
I was starting to doubt myself I had heard that being said.

The goal should have stood without a shadow of a doubt. But it ultimately made no difference.

However I remember the 2-2 draw with Motherwell last season where a perfectly good goal (iirc) was ruled out and we ended up drawing the game.

I do believe we made a statement today though

Even taking off the blue tinted specs, I still cant see where the foul was.

Matondo makes contact with Gordon as Gordon falls after making the *save* if Matondo isnt there Gordon still falls only onto the ground.
The ball is in the net before Gordon even lands on the ground properly whether Matondo is there or not. Absolutely crazy decision from the ref

Terrible decision.

If anything Gordon fouled Matondo.

On a side note.. Arfield doenst half miss great chances. Frustrating.

giphy.gif

Keepers always get too much protection. He had already spilled it and Arfield was just about to tap it in before they came together.

Sky said during HT analysis that officials had confirmed that a foul was given for a push on Gordon. One of many decisions the ref got totally wrong, the red card was about the only right call he made all day
How can you push somebody when your moving backwards with your back to somebody ...?
even Elasticman couldn't do that.... :cool:

Last edited:
After the red card the referee clown started guessing decisions and didn't guess one in our favour. Absolute embarrassing decision to disallow the goal. But that is scotshit refereeing at its best . Roll on VAR if it ever comes. It will change the game here and a lot of clubs will find out how corrupt the game is here

Poor performance from Steven McLean. Disallowed a perfectly good goal, should have played an advantage three times and got in the way twice. As you say, the red card was just about the only thing he got right.

Hearts had a goal disallowed against Celtic at Tynecastle a few years ago. I think Scott Bain was the Celtic keeper that day. The incidents are identical. But I don’t recall who the ref was that day.

Back