Ben Davies

Not going to get too carried away after 45 minutes, but I thought we saw today why we brought him to the club.
A composed and effective performance, having a natural left sided centre back made the defence look far more solid. We defended corners well, and rarely looked like getting caught out with a direct ball through the middle.

Obviously taken off to make sure he starts on Tuesday.

Hope this can be the start of good things from him in a Rangers shirt.
Completely agree, Sands has done well at centre half but having a natural left Footer play left centre half don’t half make a difference

Looked good today and liked that he instinctively stepped out of defence when nothing was on. Got caught doing it once but a risk worth taking for sure.

He played well today and won his ariel duels, something which many criticised him for when we signed him. He also looks incredibly comfortable with the ball at his feet. Goldson just looks more at ease having a left footed centre back next to him as well. That should be the partnership from hear on out.

Looks good and a nice balance to the team having an actual LCB.

Did Gio say why he was taken off?

Hopefully just because he was on a yellow or to keep ready for Liverpool.

Defence was much more settled with him playing.

Noticeable when Sands came on and it was erratic, last ditch stuff for 20 mins. We also overplay it at the back with Sands there.

The back four that started today needs a run of games.

I agree with that.

I dont know why Sands was chosen to come on before him today, hes not good enough at centre half.

All these interviews the board are doing they keep talking about pathways for youth players, well we need Gio to stop playing Sands at cb ahead of King.
I suspect that at 2-0 up, the manager decided to play the guy who is suspended on Tuesday so not to risk his only other fit centre back.

Defence was much more settled with him playing.

Noticeable when Sands came on and it was erratic, last ditch stuff for 20 mins. We also overplay it at the back with Sands there.

The back four that started today needs a run of games.
I thought Borna was bad today

Not going to get too carried away after 45 minutes, but I thought we saw today why we brought him to the club.
A composed and effective performance, having a natural left sided centre back made the defence look far more solid. We defended corners well, and rarely looked like getting caught out with a direct ball through the middle.

Obviously taken off to make sure he starts on Tuesday.

Hope this can be the start of good things from him in a Rangers shirt.

Agree with every word of that.

I agree with that.

I dont know why Sands was chosen to come on before him today, hes not good enough at centre half.

All these interviews the board are doing they keep talking about pathways for youth players, well we need Gio to stop playing Sands at cb ahead of King.
Did King not have a bit of an injury recently.

I’d love to see or hear even one example to back this up today. I can normally understand wild takes, but can’t see this at all from the half he had
Tackled himself and then got booked trying to retrieve it was a big moment so if you can’t remember that then ……did you watch it

Back