Next Block Of League Fixtures Starting From Saturday - So Important to Season

Long unbeaten runs are required to win the title but I don’t know if Gio’s Rangers has that level of consistency in them.

Unfortunately more likely we’re looking for a new manager during the World Cup.

If we played Annan 8 times we’d probably not win the lot.

Trying to remain positive on FF while being subjected to "the horseshoe" twice a week until mid November:

In all seriousness, bring it on. It's not the worst run of fixtures by any means.

Saturday will tell us as much as we need to know about this team.
We've a chance to regroup and learn from previous issues, and put a marker down with result and performance.

8 league fixtures between Saturday and the break for the World Cup;

Hearts (a)
St Mirren (h)
Motherwell (a)
Livingston (h)
Aberdeen (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Hearts (h)
St Mirren (a)

For me, we need and should be taking maximum points here. I agree with one game at a time but the management team need to be looking at this cycle of fixtures which to be fair are kind to us on paper.

Tynecastle on Saturday is huge for us. It needs to be a win and hopefully it kicks us on to have some confidence on the park and change the way we are playing. Whilst the fixtures look kind in the league, we still have tough games in the Champions League to also worry about which I suppose will take care of themselves.

This block of fixtures is so important for me. It will shape our season going into the break. This is a real chance to define and improve our style and hopefully the ruthlessness and sharpness comes back but to be fair we’ve always lacked this under Gio.

We will have players back during this run of games and the squad will look stronger. Roofe, Lawrence, Lowry and Souttar should all be back at varying points throughout this spell and more importantly we will have a match ready Alfredo Morelos back up to speed.

Tavernier has also benefited from this international break, as has Lundstram who both have been playing with knocks and Lundstram also welcomed a child so he’ll have a spring in his step!

When we return after the World Cup break, we can also look forward to Hagi being ready for selection.

Time for the team to step up and properly kick off our season now. Maybe, just maybe the shittest part of it is over now (even though we qualified for the UCL) and we can start enjoying games again.

We ain’t winning 8/8 not a hope in hell.

We need to put a serious run of wins together now it is that simple

We can do it but there needs to be a massive improvement

When is the postponed Pittodrie game likely to take place??
Unlikely to be this calendar year unless they decide to play it in the midweek before the Hibs game on 17th December or midweek after it

Down to Sky as well

Edit Aberdeen away 20th December

Last edited:
Need maximum or as close to as possible, January looks tricky and championships are built on long winning runs.

Just win every game. No excuses.

Celtic managed it last season under a supposed dud.

It’s about time GvB showed he can go on a winning run and deliver a league title.

I'm hoping Gio can prove that he can turn this team around. Massive improvements needed from both the players and the management team. I am feeling somewhat optimistic that this break gave everyone time to reflect on what has been below par so far this season... Hopefully they come out reinvigorated and prove they're up for the fight.

We really should be winning them all, apart from Hearts away its a good run of fixtures.
If we do win them all then will be a title race

Can’t begin to believe it will happen unless there is a massive turnaround starting tomorrow

I can see both us and that lot having the odd draw in games in this run, just because there's so many games to be played with European fixtures having an impact.

If we managed to win all 8 league games it would be a cracking achievement - that sort of run doesn't happen as often as we seem to believe.

As much as I don't like to say it, the judgement on the results will be heavily dependent on what that lot achieve as well.

I can see both us and that lot having the odd draw in games in this run, just because there's so many games to be played with European fixtures having an impact.

If we managed to win all 8 league games it would be a cracking achievement - that sort of run doesn't happen as often as we seem to believe.

As much as I don't like to say it, the judgement on the results will be heavily dependent on what that lot achieve as well.
We won 9 on the bounce in the league last season prior to the winter break being brought forward

Assuming the current management team are in charge for all 8 games, then I’d imagine it’ll go something like:

L, W, W, W, D, W, W, D

5 wins from those 8 will be about par for Gio’s domestic record since he’s been here, with a couple of stupid draws and a loss away to a tough venue thrown in for good measure.

Assuming the current management team are in charge for all 8 games, then I’d imagine it’ll go something like:

L, W, W, W, D, W, W, D

5 wins from those 8 will be about par for Gio’s domestic record since he’s been here, with a couple of stupid draws and a loss away to a tough venue thrown in for good measure.
He won his first 7 domestic games on the bounce. Doesn’t fit the narrative.

How many losses has he had apart from Celtic?

We will see tomorrow if this team has anything about them this season. St Mirren beating them mitigated our poor start but we’ve not looked anything like champions material so far, so negative and passive. That needs to change starting at Tynecastle.

Hopefully Lawrence back asap. we have missed him terribly since he got injured. performances havent been great this season but they have been worse without him

Gee us peace.
I think whatever happens over the next run of games the most critical aspect is what the dark side do
Basically we must do better than them for the rest of the season
Obviously nice to amass as many points as possible during next run of games
I’m also aware that in 2/3 seasons what has cost us dearly is our dismal form after the mid season break which is happening earlier this year due to WC so I don’t perceive the next run of games to be critical other than a need to keep pace or better what they do
I am hopeful that CL games will exert a greater toll on them than us as they are not used to playing recently weekend/midweek football
I think their style of play is more conducive to players receiving injuries and they have more players travelling huge distances to play International Football
Collectively even though our performances to date have been very upndown if we manage to stick at it we’ve every chance of having a very good season but we need to smooth out these bumps and will have every chance of emerging with 56
Keep the faith

He won his first 7 domestic games on the bounce. Doesn’t fit the narrative.

How many losses has he had apart from Celtic?
Not lost domestic game other than Celtic ,his downfall is the style of football which draws games that we need and should be winning

If we drop points on Saturday it will be unbearable on here.
If so its the same carelessness thats cost us the League last year and found us trailing badly before Christmas.

Everybody can see the problems with the team, and thats even putting the injury absentees aside, yet the Manager carries on with the same ideas and lines.

Even if we win the problems arent fixed but if we lose I cannot see him lasting much longer and going into the Liverpool game with rock bottom confidence is not a pretty thought.

Hearts (a)
St Mirren (h)
Motherwell (a)
Livingston (h)
Aberdeen (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Hearts (h)
St Mirren (a)

For me, we need and should be taking maximum points here. I agree with one game at a time but the management team need to be looking at this cycle of fixtures which to be fair are kind to us on paper.

Tynecastle on Saturday is huge for us. It needs to be a win and hopefully it kicks us on to have some confidence on the park and change the way we are playing. Whilst the fixtures look kind in the league, we still have tough games in the Champions League to also worry about which I suppose will take care of themselves.

This block of fixtures is so important for me. It will shape our season going into the break. This is a real chance to define and improve our style and hopefully the ruthlessness and sharpness comes back but to be fair we’ve always lacked this under Gio.

We will have players back during this run of games and the squad will look stronger. Roofe, Lawrence, Lowry and Souttar should all be back at varying points throughout this spell and more importantly we will have a match ready Alfredo Morelos back up to speed.

Tavernier has also benefited from this international break, as has Lundstram who both have been playing with knocks and Lundstram also welcomed a child so he’ll have a spring in his step!

When we return after the World Cup break, we can also look forward to Hagi being ready for selection.

Time for the team to step up and properly kick off our season now. Maybe, just maybe the shittest part of it is over now (even though we qualified for the UCL) and we can start enjoying games again.
it all looks good on paper! we have to wait and see….

Hearts (a)
St Mirren (h)
Motherwell (a)
Livingston (h)
Aberdeen (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Hearts (h)
St Mirren (a)

First one done, now it’s time for a strong run of wins. Shame Souttar won’t be back until after WC but thought there was a noticeable difference in both Tav and Lundstram today. Break has done them good.

Great start to the run today, but we can't afford to take anything for granted and must take one game at a time

For what having an opinion? I thought we’d draw today. I’ll be absolutely over the moon should be win the next 7 games as well. Do I see it happening unfortunately not. Ffs let’s not turn FF into a quote fest every time folk get a result wrong.
No one had quoted anyone before this! I think it's fair enough to pull up fans predicting us to drop points when we win 4-0 but no one did that.

I think our defence looks completely different with two centre halves playing, rather than midfielders out of position . If we can keep it that way with no injuries we can go unbeaten I think.

No one had quoted anyone before this! I think it's fair enough to pull up fans predicting us to drop points when we win 4-0 but no one did that.
On the same note it’ll be fair enough to pull up fans who predict an easy win when we drop points again? Childish imho it’s all about opinions.

Back