Votes: 259 28.0%
  • Morelos

Votes: 666 72.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be Morelos for me

He’ll give their defenders a hard time

Can hold up the ball and draw a foul to give the back line a breath.

It'll be Colak IMO and its hard to justify how he is dropped for Alfie.

We may only get limited chances in the game and I'd trust Colak over Alfie to Bury them

Think itll be Morelos. We will need to get an outball and as good a finisher as Colak is Morelos offers more in a game where we are probably gonna be on the back foot a lot of the time.

I wonder if Walter Smith ever thought when taking on Leeds, or in any other game, "Will I play Hateley or McCoist?". Did Bill Shankly think; "Hmm, Keegan or Toshack?". How long of a Friday evening would Keith Burkinshaw have wrestled with chosing between Crooks and Archibald? Cole and Beardsley, Henry and Bergkamp... and so on it goes. Am I just being an old fuddy duddy in thinking that both of them on the park would give the opposition much more to think about and increase our chances of scoring more goals?

Time for Alfie to shine. Get in about them and rough them up a bit.

Colaks been red hot but can't see him helping us get up the park as much as Alfie does.

It’s a tough one. I would go Morelos and then Colak later on in the game

Colak probably deserves to start but it has to be Morelos who starts, don't think it needs explained why.

If we get a half chance in the box Colak is definitely the guy to put it away, he is one of the most clinical strikers I have ever seen with us. Morelos is more likely to get us out from defence, win free kicks and bring others into the game, he is the only choice I would say.

Colak would get the nod from me. Buff's still not at the races fitness wise, plus he could easily be suckered into a yellow card early on. Buff would be a great sub if we are chasing a goal in the last 15/20 mins.

Colak was brilliant on Saturday, both in the box and at covering ground to support link up with midfield. He’s rarely caught offside and wins a lot in the air. He wins a lot of free kicks.

I’m going with Colak, though I’d love to see both. I think Morelos on the right of the front 3 is as good an option as Matondo or Wright.

Morelos for me, Colak is probably better inside the box but we will be looking for our striker to be doing a lot of his work around the halfway line - I think Morelos will win more free kicks and hold the ball up better.

That’s not being negative about Colak, there’s not many players who are as effective as Morelos at that side of the game when he is on it.

Saturday would have been good at 3 nill to have tried both of them up front . Colak deserves to keep his place he's our on form striker .

Difficult decision, Colak deserves to be selected but Morelos will give us much more in terms holding play, and we will need that at Anfield. For me Morleos at Anfield and Colak at Ibrox.

Wow what an intelligent reply , I asked a question (that’s the one with the question mark) based on your post , and thats your considered response.
I answered your question so you don’t need to explain the concept to me. Not only should it be easy to glean the answer (which is “no” for absolute clarity) from what I did say, but I’ve went a bit further to tell you what I think the other possibility might be.

For a bit more clarity, I’m not saying Colak can’t possibly produce something in that game, but I don’t think anyone who has a good handle on football and has seen both players really believes that Colak gives us the best chance of retaining the ball and getting up the park.

If we get a half chance in the box Colak is definitely the guy to put it away, he is one of the most clinical strikers I have ever seen with us. Morelos is more likely to get us out from defence, win free kicks and bring others into the game, he is the only choice I would say.
I get that Colak is an excellent finisher but reading that you’d be forgiven for thinking Morelos didn't have a fantastic record for us in Europe.

Last edited:
I absolutely adore Colak and it'd be so harsh to sit him on the bench in such a big game but it has to be Alfie IMO. This is his sort of game.

I get that Colak is an excellent finisher but reading that you’d be forgiven for thinking Morelos didn't have a fantastic record for us in the Europa league.
Alfredo has scored an amazing amount of goals for us, and I think he is a fantastic player. I’m also saying I would pick him ahead of Colak.
At the same time, Antonio has been quite unbelievably lethal in front of goal.

Morelos should start. We'll need an out ball, we'll need someone to drag us up the pitch and Morelos does that.

Liverpool are also looking frail in defence at the moment. Alfie gives that Liverpool back line a tougher test imo. Colak is great at picking up positions in the box to put a finish on an attacking move. Morelos though can batter defenders for fun and pull them all over the gaff. Good defensive positioning can cancel out a lot of what is good about Colak's game. We witnessed that against Ajax. Morelos on the other hand is unpredictable and can draw defenders into a battle, I think that's what we need to do against Liverpool, have Alfie take a run at van Dijk or Matip.

Let's just play both.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Borna

Lunny
Arfield
Jack

Kent (free role)

Alfie
Colak

Then we can all wank ourselves into a frenzy pre match before we are taken apart B-D :shh:

Colak was brilliant on Saturday, both in the box and at covering ground to support link up with midfield. He’s rarely caught offside and wins a lot in the air. He wins a lot of free kicks.

I’m going with Colak, though I’d love to see both. I think Morelos on the right of the front 3 is as good an option as Matondo or Wright.
This is the way. He finds himself out there a lot anyway, is more direct with better decision making than Wright & would track back better than Matondo.

We need to find a way to get his physicality on the park while still keeping the goal machine Colak banging them in.

We’re the only fanbase in the world where this would be a debate.

We play in massively in-form striker in Colak. Easy discussion.

I reckon Colak will start with Morelos coming on with 25 to go. Morelos would hold the ball up better but Colak deserves to start due to his performances.

No official match thread yet but so I'll stick this here:

Having watched MOTD id rather be playing Liverpool than Brighton on current form atm.

Colak is more likely to play in behind their back line which will presumably be pushed onto the half way line if they dominate as predicted. Alfie gets bored and goes ball hunting in these long periods without possession at times in Euro ties.

There are downsides to both but with both Morleos' long layoff and Colaks current form it's the latter for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back