Is 20/1 for a win at Anfield too big a price?

20-1, 40-1 or 100-1...the odds don't really matter.

Fill your boots if you think we will win.

Last edited:
They might take us lightly and rest a few players ahead of a trip to the Emirates next weekend..unfortunately they're reserves will probably be too good for us

I know Liverpool are a great side capable of blowing away teams but we've also seen a knack of getting results over the last few years.

Is 20/1 for the win (Hills) too big a price or am I being delusional?
They’ve got a big game on Sunday away to Arsenal, maybe rest some big names against us ?
Got to be worth a wee punt

Just trying to help.
gNLIoUP.jpg

Was this aimed at my OP or someone in the thread?

The cringiest football cliche there is. If that was the case the ‘top teams’ would win every single match by a landslide
We’ll see

Hope im wrong but we aint at Liverpools level not even close

Their front 3 should have a field day if they are on it

Just a realist

Just watched Brighton game…..

They had so much success because when they attacked they had 6 body’s minimum in their final 3rd

We will have 3 maximum

We are dammed if we do and dammed if we dont

If we go all out attack our midfield will get blown away with pace

If we “park the bus” we’ll create very little

Just leaving with dignity in tact is all i ask for Tuesday night and 110% Effort anything else is a bonus

Exactly!
Btw what odds on a draw as per Man U game a few years ago?
I think a draw on Betfair Exchange around 17/2
IMO never bet with the heart as opposed to the head
Liverpool are roughly 2/11 which tells you what the betting markets think
No bet for me

They had so much success because when they attacked they had 6 body’s minimum in their final 3rd

We will have 3 maximum

Just leaving with dignity in tact is all i ask for Tuesday night and 110% Effort anything else is a bonus
How many posts now in the thread?

Pull your pants up or join a Liverpool board.

I know Liverpool are a great side capable of blowing away teams but we've also seen a knack of getting results over the last few years.

Simple answer?

It depends which Rangers show up.

20/1 is big, but it's also 99.9% not going to come in so they could make it 100000/1 and it still would make no real difference.. you'll still be £0 at the end.

Absolute best case scenario is we somehow sneak a draw and even at that I wouldn't put money on it to be honest. Ibrox might be another matter where anything can happen but not at Anfield
What a ridiculous post. The fact is 20/1 shots come in all the time and clearly happens more than 99.9% off the time.

I'll have a pint on it. Not because I'm convinced it will happen but because I reckon it represents good odds. Who knows what can happen on the night.

We will have 3 maximum

Away and pish your frillies on a Liverpool forum or something

We will have 3 maximum

I'm gonna need that explained to me.

Couldn’t get them at a better time , needs Dortmund performance from us and a massive off night from them though

My dear old dad told me many moons ago, "If you can't back your own team never back against them" I'll be remembering that when I put my £10 on us.

What a ridiculous post. The fact is 20/1 shots come in all the time and clearly happens more than 99.9% off the time.
tbf 99.9% was random but let's be honest you're not gonna put money down on it

to the first part, i think youd be surprised at how few 1/20 shots get through. You hear about the 1/20 shots that get through, not the ones that don't. that makes you think they happen more often but reality is it doesn't happen very often.

St mirren to beat Rangers at Ibrox in our next game isn't even close to 1/20 and when was the last time that happened? From what I can see at a quick look (might be wrong), it was 1991/92 season. And they're only 1/14 to beat us - I get odds changed over the years but just as an example.

tbf 99.9% was random but let's be honest you're not gonna put money down on it

to the first part, i think youd be surprised at how few 1/20 shots get through. You hear about the 1/20 shots that get through, not the ones that don't. that makes you think they happen more often but reality is it doesn't happen very often.

St mirren to beat Rangers at Ibrox in our next game isn't even close to 1/20 and when was the last time that happened? From what I can see at a quick look (might be wrong), it was 1991/92 season. And they're only 1/14 to beat us - I get odds changed over the years but just as an example.
I am as are others on the thread so not really sure where you're coming from.

Mate I'm not trying to be cheeky but the way you're writing the odds suggests you're not an expert.

Thing the main thing to take away is just because someone puts a but on no matter the odds it doesn't mean they think or believe it will happen rather that it can.

I am as are others on the thread so not really sure where you're coming from.

Mate I'm not trying to be cheeky but the way you're writing the odds suggests you're not an expert.

Thing the main thing to take away is just because someone puts a but on no matter the odds it doesn't mean they think or believe it will happen rather that it can.
Rather you than me then :))

I'm no expert at all, was just showing how rare these type of odds actually come through using our next league opponents as an example, although those odds are actually better than what we have on stake here. It might not be 99.9% but according to the site I used the last time they beat us was 91/92 season and before that, I got all the way down to the 1930s before I couldn't be bothered looking any more tbh. And that's 1/14 shot not 1/20. ( On todays odds, anyway)

20/1 is big, but it's also 99.9% not going to come in so they could make it 100000/1 and it still would make no real difference.. you'll still be £0 at the end.

Absolute best case scenario is we somehow sneak a draw and even at that I wouldn't put money on it to be honest. Ibrox might be another matter where anything can happen but not at Anfield
Lyon away, dortmund away would have been all big prices

Rather you than me then :))

I'm no expert at all, was just showing how rare these type of odds actually come through using our next league opponents as an example, although those odds are actually better than what we have on stake here. It might not be 99.9% but according to the site I used the last time they beat us was 91/92 season and before that, I got all the way down to the 1930s before I couldn't be bothered looking any more tbh. And that's 1/14 shot not 1/20. ( On todays odds, anyway)
I'm hardly consigning myself to a terrible fate mate or saying I'll be sticking my life savings on.

I'm comfortable with putting on a tenner roughly.

Lyon away, dortmund away would have been all big prices
Can't really find pre match odds but from what I've seen an american betting site had Rangers at 8/1 to beat Dortmund away from home (the game we won 4-2).. No idea how that compares over here but I feel like that sounds about right.

it's a game of football 11 v 11 all it takes is for us to Bury a chance and the Liverpool attack to have an off night 99 times out of 100 we will lose thats being realistic but at 20/1 I'll have a tenner on it

Liverpool are overwhelming favourites without a doubt but 20/1 is wild. I'd say, what price were Brighton yesterday and are we any worse than them?

Anfield in the CL is probably the hardest game in world football. The bookies could've made it any price they wanted.

There's not really though is there? From what I hear, I'd price that nearer 10/1 tops unless your a munter :p
As for 20/1 the bears worth throwing a fiver at it, Liverpool plus 3 is 5/2 ffs

So much wrong with this post mate in every way possible unless I'm having a woosh moment... if such a thing was 10/1 then it IS more likely, and I assure you Liverpool +3 is not 5/2 :D

Absolute best case scenario is we somehow sneak a draw and even at that I wouldn't put money on it to be honest.
We should get you in to give the players one of your motivational speeches just before kick-off.

We should get you in to give the players one of your motivational speeches just before kick-off.
Our manager agrees as he's said himself competing with Liverpool is too much to ask, so I don't think there'd be much improvement there tbh, may aswell let Gio keep that job while I post on FF.

Appreciate the kind words & nomination but I'll have to turn it down

if you are betting this week get on Leipzig -1 at 8/5

Nkunku, Silva & Werner are going to absolutely terrorize Celtics back line especially if Carter Vickers doesn't make it, and even if he does he wont be fully fit

FF betting advice can't get a 1/8 to come in half the time :))

But yeah lets go with a 20/1 option :p

Back