Is 20/1 for a win at Anfield too big a price?

Hoping he rests many of the 1st team in both our games as they have arsenal and Man City in between
The league is finished for them already. The CL will be their priority and after the pumping against Napoli they will take no chances v us.

I have a tiny little account with WH,
just for pure fun. Opened it with a miserable £20 in during last seasons EL run. I’m currently £3.67 up.

If tomorrow’s small bet comes in, I’ll have increased my original £20 stake to over £90 and, if it doesn’t, I’m back to the original £20 I opened it with.

Been great fun along the way though. Come on Rangers!!! Bring my 18/1 shot home. :))

Last edited:
Our manager agrees as he's said himself competing with Liverpool is too much to ask, so I don't think there'd be much improvement there tbh, may aswell let Gio keep that job while I post on FF.

Appreciate the kind words & nomination but I'll have to turn it down
The question was heavily loaded around finances and response was in regards to finances as much as Anything.

It was then relayed out/ reportyed as if we can't compete.

In the context of the question he answered it but Answer was twisted to suit an agenda.

The fault of gio was being honest with the answer and not just batting it away.

Reality is financially we can't compete with any of the teams in our group which in turn does make it difficult to compete but not impossible.

We are going to Liverpool hoping not to get hammered as a fan base maybe sneak a draw. But dreaming of a win.

Napoli we competed up until the red card however ajax was unacceptable.

if you are betting this week get on Leipzig -1 at 8/5

Nkunku, Silva & Werner are going to absolutely terrorize Celtics back line especially if Carter Vickers doesn't make it, and even if he does he wont be fully fit

They looked vastly improved at the weekend. Although Bochum are the worst team in the league.

Love the optimistic views but a fool and thier money .

It’s just a bit of fun, buddy.

Bookies odds are seldom wrong, but …….. they sometimes are :))

Just as long as nobody is sticking their mortgage or kid’s food bills on this then it’s just something to add a little bit of extra spice to the game. Everything in moderation :)

Brighton scord 3 past them ffs.

Far too negative on here.

Get morelos starting, score first and their crowd will get on their teams backs.

20/1 is big, but it's also 99.9% not going to come in so they could make it 100000/1 and it still would make no real difference.. you'll still be £0 at the end.

Absolute best case scenario is we somehow sneak a draw and even at that I wouldn't put money on it to be honest. Ibrox might be another matter where anything can happen but not at Anfield
Youve given the team you support a 0.01% chance of winning?

Brighton nearly beat them days ago?

They are beatable.

It's probably about right given the gulf in quality between the sides, enough to entice the punters.

I can't see Liverpool resting many players after an international break and a disappointing run of results, they will be desperate to solidify their position in the group and allow the likes of Salah, Nunez and Diaz to score their way back into form.

I just hope we're brave, Liverpool have proven this season they have real trouble playing out from the back against a high press. If we sit in with a back 5 and 4 holding mids they'll be delighted.

I know Liverpool are a great side capable of blowing away teams but we've also seen a knack of getting results over the last few years.

Is 20/1 for the win (Hills) too big a price or am I being delusional?
I think it’s about right. If we play the way we did against Ajax it is way short, if we play the same as Napoli then maybe it is a touch long…who knows. 20/1 is worth a tenner of anybodies money however. (Sherif v real &them v Barca)

Last edited:
If Liverpool play like they have been we have a chance of getting something from the game. They have been shocking all season.

We are simply to slow at the elite level to do anything against the top teams, we also give the ball away to easily and are worse when a team presses us. However we may surprise everyone with our best performance of the season :D
But when you think we've beaten CL level teams, Dortmund,Porto and they are vulnerable at the back and I'd love a Dortmund away level of performance,if so, we're in with a shout. I guess we'll know within the first ten minutes. But certainly not impossible when you consider teams we've beaten.

I'm fully expecting a defeat so will be delighted if we manage to avoid it.

Liverpool are a super club with some of the best players in the world, it'll be a great experience for our squad and I just hope we can be competitive.

One of our best players in Europe is someone who could not make their team.

It's going to be a tough ask.
Very true. But if we were playing say Kilmarnock in the cup at Ibrox the same would apply. None of their players would even make our bench but if werent on it you know what might happen. And kilmarnock wouldnt be 20/1. Its about the same levels.

Very true. But if we were playing say Kilmarnock in the cup at Ibrox the same would apply. None of their players would even make our bench but if werent on it you know what might happen. And kilmarnock wouldnt be 20/1. Its about the same levels.
That's my hope as well.

Facts:
- The bookies very rarely get these odds wrong
- 20/1 is representative of the fact they're one of the best teams in Europe on their day
- They'll most likely run over the top of us & win 4 or 5-0

Also fact:
- The meltdown in this thread would totally be worth it given the amount of nicker-pishing I've just read.

So I'm 100% putting a tenner on it.

Teams on par with us are regularly getting results against Liverpool week in week out in the Prem this season, we have nothing to fear against them in current form

Just trying to help.
gNLIoUP.jpg

Could be too nil to The RANGERS too, so it could.

Last edited:
Back