The Louden: Elsewhere

Glasgow City Centre. But I'd imagine keeping the premises safe would be tough & difficult to get a licence approved since it's a rangers bar. Aside from our club shop you'd think we don't exist in the town.

Partick or Glasgow City Centre

Start taking back some control over the green grapes and get some good Rangers bars in there.

Get one opened in St Enochs square or loitering near the merchant city.

Bishopton. Both pubs used to be well patronised by the local Rangers fans, there were very few mankies in the village. However with the Dargavel development they have taken over one of the
pubs, and have a foothold now in the other. We still consider it a "blue" village and a proper Rangers pub would confirm this.

for all the people saying open here /open there, there's a need for a Rangers pub and it would do really well,i have to wonder ,if its indeed the case,then why isnt there a bears bar there at the moment and most of these places would have had proper Rangers boozers in the past and they have closed down

I don’t think there would be a market for a pub like the Louden in the city centre sadly. But if this is all hypothetical then outskirts of Edinburgh please!

Not sure if serious.

The amount of last pint bears waiting at St Enoch Subway about 2.20 on a match day says different.

No idea whether that could sustain non match days though.

Last edited:
for all the people saying open here /open there, there's a need for a Rangers pub and it would do really well,i have to wonder ,if its indeed the case,then why isnt there a bears bar there at the moment and most of these places would have had proper Rangers boozers in the past and they have closed down
Well said - Renfrew and London are two examples where Rangers theme pubs have closed.

Nobody in their right mind would start a new pub business now, although if anyone can make it work, would be the OP I guess...

Byres rd,kelvinbridge or an Irish louden in the city centre, where we could celebrate st paddy's day in our red and white attire.

Byres rd,kelvinbridge or an Irish louden in the city centre, where we could celebrate st paddy's day in our red and white attire.

City centre could use another family friendly Rangers pub although I must admit the Auctioneers is a hard act to follow ...

Another vote for Glasgow city centre, would be busy on matchdays and if doing things like food could also get people in on non matchdays aswell.

There's defo a market for another bears boozer in the town.

Somewhere staunch, Broxburn, Armadale , Whitburn to name a few and it allows fans in the central and East areas the chance to not have to get trains etc to Glasgow
My first thoughts.
Larkhall and Harthill came immediately to mind.
Orlando for the tourist
Then again, feck them, the answer is Drumchapel.
The Peel was up for sale not too long ago!

Take over TWRC for us who park on Helen street.

Its a dump and sadly like the way the stadium bar was it still rakes in plenty due to its location.
I agree with your thoughts about WRC. Would be difficult though when there are no games on to have two places almost empty.

Bishopton. Both pubs used to be well patronised by the local Rangers fans, there were very few mankies in the village. However with the Dargavel development they have taken over one of the
pubs, and have a foothold now in the other. We still consider it a "blue" village and a proper Rangers pub would confirm this.
It’s due to a work ethic of some having jobs and go to the pub a couple of hours after work and not wanting a job and sit in the pub all day.

The Louden concept is fantastic.

So, the question is, do other clubs and especially EPL clubs have anything similar and very close to their grounds?

Because, if they don't, then there is a massive business opportunity for a 'Louden style' pub serving their supporters.

Renfrew, do anything for a decent pub with a bit of life never mind a Rangers minded one.

was this Simons Bar?

Lenzie - doesn't have any pubs that show football and hardly any Celtic fans. 8 mins on the train to Queen St and good motorway links. No brainer!

The owners of Rasoi, and round about are bears.

Is Carriages closed now? Did they show the games previously?

They fucked up the Eagle Lodge in the Briggs for the football when they bought it over.

Good bears too.

Back