Morelos/Kent & Ross Wilson.

Muay Bouk

أنا لا أحب البابا
Staff member
In the event neither of these players sign new contracts and sit tight until the end of the season we will conservatively be watching 15-20 million of talent walking for nothing. If this comes to pass then surely Ross Wilson should be sacked for gross negligence?

Even if we are forced to sell both in January at vastly reduced fees that would be totally unacceptable. Truth be told it’s unacceptable we find ourselves in this situation at all. If players won’t sign new contracts with 12 months left our model surely makes it a necessity they should be sold.

In the event neither of these players sign new contracts and sit tight until the end of the season we will conservatively be watching 15-20 million of talent walking for nothing. If this comes to pass then surely Ross Wilson should be sacked for gross negligence?

Even if we are forced to sell both in January at vastly reduced fees that would be totally unacceptable. Truth be told it’s unacceptable we find ourselves in this situation at all. If players won’t sign new contracts with 12 months left our model surely makes it a necessity they should be sold.
I agree mate but realistically how much would we have got for them in the summer? Very little due to lack or form and fitness.

Not every player we sign is gonna get sold. This is part of the model, we've had 2 very good players contributing to the side and its successes for a number of years. During what will probably be the physical peaks of their career. The ideal will be to replace and then sell on at a good fee but if they leave on a free and go to a richer club there are other top players out there who will take notice and perhaps sign when they would otherwise never dream of coming to Scotland

Explain why, I'm fascinated.
Hi boys Ross here. I want you to sign a contract extension. Both, naw
OK, I'll get a new club for you both. Both, naw were running down our contract.
Personally, I think Kent doesn't want to play for GvB. Morelos has wanted away for years, nobody wants to pay money for him, but might if not paying a fee. Morelos will sign for some minor team, on no more money than at Ibrox, but in a "bigger" league.

Im not sure either will sign new deals.

Morelos - already had 3 or 4 extensions and is at top of our wage structure. Would he extend on the same terms again?

Kent - has looked disinterested for a while and looks like he could do with a fresh challenge.

The reality is both will have options if they run their contracts down and will be able to command a much better wage than they'll get here.

And yes, I'd sack Wilson regardless. Or recruitment has been piss poor.

Bumped into Ross Wilson in hospitality section at Tynecastle on Saturday and asked him about above.

He said he’s “relaxed” about the situation and talks are always ongoing.

im not sure he could say anything else mate? i don’t see him turning round and saying “I’ve fucked this and now need to pray they sign new contracts”

Another thing people forget when they say just give Morelos and Kent new deals is the level of wages there on. They would be in top level of wages at the club, both have not played at that level for a long time consistently.

What if neither wanted to move in the summer?
Or no clubs were coming in with acceptable offers. Think some on here think it’s champ manager when it comes to buying and selling players.

The players have all the power now and if they don’t want to leave and see out their contract there is nothing the club can do. Just look at Chelsea in the summer losing christensen and rudiger for nothing, clubs are losing more expensive players than us for free

Last edited:
Bumped into Ross Wilson in hospitality section at Tynecastle on Saturday and asked him about above.

He said he’s “relaxed” about the situation and talks are always ongoing.
Of course he's going to say that, he's hardly going to say he's fucked up and missed the opportunity of getting £20m and he's not suitable for the role.

Explain why, I'm fascinated.
Hi boys Ross here. I want you to sign a contract extension. Both, naw
OK, I'll get a new club for you both. Both, naw were running down our contract.
Personally, I think Kent doesn't want to play for GvB. Morelos has wanted away for years, nobody wants to pay money for him, but might if not paying a fee. Morelos will sign for some minor team, on no more money than at Ibrox, but in a "bigger" league.

That’s Ross Wilson’s job, to sell our assets at the best price or keep them. We rely on player trading and he has to make that work.

He keeps on saying the same thing but the fans aren’t relaxed.

No idea why we haven’t tied them down yet.

The only glimmer of hope I can think of is the whole Goldson situation. We’re very conservative when it comes to our internal contracts (Goldson even alluded to this at the end of last season) so it may well be that Kent and Morelos are indeed signing or finalising terms.

Sadly I think we could be forced into selling these two in January for about £1m or lower each. Clubs down south and abroad would be willing to offer them way more than Rangers can afford in wages that's for sure.

The January window is pretty vital now we need to be looking at players in the same situation at other clubs and Bosman signings for the future.

Throwing £2m on the final day of the window at another Ramsey type player just isn't on. Serious homework needs to be done over the world cup period when we have the time.

Those who want them both to sign new deals...is it because you want them to remain as Rangers player or because you don't want us to lose them for nothing?

Those who want them both to sign new deals...is it because you want them to remain as Rangers player or because you don't want us to lose them for nothing?

For me? A bit of both. Morelos I want to stay, Kent has the ability to be a key player so would be good to keep him but if he doesn’t sign we are massively out of pocket.

Sadly I think we could be forced into selling these two in January for about £1m or lower each. Clubs down south and abroad would be willing to offer them way more than Rangers can afford in wages that's for sure.

The January window is pretty vital now we need to be looking at players in the same situation at other clubs and Bosman signings for the future.

Throwing £2m on the final day of the window at another Ramsey type player just isn't on. Serious homework needs to be done over the world cup period when we have the time.

I don’t see how if this is what comes to pass that its not a failure in Wilson’s part. To get 2-3 million for something worth 10 million is not business no matter how you look at it.

The players hold all the aces though, Wilson or anyone else at the club can't force the players to sign new deals. As far as I'm aware there has been no proper interest this summer or last for either player so what's Wilson supposed to do?

I don’t see how if this is what comes to pass that its not a failure in Wilson’s part. To get 2-3 million for something worth 10 million is not business no matter how you look at it.

Who was offering £10m for either of them ?

You can't sell a player against his will, they're not slaves.
Players run down their contracts all the time.

If Kent runs down his contract and the re-signs does that mean Liverpool are no longer due a sell on fee? I was wondering if he is maybe being encouraged down this route but on current form can’t see many buyers.

He keeps on saying the same thing but the fans aren’t relaxed.

No idea why we haven’t tied them down yet.

Do you really want the DoF to telling people his panicking? We cant tie them down till they agree, this isnt a dictatorship or Jim McLean contracts.

Players europe wide are seeing out their contracts more and more. If they go at the end of the season we will sadly have to suck it up. This wont necessarily be Wilsons fault.

im not sure he could say anything else mate? i don’t see him turning round and saying “I’ve fucked this and now need to pray they sign new contracts”
It's not ideal but two things that he can't do is a) force either play to sign a new deal or b) force clubs to bid for them.

Players hold all the power these days.

What if they won't sign a new deal and want to run their contracts down, like Lundstram, Souttar, Kamara, Jack, Davis etc etc all did, when they joined us?

Hardly Ross Wilson’s fault, if agents instruct their clients not to sign a new deal and it's more lucrative for them to leave under freedom of contract.

Happens in football all the time.

Do you really want the DoF to telling people his panicking? We cant tie them down till they agree, this isnt a dictatorship or Jim McLean contracts.

Players europe wide are seeing out their contracts more and more. If they go at the end of the season we will sadly have to suck it up. This wont necessarily be Wilsons fault.
It’ll be a trend until a player somewhere gets a right bad injury with a few weeks of their contract left. Players and agents will then see a high profile high value client out of the game for a year with no income and no club facilities and the trend will go back to securing deals with at least a year left. It’s a huge financial gamble for any player to just let his contract run out.

What if they won't sign a new deal and want to run their contracts down, like Lundstram, Souttar, Kamara, Jack, Davis etc etc all did, when they joined us?

Hardly Ross Wilson’s fault, if agents instruct their clients not to sign a new deal and it's more lucrative for them to leave under freedom of contract.

I understand that but if we are to rely on player trading we have to negate this situation as much as we can.

Maybe one player, but it seems to be a pattern that is emerging among all players in our club. We will have the same situation next summer as things currently stand.

It's not ideal but two things that he can't do is a) force either play to sign a new deal or b) force clubs to bid for them.

Players hold all the power these days.
This is the crux of the matter.

Why didn't Utd get a fee for Pogba and Lingard? Chelsea got SFA for Rudiger.

Last edited:

It would be bananas to sell two first team players in January just to get a million in each. Unless the league was already lost by then, which I’d sincerely hope not.

As far as I know, no-one has ever bid a decent amount for Kent and the last reasonable bid for Alfredo was before the 55 season. I'm happy enough we said no to that.

If they go, we'll have had our money's worth. I think at least one will stay, but I'm not sure a change of scenery might not be better for all parties.

Our model can not be solely about trying to sell players as soon as there is a decent offer - "Player Trading Model" is surrender monkey bullshit to appease fans of teams that don't need to win.

Its a phrase Dave King conjured to stall questions about losses when we were still in an investment phase, but in reality all he meant was at that time we needed to spend to get better because we didn't have any surplus talent. Now we need to balance the ins and outs - not generate huge profits from player sales.

I understand that but if we are to rely on player trading we have to negate this situation as much as we can.

Yep agreed, but I don't see a player refusing to leave, or not signing a new deal as a direct reflection of our DoF.

If that was the case, then a string of DoF's would be sacked every year.

You say he has fucked it, but what if both didn’t want to extend and we also didn’t get any decent offers for them?

What can you do? The power is very much with the players these days

Back