Crookston to Ibrox - is it walkable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN8

Got my cousin's kids birthday party on Saturday before the game in Crookston, wondering whether it's realistic to walk to the stadium? Google maps is giving me 1hr 4 mins which i can't say I fancy... although if I was to leave about 1.30 ish a wee pit stop for a pint somewhere would also appeal.

Got my cousin's kids birthday party on Saturday before the game in Crookston, wondering whether it's realistic to walk to the stadium? Google maps is giving me 1hr 4 mins which i can't say I fancy... although if I was to leave about 1.30 ish a wee pit stop for a pint somewhere would also appeal.
Get a taxi to a pub nearer stadium and then walk a short distance.

Get the train (if there running) from Crookston to Dumbreck 15 minute walk to the ground from there. Pint in the Louden job done.

Reactions: TN8
Walk down Crookston Rd to Paisley Rd. About 25 minutes then get any bus up to Ibrox

I walk it from cardonald every home game and it takes roughly 40min. You could get a bus from Paisley road quite easily if you can't be bothered with the walk.
It must be great to be able to walk home from games if your within 40 minutes that’s achievable for most levels unless mobility is an issue. My knee is gone so I wouldn’t have that luxury.

The traffic in and around Ibrox is as bad as it’s ever been and is at the point now I know it’s putting some season ticket holders off going to some games.The stress of getting parked anywhere near the ground is crazy. They are giving their tickets away for some games because they just can’t be doing with the battle with the traffic.

This is where if you had money even if you don’t drink hospitality appeals. Bar72 used to be great to have a cup of coffee after the game , watch the fulltime results etc come in and then saunter to your car an hour or so after fulltime to empty streets.

I usually go on the assumption I can walk a mile in 20 minutes without too much effort. Most reasonably fit adults can walk at that pace.

I usually go on the assumption I can walk a mile in 20 minutes without too much effort. Most reasonably fit adults can walk at that pace.
FF's can walk Ibrox front door to central station in 15mins on a match day. The FF's must be the guy from police squad

_RT3kR.gif

Wa
Walk down to the Quo Vadis(about half way)have couple of pints and carry on.

If it’s up it’s up at the Lidl, Bowling Club part of Crookston Rd then it’s a 3 to Paisley Rd West get off at Argosy pub and there about 3 or 4 different buses go to Ibrox.

You only need to walk to PRW and get a bus from there, a nice walk.

If your on Crookston road either walk upto PRW and get a bus. Or get number 3 on Crookston road and get off on PRW for bus to Ibrox/boozer.

I walked it a lot after games back to Crookston road due to lack of buses post match and took an hr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back